• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

When Singles Mingle...

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#31 TheSassyRabbit

TheSassyRabbit

I spend too much time on line

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster/Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:>750

Posted 19 January 2005 - 11:11 AM

More to the point WW.... is this the situation YOU have found yourself in? :-D You've gotten a great singles site going, yet you hooked up with someone on the last trip? Well.... ???

#32 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 19 January 2005 - 03:02 PM

I'm going to chime in and agree with Walter, but just because I'm a sheep and want to follow the rest of you all. KIDDING!

OK, how about we all play a round of "Let's Guess Karl's Occupation!" I'm going to go with Engineer. I was thinking something in Organizational Development, but the quantification just was too overwhelming.
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#33 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 19 January 2005 - 06:02 PM

I'm going to chime in and agree with Walter, but just because I'm a sheep and want to follow the rest of you all. KIDDING!

OK, how about we all play a round of "Let's Guess Karl's Occupation!" I'm going to go with Engineer. I was thinking something in Organizational Development, but the quantification just was too overwhelming.

Programmer? Network Admin? Math teacher? Gotta be something like that... :cool1:
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#34 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,692 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 19 January 2005 - 07:47 PM

More to the point WW.... is this the situation YOU have found yourself in?    :teeth:   You've gotten a great singles site going, yet you hooked up with someone on the last trip?   Well.... ???

No my dear....I did not hook up. The odds were better then usual on this trip...not sure I could have just picked 'one'! :lmao:

However it was fun watching those who did. :teeth: However we did have some fun that went along the following lines this past week in Cozy. They were as follows:

1. Single Supplements are a thing of the past with SD.com...however hook ups will cost extra! :teeth: (At least a round for those who didn't!!!!)

2. If you do decide to hook up...whether for a trip...after the trip...or even permanently....pls negotiate up front that if it doesn't work out that you both will remain friends and continue to dive together with SD...otherwise negotiate upfront who gets to 'keep SD.com'. :teeth:

3. And if you do hook up...then just be kind to the rest of us who didn't! :P

As you can see...the temptation was just too much to pass up! :teeth:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#35 randy54

randy54

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 27 January 2005 - 08:32 AM

WW said

1. Single Supplements are a thing of the past with SD.com...however hook ups will cost extra! 

How about a Couples supplement. You bring your own buddy or non-diver, you pay extra for a change. :D
You may not be able to smell the roses underwater, but you can sea horses.

#36 Sophia

Sophia

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced and Rebreather
  • Logged Dives:100?

Posted 27 January 2005 - 09:23 AM

WW said

1. Single Supplements are a thing of the past with SD.com...however hook ups will cost extra! 

How about a Couples supplement. You bring your own buddy or non-diver, you pay extra for a change. :D

That's mean, just mean. :D

(Where is the sticking out your tongue face)

#37 randy54

randy54

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 27 January 2005 - 09:31 AM

WW said

That's mean, just mean. :D

(Where is the sticking out your tongue face)

Hey, what about the old saying "Turnabout is fair play"? or in this case, fair pay
You may not be able to smell the roses underwater, but you can sea horses.

#38 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,692 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 09:36 AM

Gosh I wish...I think couples should have to pay more...afterall they have ALL THE FUN!!! But alas....it doesn't work that way! :D

Besides...I really want people to feel good about bringing a non-diving friend...or another diving buddy...in fact ChinaCat told a buddy of his about our Saba trip and the buddy is now going. And they will probably be roommates...so it would not be good for us to charge them extra!

Actually this thread has been a really good exchange of ideas....and as Walter has said...the likelihood of having a trip of all couples...or even half couples is statistically very low...however we will certainly monitor trips to make sure that it doesn't happen either. And by the time it does happen (if it does...we'll just run some ultra romantic trips for those wishing to go on them and let them all well uh...be as romantic as they want!!!) :D

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#39 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 27 January 2005 - 12:00 PM

Hmmmm..... does Hedo have a dive program? :D
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#40 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 27 January 2005 - 01:24 PM

Let's just dive!!! If someone is lucky enough to "hookup”, great, congratulations! If not, you've hopefully you have some more kick ass dives under your belt. That will never leave you. :lmao:

Walter's points were all good, but I like this one best. If I'm going on a dive trip, I'm going diving, and l'm not going to let romance (or lack thereof) get in the way. As long as the others are fun and friendly, that's all I need. I've been on trips stuck on a boat with mostly jerks and it was not fun at all.

Which brings me to another question: Has there been anybody on SD that have met on an SD trip or through SD and later got married?
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#41 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,692 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 01:49 PM

Which brings me to another question: Has there been anybody on SD that have met on an SD trip or through SD and later got married?

Well since we are only 10 months old...I can say we've had some romances begin to blossom...maybe not as many as other sites but then we aren't a dating site.

We do have one cupid connection that occured on the Flagship SD trip to Cozy last year that started SD...and its still going strong! In fact one of them is moving to be with the other! :lmao:

formerly...

#42 BradfordNC

BradfordNC

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Cert Level:certifi-what?
  • Logged Dives:2 and 1/2

Posted 27 January 2005 - 08:14 PM

Do you co-mingle newly formed couples with other singles or run special 'couples' trips?

thats what CouplesDivers.com and NewlyFormedCouplesDivers.com is for
OK, lets make a deal. If you stop telling me how to dive, I'll stop going down to the bus station at 2am to slap d***s out of your mouth.

#43 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,692 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 08:21 PM

Do you co-mingle newly formed couples with other singles or run special 'couples' trips?

My dearest Bradford....how do you always manage to read my mind???? :lmao:

formerly...

#44 BradfordNC

BradfordNC

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Cert Level:certifi-what?
  • Logged Dives:2 and 1/2

Posted 27 January 2005 - 08:27 PM

My dearest Bradford....how do you always manage to read my mind???? :lmao:

we are in tune. feel the power of the dark side run through you Cannonball.

oh, and i agree with Scuba Hawk. i always hated goin on dive trips and the boat was full of couples who i was forced to dive with.

and Walter has valid points as well.
OK, lets make a deal. If you stop telling me how to dive, I'll stop going down to the bus station at 2am to slap d***s out of your mouth.

#45 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 27 January 2005 - 10:06 PM

Well since we are only 10 months old...I can say we've had some romances begin to blossom...maybe not as many as other sites but then we aren't a dating site.

Hey Kamala, give it time, sooner or later, there will be a marriage as a result of meeting through SD.com. :cool1: I would not be surprised if we have an engagement by the end of the year (not that I know anything you don't!).

BTW, you might want to register "CouplesDivers.com" and "NewlyFormedCouplesDivers.com" just in case. You just never know ... :)
-Mitch-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users