• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

#3 DOMINICA May 28-Jun 4, 2022 and/or Jun 4-11, 2022: QUESTIONS QUESTIONS QUESTIONS... Ask Away Inside this Topic!

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#46 Mermaid Michele

Mermaid Michele

Getting started

• Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, RESCUE and DEEP
  • Logged Dives:120

Posted 21 May 2022 - 02:58 PM

Ok. Ill plan accordingly. Thanks for the quick response

#47 SunnyDiver

SunnyDiver

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Cert Level:open water
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 21 May 2022 - 04:36 PM

Count me in as #4 for the extreme Dominica on June 3. If I need to reserve ahead, let me know. Sounds like we can book once we arrive.

#48 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 21 May 2022 - 09:52 PM

Count me in as #4 for the extreme Dominica on June 3. If I need to reserve ahead, let me know. Sounds like we can book once we arrive.

This tour is booked online I think. Scott will let you know!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#49 Starshark12003

Starshark12003

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 22 May 2022 - 07:39 AM

Canyoneering Trip June 3rd Info:  I have emailed and asked if we could add one or two people to the trip after we all arrive on island; and I am waiting to hear back from them. But it is best to go ahead and sign up in advance if possible. Please book direct at www.extremedominica.com. Just "Join a Trip" when booking and select June 3rd as the date. In the notes section mention that you are part of the Single Divers Group at Ft Young Hotel. Cost is $129 per person and gets paid directly through their website (PayPal).They'll pick us up at 0830 Friday morning and should have us back by 1pm on Friday. Dominica is called the Nature Island of the Caribbean, and I think this will be a fun and active way to experience the land portion after an amazing week of exploring the underwater portions. 

Breathe deeply but slowly and the world unfolds before you.

#50 Starshark12003

Starshark12003

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 22 May 2022 - 07:52 AM

Miami Airport Meet Up on 28th? Teresa T and I will be arriving in the Miami airport about 8am on Saturday the 28th. We are on the American Airlines flight to Dominica that departs at 10:11am. If anyone from the group is on the same flight; you'll find us somewhere near the gate. I'll be wearing a purple and white Single Divers  shirt and I am tall & bald and hard to miss. As alcohol can be expensive on island, you might want to drop by Duty Free and grab your favorite libation for the H20 Social Hour that occurs most afternoons after diving. 

#51 MTKayaker

MTKayaker

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:140 - 160

Posted 22 May 2022 - 09:20 AM

Sorry Kamala

I do not have the "new forms" message in my PM from may 19th, if I do I can't find it. therefore can't get the doc you need from me. So I can't get to the Fort Young form what ever that is. Can't you send out the PDF to us in an email? this PM forums communication thing leaves a lot to be desired, very cumbersome to follow communicate get stuff from you and to you. As a Systems Engineer and great believer in the Jeff Bezos # 1 over riding motto\creed philosophy. There is way to much friction to get the simplest things done. and these are the things you say are very important. I did however (after spending Time i.e. friction) find a PADI liability release form for fort young dive.

I did this by going to the trip "Forms" and saw a link just hanging on the page that indicated it was a link to a resort liability form, I down loaded it and will send you that one.

#52 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 22 May 2022 - 10:22 AM

Sorry Kamala

I do not have the "new forms" message in my PM from may 19th, if I do I can't find it. therefore can't get the doc you need from me. So I can't get to the Fort Young form what ever that is. Can't you send out the PDF to us in an email? this PM forums communication thing leaves a lot to be desired, very cumbersome to follow communicate get stuff from you and to you. As a Systems Engineer and great believer in the Jeff Bezos # 1 over riding motto\creed philosophy. There is way to much friction to get the simplest things done. and these are the things you say are very important. I did however (after spending Time i.e. friction) find a PADI liability release form for fort young dive.

I did this by going to the trip "Forms" and saw a link just hanging on the page that indicated it was a link to a resort liability form, I down loaded it and will send you that one.

Please follow these directions to get this form. (And any others we may post for the hotel or menus etc.)

HOW TO ACCESS THE FORM:

Gang you log into the SD site and enter the PM's (see step by step below). Then you click on the NAME of the PM which is Dominica 2022 etc.  Then you go to the end of the messages and SCROLL UP from the bottom or down from the top until you find May 19. I've copied what you are looking for below: 

WARNING...the link below MAY NOT WORK AS ITS A COPY FROM THE 19th. IF IT DOES NOT WORK PLEASE GO TO THE POST MADE ON THE 19TH AND DOWNLOAD IT FROM THERE. 18 of you have done it so far. Thank you!

Sent 19 May 2022 - 08:47 PM

NEW FORM UPLOAD:

Not sure what the issue is but I'm uploading it again to see if the upload was the issue. Let us know. Thank you!

pdf.gif  FY version Dive Waiver -2020 updated-1-2.pdf   688.06KB   18 downloads

HOW TO ACCESS THE TRIP PM (OR ANY PM FOR THAT MATTER)

1. SingleDivers.com
  2. Forums
  3. Take me to Surface Interval Forums
  4. LOG IN in the upper right corner
  5. Click on the envelope or letter icon on the same line as your screen name.
  6. Then click on the PM FOR THIS TRIP
  7. Scroll down from the top or up from the last page to the 19th.
  8. Read the other posts you may have missed. :thankyou:

NEED MORE HELP

Email kamala@singledivers.com Please do not post in the PM itself as it generates a courtesy email to EVERYONE on trip. Thank you!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#53 Mermaid Michele

Mermaid Michele

Getting started

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 02:39 PM

Miami Airport Meet Up on 28th? Teresa T and I will be arriving in the Miami airport about 8am on Saturday the 28th. We are on the American Airlines flight to Dominica that departs at 10:11am. If anyone from the group is on the same flight; you'll find us somewhere near the gate. I'll be wearing a purple and white Single Divers  shirt and I am tall & bald and hard to miss. As alcohol can be expensive on island, you might want to drop by Duty Free and grab your favorite libation for the H20 Social Hour that occurs most afternoons after diving. 

When you say “duty free” do you mean in Miami before I board the plane? Or after I arrive in the airport IN Dominica? TIA

#54 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 03:04 PM

When you say “duty free” do you mean in Miami before I board the plane? Or after I arrive in the airport IN Dominica? TIA

YES MIAMI or the LAST US CITY YOU LEAVE so either Miami or SJU... 

formerly...

#55 Mermaid Michele

Mermaid Michele

Getting started

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 03:23 PM

Leaving from Miami!! So Ill probably see you guys!!

#56 Starshark12003

Starshark12003

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 25 May 2022 - 02:01 PM

Leaving from Miami!! So Ill probably see you guys!!

Yes! I saw a list that kamala posted on flights; looks like about 12 of us on the same Miami flight flight to Dominica. Weather looks great (84 for high and 76 for low); typical 20-25% chance of rain. Going to be an amazing trip. Note: According to the Dominica Customs website we are only allows 1 liter of alcohol per person to be brought in country. We are bringing some "South Carolina Hospitality" with us ;-) 

#57 Mermaid Michele

Mermaid Michele

Getting started

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 May 2022 - 02:06 PM

Yay!! That sounds fantastic!!

#58 Mermaid Michele

Mermaid Michele

Getting started

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 May 2022 - 12:03 PM

Tour Options Week #1: Teresa T and I have booked a Canyoneering trip with Extreme Dominica for Friday June 3rd at 0830hrs. The cost is $169 per person, unless we get 2 additional people to join at which time the price drops to $129 per person. Pick up and drop off is at the hotel,  and we will be back by 1230 -1pm. Swim suits, closed toe shoes & a towel are required. Waterproof cameras are encouraged. If interested book directly with Extreme Dominica (www.extremedominica.com), but please also let us know. Dominica is one of the most beautiful islands we've been to and the land based beauty rivals that found below the surface. Look forward to seeing everyone in 9 days!

Scott 
Teresa T

#59 Mermaid Michele

Mermaid Michele

Getting started

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 May 2022 - 12:04 PM

Tour Options Week #1:

Teresa T and I have booked a Canyoneering trip with Extreme Dominica for Friday June 3rd at 0830hrs. The cost is $169 per person, unless we get 2 additional people to join at which time the price drops to $129 per person. Pick up and drop off is at the hotel,  and we will be back by 1230 -1pm. Swim suits, closed toe shoes & a towel are required. Waterproof cameras are encouraged. If interested book directly with Extreme Dominica (www.extremedominica.com), but please also let us know. Dominica is one of the most beautiful islands we've been to and the land based beauty rivals that found below the surface. Look forward to seeing everyone in 9 days!

Scott 
Teresa T

So I went ahead and booked this as a group rate with single divers group in the message line!! Cant wait super excited!!

#60 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 26 May 2022 - 06:58 PM

HEY GANG... if you are doing the Scott & Teresa tour please know that right now you are skipping the pkg group tour. I am trying to see who many people want to do BOTH and if all want to do it on Thursday vs doing it on Friday as scheduled.

So if you are doing the S&T tour...YOU MUST LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT TO DO THE GROUP TOUR because I will assume you are skipping the group tour.

Even if you want to do the group tours...I may not be able to find another date for you to them. I know ...it sucks and I'm working on it but hopefully we will have enough to offer it on Thursday IF  you want to do both and of course still have enough to do on Friday as originally planned.

Kitten herding 101....   :lol:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users