• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Greetings from the Great White North!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 YukonGrrl

YukonGrrl

Getting started

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI MSDT (active)
  • Logged Dives:800

Posted 25 November 2018 - 02:20 PM

Hi, everyone, thanks for the add!  I own and operate a PADI dive shop here in Whitehorse, Yukon (Canada), and I'm an active instructor (PADI MSDT) - obviously pool only during the hard-water (ice) months, then into our local lakes for open water training!  I organize dive trips to cold-water destinations like Vancouver Island, and to warm-water destinations like Indonesia and Mexico...I look forward to participating in some upcoming SingleDivers trips!

My first diving experience was in a local pool - learned to dive with Big Blue in Koh Tao when it was still little Blue (1998)...slowly added to my training and experience until I decided to go pro.  I did DM training with Avadon Divers in Belize, and instructor training with UDC in Utila, Honduras in 2013.  Love diving, and love encouraging others in their own diving!

Edited by YukonGrrl, 03 January 2019 - 04:59 PM.

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#2 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 25 November 2018 - 03:31 PM

Hello Virginia and welcome to the club (literally). ;) You boast quite an impressive resume, as it happens our membership covers a broad spectrum of certifications and experience so we are confident that you will be able to enjoy diving with a compatible and like minded buddy on our trips all over the globe! Fearless Leader Kamala aka WreckWench (currently leading a trip to St. Croix USVI for the week) puts a ton of work up front to make sure this happens; as a trip organizer yourself I am sure you appreciate what this entails. Let us wrap up details, herd those cray-cray scuba cats so YOU to relax and get the most out of your bottom time (as well as socialize with a great group of folks on those delightful evening extended surface intervals...). :cloud9:

Your enthusiasm for diving comes through clearly in your post as well, and you will find it happily received and reflected b y our members both here in the Forums as well as eventually in person. Again, welcome aboard! :diver:

• little mermaid and YukonGrrl like this
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#3 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,752 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 25 November 2018 - 05:36 PM

:hiya:  Virginia and  :welcome:  to the wonderful world of Singledivers.com!!!!!  Admire your diving experience in the frrreeeeeeesing cold waters.  Myself, I love the warm waters........  Kamala and crew put on fabulous trips to destinations all over the world.  With your experience, I am sure you will be a welcome addition.   Hope to see you on a trip soon.  I will be on the Raja Amphat trip in January/February.   Wahoo!!!

• dive_sail_etc and YukonGrrl like this

#4 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 26 November 2018 - 06:03 AM

Hi and Welcome to SingleDivers.com!!!

• YukonGrrl likes this