• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

PRELIMINARY TOURS & Extra Nites BEFORE & AFTER - THAILAND BUFFER DAYS

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#46 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

I spend too much time on line

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:900+

Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:35 PM

Me too!  Are you going around the world Westward or Eastward?  I am also planning to be in Bangkok 2/4 - 2/7.

I decided against the around the world since it's February and I couldn't take the time off to make that work.  I have a PM going with Martin and will add you to that so we can all coordinate.

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#47 Kimbuddha

Kimbuddha

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue diver
  • Logged Dives:241

Posted 25 December 2017 - 06:48 PM

2 Extra nights.... 2/16-17 in Phuket. I am holding a reservation at Beyond Patong for those nights but I can cancel and stay with the group.
  • Oceanbug likes this
If you change the way you look at things...the things you look at change.

#48 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:50 PM

These are late ...BUT the boat sent me these options as well for tours.

- https://www.phuketel...ntsanctuary.org
- https://www.gibbonproject.org
- http://www.on-phuket...heritage-trails

• Oceanbug likes this

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#49 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:53 PM

HOUSEKEEPING:

We had two topics related to tours and extra days and sightseeing so I merged them both into this one:

TOURS & Extra Nites BEFORE & AFTER - THAILAND BUFFER DAYS  HERE

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#50 Diver_Jim

Diver_Jim

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Cert Level:DM I dive monthly. CA, Carolinas, Florida Keys, Carribean
  • Logged Dives:don't really know, 300 plus ???

Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:16 PM

Hello,

I will be arriving HKT 8AM the 17th, hope to get a room near the boat the night of the 17th. Also, at the end of the trip, i depart HKT early-thirty March 2nd. So, for me, a room not too far from the airport for the 28th, 1st and 2nd. Not really interested in tours in Bangkok. There will be shopping and tours around HKT.

#51 Sundancediver

Sundancediver

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 30 December 2017 - 04:27 PM

The merge link doesnt work. I like either animal tour!
  • Oceanbug likes this

#52 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 05:36 PM

HOTEL UPDATE:

I just got some wifi so will update the hotel info this evening!   :thankyou:

• Oceanbug likes this

formerly...

#53 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 05:41 PM

HOUSEKEEPING:

We had two topics related to tours and extra days and sightseeing so I merged them both into this one:

TOURS & Extra Nites BEFORE & AFTER - THAILAND BUFFER DAYS  HERE

Link added.

• Oceanbug likes this

formerly...

#54 Sundancediver

Sundancediver

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:47 PM

This seems to be a do loop. I dont see anything about a hotel. I click here and it goes back to this same spot.
  • SalishSeagal likes this

#55 DiverSandra

DiverSandra

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:23 AM

I'm still wondering about the hotel also. What's the latest on this Kamala?
  • SalishSeagal and Oceanbug like this

#56 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,133 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 31 December 2017 - 08:59 AM

This seems to be a do loop. I dont see anything about a hotel. I click here and it goes back to this same spot.

There are recent posts regarding hotel ideas/info in the "Thailand: Flights, Traveling Tips & Logistics to/from the boat" topic - click the link HERE and scroll to the bottom for the latest. Hope this is what you are looking for... :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#57 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,133 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 31 December 2017 - 09:00 AM

I'm still wondering about the hotel also. What's the latest on this Kamala?

There are recent posts regarding hotel ideas/info in the "Thailand: Flights, Traveling Tips & Logistics to/from the boat" topic - click the link HERE and scroll to the bottom for the latest. Hope this is what you are looking for... :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#58 pinkmedic16

pinkmedic16

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Cert Level:master diver
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:12 PM

Hello,

I will be arriving HKT 8AM the 17th, hope to get a room near the boat the night of the 17th. Also, at the end of the trip, i depart HKT early-thirty March 2nd. So, for me, a room not too far from the airport for the 28th, 1st and 2nd. Not really interested in tours in Bangkok. There will be shopping and tours around HKT.

I am staying near the boat dock the night of the 17th at a hostel called monkey dive... I got a private room for only 15$ the place looks fun, friendly, clean, and easy-peasy to be near the boat :) I fly into phuket on the 17th early and this hostel does transportation from the airport for only about 40$ for 2 people if it maybe works out to split the ride?? If I chose the flight I think I will, I get into bangkok at 6 am ill take a flight/hopper to phuket right away and should be there around the same time as you.... even if you dont stay where I do, maybe riding together would work :) 

:) ♥ Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love deeply, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that makes you smile.

#59 pinkmedic16

pinkmedic16

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:53 AM

Hello,

have you decided where you are going to stay yet? I am torn between doing the night of the 16th in phuket and the night of the 17th near the boat in khao lak...or doing both nights in the same location.... I fly into bangkok at noon on the 16th.... I have a room in khao lak on the 17th but I can cancel..... ideas?? have you talked with anyone else yet about places to stay together???

:) ♥ Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love deeply, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that makes you smile.

#60 pinkmedic16

pinkmedic16

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:00 PM

Whenever we do an epic trip we always set up buffer days prior to the start of the trip so people can be SURE their luggage arrives and they arrive because once the boat has left....it has LEFT!!! 

So it is very wise to show up 1-2 days early to get settled in timewise as well as be sure everything arrives in time. For those arriving early we will have a group hotel that will be SAFE, COMFORTABLE & REASONABLY PRICED!!! This will help people settle in AND still have some connection to the group in the event it is needed. :respect:

We are setting the hotel up as we speak but will start the list of who needs the extra days below:

THOSE NEEDING EXTRA BUFFER DAYS:

Week One

1. Kamala aka WreckWench - ?? unsure how many

2. Sandra aka DiverSandra - Extra nights 2/7 (check out 2/8) and 2/18 (check out 2/19)

3. Butch aka Cajun Diver - Extra night 2/7 (check out 2/8) unsure about end of trip

4. Martin aka luvinGCM66 - Extra night 2/7 (check out 2/8) Departing Bangkok AM 19th - need to confirm boat returns by 10am 18th for Phuket - Bangkok flight PM 18th

5. Cindy aka Sundancediver - Extra nights 2/5 - 2/7 (check out 2/8) and 2/18 (check out 2/19)

6. Tom aka SpaceDiver - Extra nights 2/5 - 2/7 (check out 2/8) and 2/18 (check out 2/19)

7. Martee aka OceanBug - Extra nights 2/5 - 2/7 (check out 2/8), departing 20 or 21st. Looking for a hotel near Sea Dream Guest House, Patong Beach

8. Karl aka Bugspray - Extra nights 2/5 - 2/7 (check out 2/8), departing 20 or 21st. Looking for a hotel near Sea Dream Guest House, Patong Beach

Week Two

1. Kamala aka WreckWench - Stays on from Week One, depart on channel hopper to Bangkok for sightseeing leg

2. Brenda aka missbk - 2/15 - 2/17 (check out 2/18) depart on channel hopper to Bangkok for sightseeing leg

3. Roger aka RetiredToDive - 2/15 - 2/17 (check out 2/18) depart on channel hopper to Bangkok for sightseeing leg

I need buffer days...finally nailed down air.... fly into bangkok noon on 16th, will go right to phuket..need hotel the 16th and 17th.... also staying after the trip until March 7... planning on going to krabi, phi phi and prob chaing mai.... anybody wanna join me?? need an additional night in phuket for the 28th....Im working on the inbetween days... need a night in bangkok on the 6th of march if anyone else is staying that long :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users