• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2005: Memorial Day Florida Dive Trip!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
651 replies to this topic

#76 Genesis

Genesis

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Cert Level:Caveish
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 01 February 2005 - 04:09 PM

One thing WW - both fun2dive and I, if we can make it, only dive dubs. Therefore a critical factor for both of us is that the operator(s) will allow us on the boat with them. In fact, between the two of us I think we have one single setup for a wing, zero regs configured for yoke valves, and all we have for single TANKS os one HP120 and a couple of AL80s - which are rigged as stages!

I'm perfectly happy with getting our own gas at Fill Express if we're in the SE Florida area; I don't know what we'll do if its the Keys, but if the "base" is in the SE Florida area we can always gas at FE and then go wherever. We have enough sets of dubs that push comes to shove we can each have two sets, so we can go a day in the middle without having to get back to the fill station.

I'll talk to Stacy this evening, but before either of us can firm anything up we need to know we'll be able to get on the boat......

#77 bluedolphin

bluedolphin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Board Status:Private
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:296

Posted 01 February 2005 - 04:13 PM

Right now I need feedback from people letting me know how many dates that they want to do:

PRELIMINARY SCHEDULE SO FAR:

May 26: Travel Day
May 27: Friday Dive Day & SD BBQ & Meet and Greet!
May 28: Saturday Dive Day
May 29: Sunday Dive Day
May 30: Monday Dive Day
May 31: Travel Day

How many people are in for what days of diving? Thanks -ww

NOTE: Last year we had a problem with people being able to do more then 4 days of diving. I can extend this to 5 days of diving since one of the days is a holiday but I need to know about how many people want to do 2 days, 3 days, 4 days or increase it to 5 days.

I would be in for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for sure, maybe Monday. I would more then likley be driving down.

Linda
Happy Diving
Linda
Posted Image

#78 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,696 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 01 February 2005 - 04:31 PM

One thing WW - both fun2dive and I, if we can make it, only dive dubs. Therefore a critical factor for both of us is that the operator(s) will allow us on the boat with them. In fact, between the two of us I think we have one single setup for a wing, zero regs configured for yoke valves, and all we have for single TANKS os one HP120 and a couple of AL80s - which are rigged as stages!

I'm perfectly happy with getting our own gas at Fill Express if we're in the SE Florida area; I don't know what we'll do if its the Keys, but if the "base" is in the SE Florida area we can always gas at FE and then go wherever. We have enough sets of dubs that push comes to shove we can each have two sets, so we can go a day in the middle without having to get back to the fill station.

I'll talk to Stacy this evening, but before either of us can firm anything up we need to know we'll be able to get on the boat......

I've got your contraints in mind when talking to operators. I'll let you know what I get worked out! Thanks for the input! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#79 randy54

randy54

• PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 01 February 2005 - 04:58 PM

I'm taking 25 May through 3 June off, and can dive 4 or 5 days. I won't fly the day after I dive, and right now I'm going to set up for 4 dive days, but can move the return date back one, to accomidate another dive day. As for places to stay, I'm signed up for Marriott and Holiday Inn rewards, and those would be nice, but not a limiting factor. I also have AAA and my new AARP cards for discounts, if that helps. If I use my AARP card, I'll need help carrying my stuff though, cause I think it's a requirement. :lmao: Though I'm never too sure of anything with this pre-alzhiemers.
You may not be able to smell the roses underwater, but you can sea horses.

#80 ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Cert Level:Course Director; CCR Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2000+

Posted 01 February 2005 - 05:37 PM

Right now I need feedback from people letting me know how many dates that they want to do:

PRELIMINARY SCHEDULE SO FAR:

May 26: Travel Day
May 27: Friday Dive Day & SD BBQ & Meet and Greet!
May 28: Saturday Dive Day
May 29: Sunday Dive Day
May 30: Monday Dive Day
May 31: Travel Day

How many people are in for what days of diving? Thanks -ww

NOTE: Last year we had a problem with people being able to do more then 4 days of diving. I can extend this to 5 days of diving since one of the days is a holiday but I need to know about how many people want to do 2 days, 3 days, 4 days or increase it to 5 days.

I am likely available for all days depending on operators, profiles and costs.
"The most important thing is not to stop questioning." Albert Einstein

"For the diligent diver, closed circuit rebreathers are actually safer than open circuit scuba." Tom Mount

#81 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 01 February 2005 - 05:48 PM

Is there any sort of itinerary or budget for this trip?
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#82 domino22

domino22

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 01 February 2005 - 06:15 PM

If it happens I would fly out Thursday night dive Fri-Sat-Sun and fly back monday sometime.

#83 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 01 February 2005 - 06:30 PM

If I am able to make this trip work, I would be travelling Friday, diving Sat, Sun, Mon and Travelling Tuesday.

MNJoe

:cool2: :lmao:

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#84 fun2dive

fun2dive

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:35-50

Posted 01 February 2005 - 07:00 PM

For those of us with kids, will there be a cost option to do the hotel on our own and/or just pay for the charters we use when we have sitters???? I know it will be tougher on you to piecemeal the prices, but it would help those of us who have kids out of school on summer vacation! It can be like ordering Chinese, I want 1 from column A and 2 from column B....

Of course that would have to be if the Charter would allow our doubles onboard...

#85 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 01 February 2005 - 09:06 PM

I've never had a problem with twins, I always just show up with them. I've never had any negative feedback at all as a result. OTOH, I don't show up with 2 sets of twins for a 2 tank dive. As long as you have two tanks and only two tanks, I don't think it will matter if they are twins or not.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#86 Genesis

Genesis

• PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Cert Level:Caveish

Posted 01 February 2005 - 10:48 PM

Yeah, we just use one set of dubs for the two dives.

However, we've had operators in the Keys refuse to allow us to board. When we're on our own its no problem - just go find another op. If we're with you guys, though, its a bit different..... :thankyou:

#87 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,696 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 11:44 PM

Is there any sort of itinerary or budget for this trip?

That is what we are working on right now. I am trying to assess potential interest, rudimentary numbers so that we can work out a full agenda with costs etc.

I also need to know if you want reef only diving....reef and recreational depth wrecks....recreational depth wrecks only....or deep/tech wrecks only. (This is only for development of agenda purposes and in no way committs you to anything. I just need it for planning purposes)

Again...the plan is to offer at least a 4 day of diving trip to Florida offering reefs, wrecks and even operators that allow for diving doubles etc. We'll do a group bbq and offer shorediving as well as boat diving to accommodate people who want to dive 2x a day and those who want to dive more then that. Ideally we'll dive in different locations each day to experience a variety of Florida diving.

FOR EXAMPLE....

Last year we dove Lauderdale by the Sea, Key Largo, and Deerfield Beach. We stayed in one hotel and drove to each location. We arrived on Thursday...did a pier cleanup on Friday, dove Key Largo on Saturday, dove Deerfield Beach on Sunday and some of went back on Monday as well. Most of us flew home on Tuesday. People who lived in the area for the most part only dove Sat and Sunday. Some dove with us on Friday and some on Monday.

Soooooooooooooooo we are working to set up a similar trip for Memorial Day weekend this year.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#88 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,696 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 11:54 PM

For those of us with kids, will there be a cost option to do the hotel on our own and/or just pay for the charters we use when we have sitters???? I know it will be tougher on you to piecemeal the prices, but it would help those of us who have kids out of school on summer vacation! It can be like ordering Chinese, I want 1 from column A and 2 from column B....

Of course that would have to be if the Charter would allow our doubles onboard...

Yes...you will be able to do the trip ala carte so to speak. I will have a small discount built in for people coming in from out of town and doing multiple days of diving etc. as that is fair. For those only diving 1 or 2 days it will cost you slightly more or about 10% for a spot on the boat then if you booked directly. SD will charter the entire boat and you'll make your diving arrangements via SD and not directly with the operator. For those of you who dove with us last year...the markup was only about 10% more then what you could have paid directly... a reasonable mark up for as much flexibility as we offered last year and expect to offer again this year.

formerly...

#89 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 02 February 2005 - 10:55 AM

Reef and recreational wrecks, thanks!
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#90 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox

Posted 02 February 2005 - 12:41 PM

Reef and recreational wrecks, thanks!

Are you coming to Florida, Jamie? Awesome!!!!
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users