• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2005: Memorial Day Florida Dive Trip!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
651 replies to this topic

#61 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 27 January 2005 - 01:58 PM

I am sort of looking at arriving late Thrusday, leaving either Monday or Tuesday. So for me that would be a minimum of 3 dive days, but no more then 4.

It will be flexible for that very reason. We may not get as much economy of scale since we'll different sized groups with different operators...BUT we'll have a blast and enjoy meeting everyone and DIVING together which is what it is all about! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#62 randy54

randy54

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 27 January 2005 - 02:00 PM

Always avoid MIA if possible.

Sounds like LAX, Bosto-Logan, and Chicago
You may not be able to smell the roses underwater, but you can sea horses.

#63 Dejah

Dejah

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 27 January 2005 - 02:01 PM

What is the best airport to fly out of? I'm going to be flying into Orlando then driving down to meet up with everyone and flying out from that area.

Dejah

#64 flatwood

flatwood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Board Status:on
  • Cert Level:open water, Nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:100 plus

Posted 27 January 2005 - 02:04 PM

What is the best airport to fly out of? I'm going to be flying into Orlando then driving down to meet up with everyone and flying out from that area.

Dejah

I may be able to pick you up in orlando. I'll check the map. bb
I've got 99 problems and diving ain't one of them.

#65 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 27 January 2005 - 02:06 PM

Dejah

I may be able to pick you up in orlando. I'll check the map. bb

Cool, thanks for the offer Bob...however I might bring Ladyjane down with me and she'd have to probably drive back.. not sure as of yet, but I'll let you know..

Dejah

#66 StuShark

StuShark

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Cert Level:DM, Adv Nitrox, Deco
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 27 January 2005 - 02:38 PM

I have a course penciled in for that Sat / Sun up in St Pete...but if people are diving on the monday I will drive over for a dive (or if the course gets changed I will come Sat / Sun as well)

#67 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 27 January 2005 - 02:43 PM

Actually you might want to look at airfares into FLL or West Palm Beach (WPB?), it's closer to the diving and from where I live cheaper however I'll probably be driving down to collect my tanks stored at Marvel's since hurricane Frances.
:lmao: :lmao:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#68 domino22

domino22

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 27 January 2005 - 06:09 PM

WW. I may be up for this. Post some details. I like the wpb area if you so choose free place to stay in Boca Raton. Would have to be a weekend trip for me. I am still saving one week vacation for Coz next Jan. Other wise booked for the year and kinda into 2006 got that Thailand ticket to use.

#69 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 06:42 PM

I have a course penciled in for that Sat / Sun up in St Pete...but if people are diving on the monday I will drive over for a dive (or if the course gets changed I will come Sat / Sun as well)

Here's to a good eraser....and to seeing you for 3 days and not just 1!!! :lmao:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#70 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox

Posted 27 January 2005 - 06:43 PM

Actually you might want to look at airfares into FLL or West Palm Beach (WPB?), it's closer to the diving and from where I live cheaper however I'll probably be driving down to collect my tanks stored at Marvel's since hurricane Frances.
:diver: :fish:

Noooooooo........!!!!!!!

Ahem. I mean, what tanks? :lmao:
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#71 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 06:45 PM

WW. I may be up for this. Post some details. I like the wpb area if you so choose free place to stay in Boca Raton. Would have to be a weekend trip for me. I am still saving one week vacation for Coz next Jan. Other wise booked for the year and kinda into 2006 got that Thailand ticket to use.

Still taking input on where people want to dive and who wants to dive. This is more of a 'regional' trip where we adapt to the local diving culture rather than run a normal 'week long trip to the keys' etc. trip.

Details will be posted after we get a better feel for who will be joining us both locals and fly ins!

Look forward to it being a blast...and yes...we will certainly be there!!!

Note: Fly in divers be loosely thinking if you are joining us so that I can arrange plenty of space for you all. -ww

formerly...

#72 Genesis

Genesis

• PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Cert Level:Caveish

Posted 27 January 2005 - 09:13 PM

If fun2dive and I come we'll be driving down in the truck, and you'll know its ours because the back will be sagging under the dubs and other gear :)

#73 fun2dive

fun2dive

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:35-50

Posted 28 January 2005 - 03:57 PM

How far in advance are your plans usually secured? I will have to take off work, so I need to know which days to ask for. Also, do you have kid friendly events in addition to adult only (I am sure there are many singles that don't want kids around on thier vacation)? How many SD will be bringing kids on this trip and what ages??? We have 3 kids girl (8), boy (9), and boy (11).

Thanks,
-stacy

#74 randy54

randy54

• PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 01 February 2005 - 11:31 AM

:teeth: OK, I'm looking to come into FLL late, 10pm-ish, on the 25th. We're talking diving on the 27, 28, 29 and 30th? is this correct?? And fly home on the 1st. Is there a place we're looking at staying?? A gathering place/time on the 26th??? Would sharing a rental work with someone?? OK, I'll leave gear questions for latter. :fish:
You may not be able to smell the roses underwater, but you can sea horses.

#75 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 03:38 PM

How far in advance are your plans usually secured?  I will have to take off work, so I need to know which days to ask for.  Also, do you have kid friendly events in addition to adult only (I am sure there are many singles that don't want kids around on thier vacation)?  How many SD will be bringing kids on this trip and what ages???  We have 3 kids girl (8), boy (9), and boy (11).

Thanks,
-stacy

We've gotten great response back to your inquiry about having kids on SD trips one day. In fact I'm sure you'll see us offering them in the future if we continue to get feedback from our divers that they want them. (Your thread is a good start...thank you fun2dive!)

As far as dates go...I'll be working on them shortly with various operators. This will be a planned trip meaning that we will have set operators and hotel(s) to stay at.

Right now I need feedback from people letting me know how many dates that they want to do:

PRELIMINARY SCHEDULE SO FAR:

May 26: Travel Day
May 27: Friday Dive Day & SD BBQ & Meet and Greet!
May 28: Saturday Dive Day
May 29: Sunday Dive Day
May 30: Monday Dive Day
May 31: Travel Day

How many people are in for what days of diving? Thanks -ww

NOTE: Last year we had a problem with people being able to do more then 4 days of diving. I can extend this to 5 days of diving since one of the days is a holiday but I need to know about how many people want to do 2 days, 3 days, 4 days or increase it to 5 days.

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users