• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

#3 RAJA AMPAT RESCHEDULED April 16-26, 2023 Meridian Adventures: QUESTIONS QUESTIONS QUESTIONS... Ask Away Inside this Topic!

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#76 TCHelper

TCHelper

Getting started

• SD Trip Coordinator
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.
  • Board Status:N/A
  • Cert Level:N/A
  • Logged Dives:N/A

Posted 21 March 2023 - 02:29 PM

Moved from the Trip PM roll call thread in case this question wasn't seen by the trip admins...

Hello
2 questions/thoughts:
1. I am entering thru Bali.  I know I will go through Customs and Immigration upon entry.  Do we go through Customs and Immigration on our way to Raja Ampat?  I need to know as I am bringing some medications in original containers to enter Bali. If I can take them out of boxes after arrival then I will gain space. 
2. Will our hotel in Bali have a refrigerator?  The hotel in Raja?  I need to store some medication in a refrigerator due to the local temperatures and amount of time we are gone.
Thank you for your response.
Lori

Edited by TCHelper, 21 March 2023 - 02:30 PM.

• Rachel likes this

#77 soonerdiver

soonerdiver

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Cert Level:DiveMaster
  • Logged Dives:Several hundred, thousands un-logged.

Posted 22 March 2023 - 08:26 AM

I have been looking at information on Bali and found this Web site www.baliholidaysecrets.com

It seems to have pretty good information on getting around and money exchange. It also has some nice tours but I have never used them so don't know how reputable they are.

Does anyone have any information on tipping at Meridian Adventures? What I have read as far as Bali suggest not to tip as much as we do here in the states and that some restaurants gratuity is included on the bill. Just trying to figure out how much cash to bring.

Is there any information on what group hotels we are looking at in Bali?

• Rachel likes this

#78 WindyMike

WindyMike

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 28 March 2023 - 12:48 PM

Hello all, I would like to know of others that are spending some time in Bali.   I just lost my dive/traveling buddy to health issues.  All is fine, but her doctor advised her not to travel too far from good medical care.  And definitely NO diving.  After 3 years of planning this trip it is truly upsetting, but I been looking forward to this for so long and I'm sure it will be fantastic.

Is anyone staying (or wanting to stay) in the Ubud area?   Right now I have reservation at hotel Sthala, (a Marriott Tribute Portfolio), Ubud Bali.  It's between the Airport and Ubud (about 20 mins south, as I can figure).  It's a beautiful wooded setting on a river.  The price was reasonable, and I would even consider sharing the room (2 beds, since it was for friends), but even as a single it is not expensive.

We also have a tour set up for 4/13 with Viator (a very respected co.)   https://www.viator.c...a0.VT_EMAIL_TRV

I am still waiting to see what Kamala has planned for the group as I can cancel both these plans up to 24 hrs before.  But I really don't want to stay near the airport (at least I don't think so). 

So anyone with ideas and plans... I would be very interested in hear about them.

Thanks

Gayle

#79 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 28 March 2023 - 09:11 PM

Hello to all... staying near the airport is not as idealic as staying near ubud  etc. However distance from the airport can be deceiving and take extremely long to make the commute...even a super short one if there is a lot of traffic or an event going on in the city.

My plan was to book a hotel near the airport for those arriving for a day or so as it would take too long to arrive at 11:30 pm and then transit to the hotel possible 45-1 hr away depending on traffic and then sleep a few hours and do the commute back to the airport on the 15th.

Some of you are arriving several days in advance which the airport option is then perhaps less ideal BUT please keep in mind that this is a safety decision first... finding a hotel that will accommodate all the members even if they can only arrive 1 day early ... or they can arrive 5 days early... vs having people spread out all over the city.  Bali is massive and relatively safe...BUT much safer if we use common sense and stay together.

If several people wanted to 'do their own thing' I would be more accommodating of that because at least there would be 2 of you. Anything close to the airport will be mega convenient ...but depending on your arrival time... this is not a bad thing.

I'm verifying the number of rooms we need vs what I have options on and I've noticed some price reductions on a couple of properties so will have a final property ready tomorrow.  One property will require roommates unless you wish to pay approx $130 per night per room which is not bad but another property is on sale and everyone could have a private room for less than half that price.

If you prefer a private room in the $60 or less range please email trips@singledivers.com and let us know. If you prefer a nicer property that would have 2 beds for $130-$140 per night...let us know that as well.  The price is the same... just more privacy and a bit quieter but still close enough to the airport to facilitate transfer etc.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#80 Ksue44

Ksue44

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 28 March 2023 - 10:46 PM

Gayle,

I arrive in Bali on April 9th. Im looking at a couple of activities:

Karen Smith Bali Activities

A couple of options:
Uluwatu Temple Address: Pecatu, South Kuta, Badung Regency (southern coast of Bali)

Rice Terraces
Jatiluwih Rice Terrace (UNESCO site) Address: Village, Jl. Jatiluwih Kawan No.Desa 82152 Gunungsari Bali

Ulun Danu Beratan Temple Address: located in the village of Bedugul (central Bali)

Mason Elephant Park Taro Address: Ubud . NOTE: there are 2 tours to choose from) website to book tour: www.balibathingelephant.com
Bathing Elephant + & Volcano Kintamani Tour (this includes: a stop at Bali spices Garden; a stop at Holly Spring Temple of Sebatu Temple and stop at Tegalalang rice terraces; April 10th or 11th; or 12th or 13th; or 14th

Elephant Bathing + Tanah Lot Tour (this includes: Taman Ayun Royal Family Temple; Alas Kedaton Sanctuary Monkey Forest; and Tanah Lot Sea Temple) April 27th?

Lempuyang Temple with Blue Lagoon Snorkeling (private tour) with Viator.

Theres also a snorkel excursion with the Manta Rays and I believe its offered through Trip Advisor as well as Viator.

Im planning on staying at the group hotel for the entire duration (before Raja & after).

A lot of these activities do offer pickup and drop off at the hotel as part of the excursion price.

#81 Ksue44

Ksue44

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 29 March 2023 - 01:36 PM

All,

Kamala and I will be doing the elephant excursion on April 12th. We would like for others to join us. We havent decided which one of the excursions (included in the package) to go on.

Mason Elephant Park Taro Address: Ubud .

NOTE: there are 2 tours to choose from) website to book tour: www.balibathingelephant.com

Bathing Elephant + & Volcano Kintamani Tour (this includes: a stop at Bali spices Garden; a stop at Holly Spring Temple of Sebatu Temple and stop at Tegalalang rice terraces.

Elephant Bathing + Tanah Lot Tour (this includes: Taman Ayun Royal Family Temple; Alas Kedaton Sanctuary Monkey Forest; and Tanah Lot Sea Temple).

#82 gobie

gobie

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Cert Level:open water
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 29 March 2023 - 06:36 PM

I’m arriving on the 13Th and want to stay at the group hotel.
I don’t see any info on excursions anyone is doing on the 13th and 14th.
Kamala can you point me in the right direction, I would like to tag along
On the excursions that have beeen already planned. I prefer to not start
Planning a seperate excursion .

#83 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 29 March 2023 - 07:58 PM

Right now Karen, Gayle and Erica have all researched and suggested tour options. Due to ongoing issues with my mom... I am accepting their gracious offers to help organize this for us. By accepting this help, it is more likely I can actually still make the trip, so I am completely indebted to their support and offers to help.  So read thru things suggested by Karen aka ksue44 HERE or Gayle aka Windy Mike HERE or Erica (see below).. and then we will turn them into the group tours...or anything else someone suggests.

Karen talked me into the elephant ride so that will be the only day I do any touring as I know I'll need to be doing some prep work for the trip...greeting members as they arrive and of course dealing with other matters that are integral to the running of the club.

The group hotel will be finalized tomorrow after I confirm distance from the airport... the typical rule of thumb is that 4mi to 4.5 mi is 30 mins from the airport. Once I reconfirm the distances then I will post options for single and double rooms. I've round a few really nice places with enough rooms for nearly everyone to have a private at a very affordable rate if they wanted it. YAY!

INFO FROM ERICA...for anyone arriving with only a day or so...we'll hire her friend to show you around or someone from the hotel to maximize the short time between landing and traveling again...:

It looks many are arriving between 8th & 14th with 3 days to 7 days to play in Bali before we go diving. As I've said before I have a good friend in Bali who is a driver and tour guide with very reasonable rates (approx $50 for airport pickup, $50-100 for 1/2 day to 1 day tour and transport to just about anywhere on the island) his WhatsApp number is 62 878-6024-6546. Also you can rent a scooter for $4-8 a day and if you have gps can go anywhere on your own, its totally safe once you get out of Denpasar. Obviously I haven't been to Bali in 3 year because of Covid and Indonesia not letting us come but in the past there has always been lots of drivers meeting every flight and offering rides to anywhere, they don't really have taxis like we think of them but there is some agreements about certain divers having monopoly in certain areas, book a room or airbnb in Ubud, get a ride there and then there are lots of ways to get 1/2 day and 1 day tours, just look at airbnb experiences. Can't wait to be there and dive with you all. Erica

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#84 WindyMike

WindyMike

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 29 March 2023 - 09:07 PM

Hello,  look like some great options out there.  It will be fun doing some touring together.  But briefly I wanted give my thoughts on the Hotel location.  The reason I wanted to find something further out of the city is that...

1)  I want to experience the lush countryside, and the peace and tranquility that I imagine Bali to be.

2)  I wanted to be close to the places I would like to see.  Having only a few full days to see Bali, I didn't want to be spending a lot of time on the road.  So I focused on Ubud since there is so much in that vicinity.  I only need to go to the airport (and be in that awful traffic one day,) the day I am leaving.  So I will give myself LOTS of time and maybe check out Denpaser on the 15th if I'm early.

All the other sights I've seen suggested are north of Ubud, so why do all that extra driving every day?   I choose an area between the Airport and Ubud (about 2/3rds the way to Ubud.) to look for hotels.  I could look for others if you want me to.

Just a thought.

Gayle

PS  I get in on the evening of the 11th, so I would like to relax and maybe see one site the first day (12th)  perhaps Bali Bird Park.  I plan to do more extensive touring on the 13th and 14th, places TBD.  Willl look at Karen's suggestions when I get a chance.  Or maybe just spend a day in Ubud.  ???  So many choices.

#85 Ksue44

Ksue44

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 29 March 2023 - 10:29 PM

A couple of excursions per Trip Advisor for the Ubud area:

Best of Ubud - All Inclusive
Ubud Swing Experience
Balinese House Compound Visit
Entry/Admission - Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary
Entry/Admission - Tegalalang Rice Terrace
Entry/Admission - Ubud
Entry/Admission - Tirta Empul Temple
Entry/Admission - Tegenungan Waterfall

ATV Quad Bike Through Tunnel and Waterfall in Bali

Best of Ubud: Monkey Forest, Temple, Waterfall, Rice Terrace & Art Villages
Entry/Admission - Celuk Village
Entry/Admission - Puseh Batuan Temple
Entry/Admission - Tegenungan Waterfall
Entry/Admission - Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary

Quad Bike Ride with Snorkeling at Blue Lagoon Beach All-inclusive

Bali Instagram Tour: The Most Famous Spots (Private & All-Inclusive)
Lempuyang Temple Entrance Fee
Jungle Swing Tickets & Giant Birds Nest Tickets
Coffee Plantation & Coffee Tasting
Tukad Cepung Waterfall Entrance Fee
Tirta Gangga Entrance Fee
Entry/Admission - Lempuyang Temple
Entry/Admission - Tirta Gangga
Entry/Admission - Tukad Cepung Waterfall
Entry/Admission - Uma Pakel Agro Tourism

Nusa Penida Snorkeling Adventure (Private & All-Inclusive)
Entry/Admission - Sanur Beach
Entry/Admission - Wall Bay Point
Entry/Admission - Gamat Bay
Entry/Admission - Nusa Penida
Entry/Admission - Kelingking Beach
Entry/Admission - Crystal Bay
Enjoy snorkeling with giant Manta Rays at Manta Bay, see big fish at GT Bay and colorful fish at Gamat and Wall Bay.

The best way to look at excursions on Trip Advisor is to filter by product groups: air/helicopter/balloon tours; cruises/sailing/water tours; cultural & theme tours; and day trips & excursions.

When you select an excursion, most of the time under the question & answers area will be a map that shows the area(s) of that excursion.

I have not booked any excursions yet as my game plan is to stay at the group hotel for the duration and will get more definitive on the tours besides the elephant activity with Kamala, once I know the hotel.

I am highly interested in the Nusa Penida snorkeling excursion for sure.

#86 Rachel

Rachel

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:162+

Posted 30 March 2023 - 11:52 AM

Yup, I'm in the same boat. I arrive on April 12 at 11:40am and I'm guessing I will be too wiped out that day to do anything other than check in at the group hotel and start meeting people who have arrived.

I'd love to do something fun April 13 or 14. Elephants or snorkeling look the most interesting to me.

https://www.viator.c...d5467-117975P17

https://balibathinge...ants-bali-ubud/

Edited by Rachel, 30 March 2023 - 12:03 PM.

#87 Ksue44

Ksue44

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 02:06 PM

I have not booked any excursions for the 11th, 13th and 14th as I am waiting on the Group Hotel Information so when I book the excursions, they know which hotel to pick me up and drop me off.

I am for sure doing the elephant excursion with Kamala on the 12th.

The other activities I am interested in and will book, just dont know the day because of the hotel issue:

Nusa Penida Snorkeling Adventure (Private & All-Inclusive)

The 2 below, I am very interested in:

Bali Instagram Tour: The Most Famous Spots (Private & All-Inclusive)

Best of Ubud - All Inclusive

#88 Ksue44

Ksue44

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 07:41 PM

Elephant Bath Bali + Volcano Kintamani Tour

BB-01: Elephant Bath Bali + Volcano Kintamani Tour time estimation:

07.00 Depart from your hotel with our private Car,
09.00 Arriving at Mason Elephant Park & Lodge & Registration process
09.30 Elephant washing (scrubbing about 15 minutes) and elephant bathing (around 15 minutes bareback riding 1 participant + 1 mahout into the elephants pool)
10.00 Wash up and changes your cloths.
10.30 Feeding elephants + Photo with Elephant and Elephant Safari Ride (30 minutes ride)
11.30 lunch food only ( not includes drink)
12.00 Park Tours and Visiting Museum and Elephant Discovery Information Centre.
12.30 Depart from Mason Elephant Park & Lodge.
13.30 Visit Kintamani villages; Stop at nice spot to take photo of the Gorgeous view of BATUR VOLCANO overlooks Its Tranquil Crater Lake. The temperature is cooler and breezing.
14.30 Visit Bali spices Garden where we taste the local coffee or Animal Luwak Coffee
15.30 Visit Holly Spring Temple of Sebatu Temple with Holly fish around the ponds.
16.45 Visit Tegalalang rice terraces with beautiful terraces
17.30 Transfer back to hotel.

Elephant Bath Bali + Volcano Kintamani tour inclusion:

Private Air-conditioned car/van.
English speaking driver.
All entrance ticket at scheduled stop.
Ticket for enter MASON Taro Elephant park.
Washing 15 minutes + bathing 15 minutes + Feed + take photo with own camera with elephant.
Riding elephant for about 30 minutes.
Lunch at mason Elephant park ( Food Only)
Parking fee.
Free Sarong if the tour with Temple visit.
Insurance covered during bathing elephant program
Excludes: Drinks, souvenir, gratuities for driver and other personal expenses.

What to Bring?

Swim wear or short, Extra dry cloth, Modest cloth, Sport shoes or sandals, Hat, sun lotion, insect repellent / mosquito spray, Camera, cash or credit card for souvenir or photo print from Bali bathing elephant activities.

Free Pick up for area: Kuta, Legian, Canggu, Seminyak, Jimbaran, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Denpasar and Ubud.
Pick up at other location can be arranged with an additional charge, Fee will inform when you making a reservation.
TERM & CONDITIONS:

A minimum 2 Adult (two) participants is required to join the tour.
For single traveler additional 50% charge.
Reasonable and fair price, that means NO HIDDEN FEES.
Payment either in USD, Rupiah, or other currencies based on the latest exchange rates.
Payment by Online Credit Card required 3% additional charge.
Private tour, means there is no other participant, just only you and your companion in our car.
Get special discount for group booking.
Advance payment required with Online credit card (3D secure)

BB-01: Elephant Bath Bali + Volcano Kintamani Tour Price

👇

Adult: IDR 1,995,000/person
Child (8-12 yo): IDR 1,695,000/person

This translates into $135 USD.

Currently, there are 3 of us going: Kamala, Karen and Bruce. We are looking into a group discount if more people want to join us.

We are going on Friday, April 14th

Edited by Ksue44, 30 March 2023 - 07:53 PM.

• Ksue44 likes this

#89 Ksue44

Ksue44

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 07:43 PM

If you are interested on the elephant activity, please let us know ASAP!

Thanks👍👍🙏

Edited by Ksue44, 30 March 2023 - 07:55 PM.

• Ksue44 likes this

#90 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 08:59 PM

Hello,  look like some great options out there.  It will be fun doing some touring together.  But briefly I wanted give my thoughts on the Hotel location.  The reason I wanted to find something further out of the city is that...

1)  I want to experience the lush countryside, and the peace and tranquility that I imagine Bali to be.

2)  I wanted to be close to the places I would like to see.  Having only a few full days to see Bali, I didn't want to be spending a lot of time on the road.  So I focused on Ubud since there is so much in that vicinity.  I only need to go to the airport (and be in that awful traffic one day,) the day I am leaving.  So I will give myself LOTS of time and maybe check out Denpaser on the 15th if I'm early.

All the other sights I've seen suggested are north of Ubud, so why do all that extra driving every day?   I choose an area between the Airport and Ubud (about 2/3rds the way to Ubud.) to look for hotels.  I could look for others if you want me to.

Just a thought.

Gayle

PS  I get in on the evening of the 11th, so I would like to relax and maybe see one site the first day (12th)  perhaps Bali Bird Park.  I plan to do more extensive touring on the 13th and 14th, places TBD.  Willl look at Karen's suggestions when I get a chance.  Or maybe just spend a day in Ubud.  ???  So many choices.

Yep... perfect assessment. I have booked the others at the group hotel in Bali near the airport but quiet and easy to navigate from. Do you want one night at the group hotel at the end or will you just plan to meet us at the airport?  Thank you.

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users