• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

PRELIMINARY TOURS & Extra Nites BEFORE & AFTER - THAILAND BUFFER DAYS

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 LuvinGCM66

LuvinGCM66

Getting started

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:Stoped counting at 500

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:54 PM

I am easy (yes) so just tell me what the plan is - I arrive in Phuket on Feb 7 - so I only need hotel for that night.  I will do whatever the group wants to do, wherever the group wants to go - in case you haven't guessed - i am easy.

:wow:LuvinGCM - Martin 

#62 SalishSeagal

SalishSeagal

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Diver
  • Logged Dives:1500+

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:07 PM

Hey guys, I know I am late to the party, but I am still trying to decide whether to tour Thailand before or after the week 1 trip.  I am planning on going to Chiang Mai and Bangkok, but I haven't decided whether to go before or after diving. I am open to either.  Anyone else out there going to those places that wouldn't mind someone else tagging along?  Here are some tours I have been considering near Phuket:

--FantaSea Cultural Theme Park — Kamala Beach

--James Bond Island

--Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure 

--Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park

--Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience

Looking forward to diving with you.

Lori

#63 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

I spend too much time on line

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:900+

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:46 PM

Hey guys, I know I am late to the party, but I am still trying to decide whether to tour Thailand before or after the week 1 trip.  I am planning on going to Chiang Mai and Bangkok, but I haven't decided whether to go before or after diving. I am open to either.  Anyone else out there going to those places that wouldn't mind someone else tagging along?  Here are some tours I have been considering near Phuket:

--FantaSea Cultural Theme Park — Kamala Beach

--James Bond Island

--Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure 

--Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park

--Flying Hanuman Ziplining Experience

Looking forward to diving with you.

Lori

Me, LuvinGCM66 (Martin) and Blue151 (Pam) are in Bangkok 2/5 - 2/7 to do some touring.  So if you decide to join us I can add you to the message.

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#64 Sundancediver

Sundancediver

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:27 AM

Hi Spacediver and I booked a room at Beyond Patong for Feb 6 to 8 and Feb 18 to 20. We waited for hotel names and still dont see any listed in the blog. The rooms are almost full and ran out of time. We can change until 23rd. Without penalty. So if there is an alternate please let us know.

We require a decent hotel with good ratings. Many hotels seem affected by previous tsunami or sketchy. Oceanbug did alot of research and my short rrsearch showed this hotel looks good.
  • Oceanbug likes this

#65 DiverSandra

DiverSandra

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:19 AM

Do we have a hotel yet?  I'm getting a little antsy since we are less than a month away.

#66 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue
  • Logged Dives:12

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:12 PM

I need private rooms for the 15-17 and the 28.

#67 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:44 PM

I need private rooms for the 15-17 and the 28.

No problem.  Full details posted a bit later today

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#68 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:45 PM

Do we have a hotel yet?  I'm getting a little antsy since we are less than a month away.

YES!!! I will be booking the full details a bit later today...juggling a few more crap matters aka 'life matters' and I will have this all current today!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#69 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:46 PM

GROUP HOTEL NOTE:

The group hotel is near the boat so in Khao Lak not Phuket nor Bangkok.  Thank you!

formerly...

#70 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,133 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:19 PM

Hello. My flight arrives Phuket on the afternoon 2/7, and depart on the evening of 2/18... So I guess I need a hotel for the day before the boat... and I will get to sleep on the plane the day we depart the boat (sigh...always sad to leave!).

As far as where to stay on 2/7 - I AM TOTALLY flexible, but vote for option 1, staying in Phuket. 

Pam we still do not have your complete Flight Itinerary - please upload under MY TRIPS (select Thailand 2018 from listbox) using the "Travel Information" link OR email a copy to trips@singledivers.com as soon as possible! :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#71 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,133 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:23 PM

Well, I decided to just go in and out of HKT.  The plan is to arrive 8AM on the 17th and spend a night somewhere and head to the boat early-thirty on the 18th.  Is there anyone staying the night of the 17th in HKT that wants a roomy, or which hotel is a good deal to flop that night.  Then will stay 3 nights in HKT, at the end 28th, 1st and 2nd, checking for really early flight on the 3rd.  I guess I could transfer to Bangkok and back for a really interesting side trip, or hang out and see what is around Phuket.  

James we still do not have your complete Flight Itinerary - please upload under MY TRIPS (select Thailand 2018 from listbox) using the "Travel Information" link OR email a copy to trips@singledivers.com as soon as possible! :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#72 pinkmedic16

pinkmedic16

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Cert Level:master diver
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:55 AM

Hi, - just booked today - and am over the moon.  This is a trip of a lifetime for me.  First trip with SingleDivers.  Thanks to Mandi Turner who keeps talking this group up, I am so looking forward to it.

I am going to head into Bangkok on 2/3 - arr 2/4 - if anyone wants to meet up for a few days of sightseeing in advance, let me know and we can plan itineraries.

Flights to Bankok are booked, just need to do the intra-Thai flights which are dirt cheap.  Anyway - looking forward to a great trip. 

Can you recommend a intra-Thai flight from Bangkok to Phuket?  I am looking to book Feb 13th.  I do not want to be bagged fee to death  . .. websites are not clear for me to choose at this point.  Thanks ..  Brenda 

Hi Brenda

I booked AirAsia from DMK to HKT - not the main BKK airport.  I am staying in BKK for 3 days before the trip to do some sightseeing then heading down to HKT for the boat...   Air Asia seemed liked the best, and least expensive option based on what I found.  On the return, i booked a flight from HKT to BKK as my international flight will be the next day out of BKK.

Hope this helps.

Martin

PS - anyone interested in hanging out in BKK for a few days before the trip and doing some sightseeing?

where are you staying in bangkok? I get in on the 16th and if my bags dont make it I will be staying the night.. was thinking about staying righ at the airport vs khaosan road/shopping/night life.

:) ♥ Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love deeply, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that makes you smile.

#73 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue
  • Logged Dives:12

Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:03 PM

I marked everyone as doing their own tours so the boat can close out their manifests.  They have a system and every single question has to be answers or you literally get a red mark next to your name until every question is answered.  If anyone wants the boat tours that have been posted here then we need to decide this ASAP.

#74 Diver_Jim

Diver_Jim

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Cert Level:DM I dive monthly. CA, Carolinas, Florida Keys, Carribean
  • Logged Dives:don't really know, 300 plus ???

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:59 PM

Hi Kamala,

Trying to follow CherryNYC's pattern:

1.  Upon arrival, I will need airport transfer to group hotel on Feb 17th at about 9am

2.  Upon redocking, I will need transfer to group hotel on Feb 28

3.  Upon departure, I will need airport transfer from group hotel on Mar 2 at 10pm (to catch the March 3rd 12:50 am flight out of Phuket)

#75 Sundancediver

Sundancediver

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 01 February 2018 - 08:20 AM

Hi I am looking at Elephant sanctuary. The webpage shows Feb 7 as blocked off. Wondering if the boat reserved it but guessing not. We could go afternoon of Feb 18. Does anyone else want to go? If not I will book it direct for 2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users