• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

NOW OPEN!! 2016:07 Best of Mexico, July 2-9, 2016

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#46 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 26 May 2016 - 11:31 AM

IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATE:

We have posted the following  in the TRIP THREAD/TOPIC. We are now posting it in the TRIP PM to see if you get a "courtesy copy" via your email client.

If  you get it do nothing.

If you do not get it... let us know by sending an email to Trips@siingledivers.com with the trip name in the subject line and the something like NO Trip PM courtesy email etc.  :thankyou:

Just started getting the PMs for Best of Mexico.  Thanks.

HEY EVERYONE!!!

In our recent move to a new ISP we temp lost the ability for the system to send out the "courtesy emails". The PM's were still on the site but the "courtesy emails" were not being delivered. THIS HAS BEEN FIXED!!! 

So we are going to do a test to ensure that EVERYONE on THIS TRIP Is getting the OFFICIAL TRIP DO NOT DELETE BEST OF MEXICO TRIP PM.  

Stay tuned.... :thankyou:

PROCESS:

I will send a test PM. If you get it then you are good. If you do not then send an email to trips@singledivers.com with Best of Mexico in the subject line and the words TRIP PM Issues.  Then tell us what the issue is.

I am also asking the TC for this trip to double check and make sure everyone is on the Trip PM. 

NOTE: We can not add you to the TRIP PM until your membership is upgraded. This is why we now require your membership to be upgraded BEFORE you can book a trip. Then when you book we can add you to the trip pm vs trying to remember to do so after you upgraded. Clearly the latter had too many chances to miss someone.

Thank you for helping us work thru this!

• bpro likes this

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#47 Starshark12003

Starshark12003

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 02 June 2016 - 01:27 PM

Greetings BOM'ers! Thirty days to go. Fresh batteries in the computers, BC's and reg's have been serviced. The official countdown begins now. Those flying Delta through Atlanta on the 1:50pm flight to Cozumel; let me know - we'll meet up early. Gonna be an awesome trip. Looking forward to meeting all of you.

And just a friendly reminder that long term exposure to the ocean is known to have a detrimental affect on depression & boredom.

Scott aka starshark
Breathe deeply but slowly and the world unfolds before you.

#48 Wet Wally

Wet Wally

Getting started

• Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 03 June 2016 - 04:05 AM

Welcome Mary aka treesnseas and Walt aka Wet Wally to the Best of Mexico Trip! Both are new members as well, and we look forward to showing ALL the new members on this trip what makes SingleDivers.com trips a cut above.... er... while diving below... *shrugs* You know what I mean! :diver:

Thanks for the welcome! See you in Mexico!

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#49 Wet Wally

Wet Wally

Getting started

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 04:48 AM

Hi Guys,

My apologies if some of these have already been answered:

Do we get a transfer from the airport to the hotel?  If not, I guess we grab a taxi? Anyone have an idea what the fare might be? (Would hate to buy the cab instead of the ride!)

I'm sure there'll be a "welcome" info package/gathering where we'll get details about where and when to meet for each day's events. 

I'm bringing my 3/2 shorty, which should be okay for the Coz diving and whale shark snorkeling, but will it be enough for the cenote diving? BTW, is cenote diving in salt, brackish or freshwater?

I was going to exchange money at home, but not sure what I'd need since most of the expenses are covered.  I guess for tips and odds/ends?  Or will US dollars and credit card be okay?

Looking forward to meeting you all and having a great "bucket list" adventure!

Walt aka Wet Wally

#50 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,147 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:22 AM

Hello Walt,

Almost all of the answers I have provided below, plus a LOT more information, can be found on the Best of Mexico Trip page on the main website. Go to www.singeldivers.com and navigate through the "TRIPS" tab then click into the Best of Mexico page. Each of the purple lettered titles are links that open into dialog boxes with details including what you've asked and much more. It's the straight dope on everything Best of Mexico - check it out! :diver:

Hi Guys,

My apologies if some of these have already been answered:

Do we get a transfer from the airport to the hotel?  If not, I guess we grab a taxi? Anyone have an idea what the fare might be? (Would hate to buy the cab instead of the ride!)

When you exit the airport in Coz after clearing customs there is a kiosk to purchase tickets on the local shuttle service. Tell the kiosk lady "One ticket to Casa del Mar resort." Last Jan. it was $10USD and likely still is. They will pack you in with others but it's usually a cheerful group of strangers just starting their vacay just like you, so it ain't so bad. :-) Average ride time is around 20 minutes (remember they are dropping off others along the way.)

I'm sure there'll be a "welcome" info package/gathering where we'll get details about where and when to meet for each day's events.

Typically as we straggle in we check in at the desk then make our way individually to the outdoor pool bar area (covered so no worry about sunscreen for that). I arrive before you (around 1:30PM) and will be watching for folks as they walk in searching the area to ask if with our group.

I'm bringing my 3/2 shorty, which should be okay for the Coz diving and whale shark snorkeling, but will it be enough for the cenote diving? BTW, is cenote diving in salt, brackish or freshwater?

The Cenotes are fresh water, below ground so not warmed by the sun, and at a near constant 70-73F. It is one day out of the entire trip, so you may consider renting a full 3mm from the dive operator ($10USD) for that one day, just a suggestion.

I was going to exchange money at home, but not sure what I'd need since most of the expenses are covered.  I guess for tips and odds/ends?  Or will US dollars and credit card be okay?

The local Peso / USD exchange rate hangs right around 10MP - 1USD. Everyone accepts dollars (vendors, restaurants, even dive crew gratuities). For whatever amount you decide to bring I recommend mostly 10USD bills, along with some $20's. I would NOT recommend using credit cards for anything, but that is personal based on experience.

Looking forward to meeting you all and having a great "bucket list" adventure!

Walt aka Wet Wally

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#51 Wet Wally

Wet Wally

Getting started

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 01:03 PM

I knew I'd seen info on the BOM somewhere in my browsing. I'm new to the SD site, as you know/guessed so getting around will be kinda slow at first. Thanks for pointing it out to me - lots of good stuff, not only on the BOM pages but throughout!

Walt

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#52 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,147 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 07:51 AM

I knew I'd seen info on the BOM somewhere in my browsing. I'm new to the SD site, as you know/guessed so getting around will be kinda slow at first. Thanks for pointing it out to me - lots of good stuff, not only on the BOM pages but throughout!

Walt

No worries - you are way out in front of where most members as new as you typically are. See you soon. :diver:

Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#53 skeebum

skeebum

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cert Level:open water
  • Logged Dives:15

Posted 11 June 2016 - 02:11 PM

hey gang- Recently joined the forum looking to potentially join you festive bunch for some diving.

I am waiting to see if they can squeeze me in for the shark dives otherwise will be hard to fathom hearing y'all talk about those gentle giants . 

Does anyone have experience flying from Toronto to CZM? It seems there are no direct flights at the moment everything will include lengthy stopovers.

Any input is much obliged and hopefully I'll see you guys/gals under the sea 

#54 Starshark12003

Starshark12003

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 10:16 AM

hey gang- Recently joined the forum looking to potentially join you festive bunch for some diving.
I am waiting to see if they can squeeze me in for the shark dives otherwise will be hard to fathom hearing y'all talk about those gentle giants . 
Does anyone have experience flying from Toronto to CZM? It seems there are no direct flights at the moment everything will include lengthy stopovers.

Skeebum: Sadly I have no experience in flying from Canada, so not much help. But Kamala and the folks at Single Divers know all the tricks to international dive travel. I suggest you contact them at trips@singledivers.com, and ask them for help. They do charge a small fee, but that us usually recovered in the lower ticket prices they can get and the hassle-free experience of letting them do all the searching for you.

As for Best of Mexico: Cozumel drift diving, exploring cenotes, and free swimming with the biggest fish in the ocean; what more can you ask for!? Oh, great people to share the experience with. This is my bucket trip for my big 5-0h my god birthday (actual date a couple weeks later). So guaranteed to be an amazing experience. Hope you can join us for it.

Scott aka Starshark

#55 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 01:33 PM

I'm sorry for the delay... I hit two issues...one is we are sold out for the first boat to do the whalesharks. (Cenoties is not an issue)  We can put people on a different boat than the group or you can dive with Brad and probably myself in Cozumel since we can only do 10 per boat and we have 12 people prior to adding you.

Secondly I am verifying the rooming but it seems the resort is sold out so *may* only have a cabana which is more for 2 of the nights you need. I have asked for clarification. At this late date I am not sure you can still get the air. I am sorry for the delays.

OTOH...two people have NOT paid for the transfers etc for the whalesharks and cenotes so may not want to do them. If this is the case you can have one of their spots. We are trying to find out as we speak the status of all these variables.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#56 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 01:36 PM

IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATES:

Please be sure you are getting our TRIP PM's (a courtesy copy should be landing in your email inbox) as I am sending out a LOT of VERY IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATES!

formerly...

#57 Starshark12003

Starshark12003

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:19 AM

BOM'ers:

Nine days to go! For thosemof you flying to Cozumel through Atlanta; Justfortrix and I are on Delta flight 5445 that leaves ATL at 1:50pm. We have a 2:30 hour lay over in Atlanta, so would be happy to meet up while waiting. Just send me a PM and we can work out the details. Otherwise we'll me you in Mexico.

And Brad has volunteered to buy the first round.

Scott
  • WreckWench and like this

#58 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,147 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:52 AM

BOM'ers:

Nine days to go! For thosemof you flying to Cozumel through Atlanta; Justfortrix and I are on Delta flight 5445 that leaves ATL at 1:50pm. We have a 2:30 hour lay over in Atlanta, so would be happy to meet up while waiting. Just send me a PM and we can work out the details. Otherwise we'll me you in Mexico.

Scott

I keep telling you that weird "Pick me!" arm flying up thing is an old war wound. :banghead:  The weird head banging against wall thing, I simply enjoy doing. :P Oh yeah, and the weird tongue hanging out thing, that too....

#59 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 08:20 AM

BOM'ers:

Scott

I'd be on that same flight if I were not arriving a day early! So I'll let you or Brad buy me a drink at the resort! Oh wait...its all inclusive... YEP! That will work out fine then! LOL! ;)

formerly...

#60 Starshark12003

Starshark12003

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:56 AM

BOM'ers:
Nine days to go! For thosemof you flying to Cozumel through Atlanta; Justfortrix and I are on Delta flight 5445 that leaves ATL at 1:50pm. We have a 2:30 hour lay over in Atlanta, so would be happy to meet up while waiting. Just send me a PM and we can work out the details. Otherwise we'll me you in Mexico.And Brad has volunteered to buy the first round.
Scott

I keep telling you that weird "Pick me!" arm flying up thing is an old war wound. :banghead:  The weird head banging against wall thing, I simply enjoy doing. :P Oh yeah, and the weird tongue hanging out thing, that too....
That's right, it is All-Inclusive; Brad will buy the first two rounds at the hotel. And like a GI Joe the arm flying up is not the worst of your "war wounds." I keep telling you "Just because the dog looks cute with his tongue hanging out of his mouth doesn't mean it works for you." - yep, gonna have to keep you away from my air supply all week :-)
  • WreckWench likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users