• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

CLOSED: 2022: Galapagos Liveaboard April 16-23 2022 Swimming iguanas, mola molas, & MORE HIKA INPUTS & TRIP BUILD OUT PLAN

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#16 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

I spend too much time on line

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:900+

Posted 16 September 2020 - 07:56 PM

Maybe is was the 2 queen beds that caused that.  I see the table has it listed as $6,095 instead of $6,895 so I'll update that.

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#17 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 17 September 2020 - 07:30 AM

Maybe is was the 2 queen beds that caused that.  I see the table has it listed as $6,095 instead of $6,895 so I'll update that.

Maybe but I've verified that there is only one class of rooms. We will need to offer a sleep together disc for the 2 cabins with queens only if they can't do 2 beds. I truly thought there was a higher level of cabin but that is not the case now.

EDITED: 9 cabins but we only have to fill 16 spots. The extra cabin is for a single room (actually 2 of them).  We can give any room we want back so to speak and so since there are 2 cabins with a queen only in them we can give 1 back if necessary and Jose & Jenny want one so I don't have to do a special sleep together special...just the EBD's.

Edited by WreckWench, 27 September 2020 - 08:00 PM.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#18 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 08:14 AM

Added new category to trip build out page and updated the list.....

TRIP DETAILS INPUTS:

https://www.explorer...-explorer-faqs/

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#19 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 01:09 PM

FINAL INVENTORY & PRICING CLARIFICATION

We have 9 rooms on the boat but we only have to fill 8 of them for 16 people. IF we want to offer 2 single room upgrades we can do so and get 7 rooms at 2 people = 14 people and 2 single rooms.

Since we RARELY sell single rooms we will ONLY Offer the d/o price as the s/o is price + 80% upcharge. (Way to expensive)

AND the best part for us is that we can give back ANY room we do not want including one of the (2) queen only rooms. So since we have 1 couple ALREADY signed up for a queen on the early booking list... Jose and Jenny...I will NOT offer the other queen only room UNLESS we get another couple to sign up.

This means I do not have to offer a sleep together discount and I'm happy about that.

So final pricing will be d/o ONLY and no sleep together pricing option needed. Final price will be prior to discounts:

There are 16 spots d/o total all are $6895

formerly...

#20 Blue151

Blue151

Everyone knows me

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 27 September 2020 - 03:10 PM

We have 9 rooms on the boat but we only have to fill 8 of them for 16 people. IF we want to offer 2 single room upgrades we can do so and get 7 rooms at 2 people = 14 people and 2 single rooms.

Since we RARELY sell single rooms we will ONLY Offer the d/o price as the s/o is price + 80% upcharge. (Way to expensive)

AND the best part for us is that we can give back ANY room we do not want including one of the (2) queen only rooms. So since we have 1 couple ALREADY signed up for a queen on the early booking list... Jose and Jenny...I will NOT offer the other queen only room UNLESS we get another couple to sign up.

This means I do not have to offer a sleep together discount and I'm happy about that.

So final pricing will be d/o ONLY and no sleep together pricing option needed. Final price will be prior to discounts:

Fixed to reflect 16 D/O spots only.

The booking link is: https://www.singledi...ome/uio-1-2022/

• WreckWench and Cajun Diver like this

#21 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 08:01 PM

Fixed to reflect 16 D/O spots only.

The booking link is: https://www.singledi...ome/uio-1-2022/

:thankyou:

formerly...

#22 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 08:56 AM

1. Thanks Butch for helping to get the trip topics completed so we can open this trip up.
  2. Please confirm that HIKA Is now completed?
  3. Brad do we have the photo gallery set up for this trip?
  4. Anything missing?

formerly...

#23 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,147 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 04 November 2020 - 01:18 PM

1. Thanks Butch for helping to get the trip topics completed so we can open this trip up.
  4. Anything missing?

Gallery album and trip forum have been set up for weeks.

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#24 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 04:25 PM

4. Anything missing?

#1 is completed except for the coupons which need to be defined and created.  I'll work on 2 - 4 on Thursday.

#2 HIKA appears completed except for the coupons mentioned above.

• WreckWench likes this

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

#25 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 05:35 PM

4. Anything missing?

#1 is completed except for the coupons which need to be defined and created.  I'll work on 2 - 4 on Thursday.

#2 HIKA appears completed except for the coupons mentioned above.

Thank you Butch. I'll shift focus to this asap to review the trip topic details and getting coupons set up.

NOTE: Needing help on how to structure coupons so that people will want to sign up.

formerly...

#26 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 08:27 AM

NOTE: Needing help on how to structure coupons so that people will want to sign up.

Here is what I recommend - it's similar to what was initially there but adds a $150.  I also removed the "D/O DELUXE ONLY"  and "ANY PKG" since all the cabins are the same and currently there are no S/O options in the booking system.

COUPON DATES:

• Pay in full at time of Booking by Mar 1, 2021: for $150 OFF (Use COUPON CODE: 22UIO150EBD-1)
  • Pay in full at time of Booking by March 30, 2021: for $100 OFF  (Use COUPON CODE: 22UIO100EBD-1)
  • Deposit at time of Booking by Apr 30, 2021: $100 OFF ANY DEPOSIT  (use COUPON CODE: 22UIO100DEPEB-1)
  • Pay in full at time of Booking by Sep 30, 2021: for $50 OFF  (use COUPON CODE: 22UIO50EBD-1)
  • Pay in full at time of Booking by Sep 30, 2021: for $20 OFF  & (2) Chances to WIN a Free Autographed Scuba CD, or Big Blue Dive Light/Products (Prizes non-transferable) (use COUPON CODE: 22UIO25EBD-1
  • Deposit by Oct 30: Get (1) chance to win FREE Stream2Sea Travel Essentials bag worth $25
  • Deposit by Dec 15: Get (1) chance to win FREE Scuba Cowboy CD signed by the artist!
  • Social Media Discounts: 1 chance to win a $50 gift certificate for purchases from anyone of our Corporate Sponsors for signing up on our Facebook Trip Event for this trip AND for liking SD.com if you haven't already AND for sharing the FB Trip booking on your page! (Must do all three!) - To enter send an email to trips@singledivers.com with links to your postings along with GALAPAGOS  SOCIAL MEDIA ENTRIES in the title

#27 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 09:08 AM

Payment options:

Start in March and have payments until February of 2022.

So something like this to spread it out:

Deposit: 1500* (* certain COVID and extenuating circumstances may apply)

March 20, 2021: $900

June, 20, 2021: $900

September 20, 2021: $900

November 20, 2021: $900

January 20, 2022: $900

February 20, 2022: $999

Edited by Cajun Diver, 08 February 2021 - 03:31 PM.

#28 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 10:48 AM

Initial build of 0, 2, 3 and 4 topics completed in the WIP area.

#29 Blue151

Blue151

Everyone knows me

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 12 November 2020 - 12:52 PM

Payment options:

Start in March and have payments until February of 2022.

So something like this to spread it out:

Deposit: 1500* (* certain COVID and extenuating circumstances may apply)

March 20, 2021: $900

June, 20, 2021: $900

September 20, 2021: $900

November 20, 2021: $900

January 20, 2022: $900

February 20, 2022: $895

Just a couple quick thoughts:

1.  I get the idea of spreading the payments out for SD members, but I also think that when you buy a trip $6,000 trips, most people (at least I have to) budget for the trip anyway.  Spreading them out normally seems to put strain on SD to cover the cost/impacts cash flow for you Kamala.  Are you just trying to get some payments sooner instead of stacking them up at the end like we normally do?  If so this makes more sense, but then maybe have that final payment due also 120 days out instead of 90?

2.  If you want the last payment to be 90 days before the trip start, I recommend Jan 20,2022 instead of Feb since the 90 day out is 1/16/2022.

4.  Also, just a random question on payments, have your vendors changed their payment schedules due to COVID impacts?

#30 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 08:47 AM

Just a couple quick thoughts:

1.  I get the idea of spreading the payments out for SD members, but I also think that when you buy a trip $6,000 trips, most people (at least I have to) budget for the trip anyway.  Spreading them out normally seems to put strain on SD to cover the cost/impacts cash flow for you Kamala.  Are you just trying to get some payments sooner instead of stacking them up at the end like we normally do?  If so this makes more sense, but then maybe have that final payment due also 120 days out instead of 90?

2.  If you want the last payment to be 90 days before the trip start, I recommend Jan 20,2022 instead of Feb since the 90 day out is 1/16/2022.

4.  Also, just a random question on payments, have your vendors changed their payment schedules due to COVID impacts?

On #1 and #2 when I talked to Kamala about it she wanted to spread it out so folks could have more time to pay.  That was also the reason for the last payment in February instead of January too.

• Blue151 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users