• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

PRELIMINARY TOURS & Extra Nites BEFORE & AFTER - THAILAND BUFFER DAYS

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#16 missbk

missbk

Getting started

• Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Cert Level:master diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:55 PM

Hi, - just booked today - and am over the moon.  This is a trip of a lifetime for me.  First trip with SingleDivers.  Thanks to Mandi Turner who keeps talking this group up, I am so looking forward to it.

I am going to head into Bangkok on 2/3 - arr 2/4 - if anyone wants to meet up for a few days of sightseeing in advance, let me know and we can plan itineraries.

Flights to Bankok are booked, just need to do the intra-Thai flights which are dirt cheap.  Anyway - looking forward to a great trip. 

Can you recommend a intra-Thai flight from Bangkok to Phuket?  I am looking to book Feb 13th.  I do not want to be bagged fee to death  . .. websites are not clear for me to choose at this point.  Thanks ..  Brenda 

Hi Brenda

I booked AirAsia from DMK to HKT - not the main BKK airport.  I am staying in BKK for 3 days before the trip to do some sightseeing then heading down to HKT for the boat...   Air Asia seemed liked the best, and least expensive option based on what I found.  On the return, i booked a flight from HKT to BKK as my international flight will be the next day out of BKK.

Hope this helps.

Martin

PS - anyone interested in hanging out in BKK for a few days before the trip and doing some sightseeing?

Thanks for the info.  I booked Bangkok Air to Phuket on Feb 15th.  I am part of the group who will do Bangkok tour after our Trip #2.  Hate you can join us.  Go tour and tell us the good things not to miss.    

• SalishSeagal likes this

#17 pinkmedic16

pinkmedic16

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 01 November 2017 - 04:11 AM

I am going to be diving week 2 and will need buffer days...my plan is to fly from chicago ( most likely ) feb 15th arrive the 17th have the 17th ans 18th as my relax/buffers on the front half and then stay after we get off the 28th until march 6... plan to island hop phi phi,  khao sok ( see the monkey temple) , and maybe spend some time in chiang mai going to elephant nature park ( where they DO NOT RIDE or chain  and beat the elephants) :) and do some guided day trips to white temple, and a few other famous ones..... is there anyone else interested in joining me on the back half and is there anywhere you MUST see/do... any suggestions???? feel free to add me on fb ( laura Medic RN ) ... my dates/times/locations are flexible as i have not yet booked air. :)

• Oceanbug likes this
  :) ♥ Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love deeply, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that makes you smile.

#18 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

I spend too much time on line

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:900+

Posted 04 November 2017 - 02:10 PM

Let me know if you want to connect in Bangkok - I am going to head to Phuket on Wed for the Thursday sailing.   So I should say I will need 2/7 hotel in Phuket...  

I'm working on my air itinerary and will join you in Bangkok.  I'm working on my around the world itinerary so will firm everything up in the next couple of weeks.

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#19 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 02:11 PM

I'll definitely be a day early but not sure about after the trip yet.  It will depend on what route I use to circle the globe (at least that's my current plan :cool: )  One route I've looked at is through Dubai since it's 2 hops and do some sightseeing again and then seems like it was either through Tokyo or South Korea were options with 3 hops.

I'm going to fly back on the 18th so won't need any days after.

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

#20 missbk

missbk

Getting started

• Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:35 PM

I am going to be diving week 2 and will need buffer days...my plan is to fly from chicago ( most likely ) feb 15th arrive the 17th have the 17th ans 18th as my relax/buffers on the front half and then stay after we get off the 28th until march 6... plan to island hop phi phi,  khao sok ( see the monkey temple) , and maybe spend some time in chiang mai going to elephant nature park ( where they DO NOT RIDE or chain  and beat the elephants) :) and do some guided day trips to white temple, and a few other famous ones..... is there anyone else interested in joining me on the back half and is there anywhere you MUST see/do... any suggestions???? feel free to add me on fb ( laura Medic RN ) ... my dates/times/locations are flexible as i have not yet booked air. :)

I may be interested.  I fly out of Bangkok March 5th.  Brenda 

#21 pinkmedic16

pinkmedic16

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:24 PM

TRIP EXTRA TOURING & BUFFER DAYS UPDATE FOR WEEK #2:

Several people are NOW flying Feb 13 to arrive the 15th into HKT and then will take a hopper from HKT to BKK (Bangkok AFTER the 2nd trip to do some sightseeing there and fly from there to home.

If you want to join them the more the merrier...  so far we have MissBKScuba and RetiredToDive doing these extra days...and probably the Wench too! ;)

hey yall, I will be staying after the end of the second week trip to do some sight seeing around the country... is anybody else interested in flying to chiang mai on the 28th?? I am going to do an elephant sanctuary, a few temples, a coking class etc... anybody have and specifics of what they are going to do after feb 28th?? 

:) ♥ Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love deeply, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that makes you smile.

#22 Oceanbug

Oceanbug

Getting started

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 26 November 2017 - 11:44 AM

Buffer days, updated Final itinerary for
Thailand Trip 1 _ Feb 8 -18 trip

Martee - Oceanbug
Karl - Bugspray

Buffer / personal Travel days hotel (not booked yet) open to suggestions
2/5 - 2/8 3 Nights
2/18 - 2/23 5 nights

Edited by Oceanbug, 26 November 2017 - 01:33 PM.

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#23 Oceanbug

Oceanbug

Getting started

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 27 November 2017 - 02:10 PM

QUESTION for Thailand Trip #1  (Feb 8-18) included are the following transfers....

• Transfers between Phuket International Airport or local hotel and The Junk on the day of embarkation
  • Transfers between The Junk and Phuket International Airport or local hotel on the day of dis-embarkation

I am thinking that on the day of dis-embarkation (Feb 18th)  we (Karl and Martee) would like to take that transfer to  Phuket international airport and fly to

Chiang Mai, wondering what time would be a safe assumption to book the flight out? 

We need to be able to book it in advance to ensure we actually have a flight and hotel reserved.

Can you give me a good estimate or time that would safe to book a flight out on that day Feb 18th?

Lastly, wondering if it safe to fly that day on Feb. 18thm dive wise we would need 24hrs before flying right?

Thanks

Oceanbug (Martee)

• SalishSeagal and Oceanbug like this

#24 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:33 AM

QUESTION for Thailand Trip #1  (Feb 8-18) included are the following transfers....

• Transfers between Phuket International Airport or local hotel and The Junk on the day of embarkation
  • Transfers between The Junk and Phuket International Airport or local hotel on the day of dis-embarkation

I am thinking that on the day of dis-embarkation (Feb 18th)  we (Karl and Martee) would like to take that transfer to  Phuket international airport and fly to

Chiang Mai, wondering what time would be a safe assumption to book the flight out? 

We need to be able to book it in advance to ensure we actually have a flight and hotel reserved.

Can you give me a good estimate or time that would safe to book a flight out on that day Feb 18th?

Lastly, wondering if it safe to fly that day on Feb. 18thm dive wise we would need 24hrs before flying right?

Thanks

Oceanbug (Martee)

Hi Martha, I have tipped Kamala to both this and the other recent post here so I expect she will chime in soon. We apologize, but it typically takes a few days for her to dig out from under after returning from a trip with no internet access i.e. week long liveaboard trip. :diver:

• Oceanbug likes this
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#25 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:50 AM

Thanks

Oceanbug (Martee)

Hi Martha, I have tipped Kamala to both this and the other recent post here so I expect she will chime in soon. We apologize, but it typically takes a few days for her to dig out from under after returning from a trip with no internet access i.e. week long liveaboard trip. :diver:

Thanks Brad and Hi Martha...I am  pretty sure of the answer but want to verify before responding. I will have a confirmation shortly. Thank you and I'm looking sooooooo forward to this trip. I am working on my own reservations now as well!

• Oceanbug likes this

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#26 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:48 PM

Hi, - just booked today - and am over the moon.  This is a trip of a lifetime for me.  First trip with SingleDivers.  Thanks to Mandi Turner who keeps talking this group up, I am so looking forward to it.

I am going to head into Bangkok on 2/3 - arr 2/4 - if anyone wants to meet up for a few days of sightseeing in advance, let me know and we can plan itineraries.

Flights to Bankok are booked, just need to do the intra-Thai flights which are dirt cheap.  Anyway - looking forward to a great trip. 

Can you recommend a intra-Thai flight from Bangkok to Phuket?  I am looking to book Feb 13th.  I do not want to be bagged fee to death  . .. websites are not clear for me to choose at this point.  Thanks ..  Brenda 

Hi Brenda

I booked AirAsia from DMK to HKT - not the main BKK airport.  I am staying in BKK for 3 days before the trip to do some sightseeing then heading down to HKT for the boat...   Air Asia seemed liked the best, and least expensive option based on what I found.  On the return, i booked a flight from HKT to BKK as my international flight will be the next day out of BKK.

Hope this helps.

Martin

PS - anyone interested in hanging out in BKK for a few days before the trip and doing some sightseeing?

I'm on the week 1 trip too and will spend a few days in Bangkok - I arrive at 11:55 pm on Sunday 2/4.

#27 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:52 PM

I just uploaded my flight information - arrive in Bangkok on 2/4 (very late - 11:55pm) then from Bangkok to Phuket on 2/7.

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#28 Sundancediver

Sundancediver

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:18 AM

I will research fun activities in Phuket for day prior to boat. I looked months ago and found a humane elephant ride and animal tour. Will post info during or just after holidays. If anyone else finds fun things let us know!

#29 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 12:20 PM

I have several tours that we can do as well. Posting now...

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#30 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:49 AM

Please share anything you all have found for tours. The boat has suggested these two popular tours and they are sending me a few more we may like.

Attached File  THAILAND Excursion - Biking Tour Koh Yao Noi-2.pdf   329.51KB   8 downloads

Attached File  THAILAND Excursion - Flying Hanuman-2.pdf   549.92KB   15 downloads

• SalishSeagal likes this

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users