• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2005: Memorial Day Florida Dive Trip!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
651 replies to this topic

#46 bluedolphin

bluedolphin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Board Status:Private
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:296

Posted 25 January 2005 - 09:31 AM

Well I know myself for one would be interested more in the recreational diving and exploring reefs... besides I don't have any experience in diving to those depths or wreck diving.. at least not yet, in the future who knows.

Dejah

Ditto here.

I have arranged to get some time off around Memorial Day, Thursday for Travel, and Friday. Saturday, Sunday, and maybe Monday for diving and Tuesday for Travel (but might elect to travel back on Monday).

For this reason and flexability I would drive down and not lock myself into airfare and then have to rent a car once there.

I am however strictly a recreational diver who just likes to poke around, and the shallower reef type dives give me lots more bottom time anyway. I do not now nor have I ever had any interest in caves, or wreck penetration (just not my thing).

So Dennis and Dejah there will be at least 4 of us who want something similar, and I am sure as plans develop more will come forward. If planned right there might be options for those that perfer something more technical.

I will look forward to see how the plans develop before I make a solid commitment.
Happy Diving
Linda
Posted Image

#47 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 25 January 2005 - 11:34 AM

Looks like we are officially doing Florida for Memorial Day. :) A full trip will be put together for our mainstream divers...aka recreational divers.

If we have enough interest we can also put together a tandem tec or tech-lite trip provided the tech types wish to participate in whatever we come up with. So far we have at least 2-3 divers for the tech or tech-lite trip and depending on the diving I may join them for at least one day as well! :teeth:

Ideally we'll be ONE LARGE group with boats divided by experience levels. In this case it may be VERY experienced aka 'tech' divers on one boat and the 'rest of us' on the other boat. However just as we are all single or buddyless...we can plan this trip as a larger group and accommodate the needs of the group.

Since I think we'll have a number of folks wanting to enjoy Florida diving from outside of Florida we'll have shared auto arrangements set up for our fly in divers as well as rooms, hotel, and social aspects! Yep...we'll have another world famous SD meet and greet bbq and more! :P

I will ask ScubaDadMiami and Genesis to help Walter and me with the proper arrangements for a more tech oriented trip within the main trip if we establish who is interested and who is qualified.

The bulk of the trip's participants will be recreational divers of all skills and levels and Walter, Marvel and I will certainly handle accommodating them. In fact we'll even break it down into who wants reefs only...wrecks only...or a combination of both.

And on a personal note...I am excited to see that we have divers of all experience levels and all diving preferences interested in SD and in doing SD trips. We work very hard to offer a variety of diving...warm and colder water diving as well as reefs and wrecks. And occassionally you get a chance to combine the rec divers with the tec divers either on the same trip...or even on the same boat like we do in NC. THAT...is the most exciting for me. Even if you NEVER want to do anything beyond recreational diving...it is still very cool to see other diving styles...diving equipment and diving skills!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#48 MadManMike

MadManMike

Getting started

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:30

Posted 25 January 2005 - 04:57 PM

If I am here, I would definately be interested. I am considering taking my IDC around then, but nothing is set into stone as yet.

Meantime, since I live down here, I would be glad to do some footwork if you planners need someone to eyeball a place or ask some questions in person. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need some local help.

mmm

#49 Genesis

Genesis

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Cert Level:Caveish
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 25 January 2005 - 06:59 PM

I'd be cool with an 'advanced rec' boat provided the captain will let me dive my own profiles, let me bring my dubs, and put me in the water first (and let me get out last.) That'd let me do light deco, go inside the wreck if I want, etc - yet still be with the rest of the group. That works for me as well.....

Edited by Genesis, 25 January 2005 - 06:59 PM.

#50 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 07:03 PM

I'd be cool with an 'advanced rec' boat provided the captain will let me dive my own profiles, let me bring my dubs, and put me in the water first (and let me get out last.) That'd let me do light deco, go inside the wreck if I want, etc - yet still be with the rest of the group. That works for me as well.....

Cool....that is the sort of 'light tec' I'm looking for as it will allow us to combine our divers and yet allow all of our divers to enjoy a great day of diving....JUST THE WAY THEY WANT IT!!! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#51 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 25 January 2005 - 07:39 PM

I don't have enough experience to be doing those deep dives myself. The shallower rec dives will be just fine for me. I still have to wait until I get back to work to see if I can make the weekend longer than it is supposed to be, but I am pretty sure I can do this event.

MNJoe :teeth:

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#52 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 07:42 PM

I don't have enough experience to be doing those deep dives myself. The shallower rec dives will be just fine for me. I still have to wait until I get back to work to see if I can make the weekend longer than it is supposed to be, but I am pretty sure I can do this event.

MNJoe :diver:

Not a problem...we plan to have multiple boats and accommodate ALL diving preferences, skills and styles!!! And then come together as a big group for social events and evening stuff!

No worries...its all good! -ww

formerly...

#53 flatwood

flatwood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Board Status:on
  • Cert Level:open water, Nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:100 plus

Posted 27 January 2005 - 01:35 PM

If we do this trip on memorial day weekend, I may look at driving down to join everyone, bob
I've got 99 problems and diving ain't one of them.

#54 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 27 January 2005 - 01:37 PM

That's great news, Bob!
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#55 flatwood

flatwood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Board Status:on
  • Cert Level:open water, Nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:100 plus

Posted 27 January 2005 - 01:44 PM

That's great news, Bob!

Thanks walter, besides I've never been past destin and it would be a great road trip.
I've got 99 problems and diving ain't one of them.

#56 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 01:44 PM

If we do this trip on memorial day weekend, I may look at driving down to join everyone, bob

Guess you'll be driving my friend....we WILL be doing this trip over Memorial Day. Working plan is dive all 3 days of the Holiday so the locals can join us so we'll have bigger boats on those days OR we'll have several different boats...reef divers...wreck divers...and if we have enough...more technical divers.

We'll do at least 1 day of add'l diving for the fly in divers and of course anyone else who wants to join us giving us at least 4 days of diving and then for fly in divers we are looking at travel days on either side of the diving days.

IF people want 5 days of diving ...let me know...right now I'm planning it for 4 days. -ww

formerly...

#57 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 27 January 2005 - 01:46 PM

I'm in for Memorial Day weekend as well...last year was a blast and I can't wait to do more diving with all those crazy Floridians!

#58 bluedolphin

bluedolphin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Board Status:Private
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:296

Posted 27 January 2005 - 01:48 PM

I am sort of looking at arriving late Thrusday, leaving either Monday or Tuesday. So for me that would be a minimum of 3 dive days, but no more then 4.
Happy Diving
Linda
Posted Image

#59 randy54

randy54

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 27 January 2005 - 01:53 PM

Sounds like a good way to get rid of some FF miles. :lmao: Fly into Miami(?), :lmao: meet people and go dive places. :dance:
You may not be able to smell the roses underwater, but you can sea horses.

#60 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 27 January 2005 - 01:55 PM

Always avoid MIA if possible.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users