• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2005: July 9-11...Texas Flower Gardens

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
517 replies to this topic

#31 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 03 February 2005 - 12:50 PM

OH and BTW, I will be going on this one as well, either as a passenger or working, but I have made a promise to someone so more than likely, I will be a passenger. It will be hard doing so as I am a 'Take charge' kinda guy when it comes to the boats. :birthday:

Hm....I think I know a little birdie that will have you working...at least for SD that is! That is if you want to! Of course you can just dive like a passenger but... :birthday:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#32 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue / EFR
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 03 February 2005 - 01:01 PM

Well if the all omnipotent and master of the Flower Gardens ZD is going you can pretty much count me in.
“There is no more unhappy thing than a man who has accomplished all his ends in life.â€

#33 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 01:17 PM

So...would those folks flying in be staying over somewhere on Monday night and flying out on Tuesday?
“There is no more unhappy thing than a man who has accomplished all his ends in life.â€

#34 zendiver

zendiver

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 03 February 2005 - 02:09 PM

So...would those folks flying in be staying over somewhere on Monday night and flying out on Tuesday?

Gar, they would have to stay the night Monday night as this is a 3 day trip July 9-11, 3 days of FABULOUS DIVING!!!. The last dive would be around 11 to 1 on Monday so flying out on Monday would be literally impossible and would have realistically fly out late afternoon on Tuesday.

-ZD

I will do what is needed, you know me. The Flower Gardens are my home.
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#35 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 02:12 PM

Yes it is a 3 day trip...dive Sat/Sun/Mon so you can fly on Friday and Tuesday.

And yes ZD...I will need you! :cool1: Ya know we can't do a trip to the Gardens that we don't need you to help with the trip!!! Silly bird....:usflag:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#36 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 02:29 PM

Ok ZD...Well count me in....I guess we shall just need to find some digs for Monday night.....I smell another SD happy hour brewing!

Put me in Coach I wanna play!

#37 bluedolphin

bluedolphin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Board Status:Private
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:296

Posted 03 February 2005 - 02:32 PM

If all works out and I can join this trip, I would need a room for Monday too!!!

Linda
Happy Diving
Linda
Posted Image

#38 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 02:32 PM

Yep...I think we'll be doing a SD Happy Hour in Freeport right up until we board the boat and depart!!! And then of course it will just continue...sans the alcohal of course....this is serious diving and you DO NOT want to drink too much! -ww

formerly...

#39 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 03 February 2005 - 02:33 PM

For those of you flying into Houston, DO NOT USE DOLLAR RENTAL CARS, they would not honor my online reservation and the car cost me more than the diving!
Once we get closer to the date some car pooling would be in order.
Here's a shot from under H571, I'd put more pictures in the Texas Flower Garden Gallery but there isn't one.

Attached Images

• h571.jpg

Edited by Latitude Adjustment, 03 February 2005 - 02:36 PM.

I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#40 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 02:47 PM

I agree and couldn't have said it better!!! :cool1:

Here's a shot from under H571, I'd put more pictures in the Texas Flower Garden Gallery but there isn't one.

For now put them in this thread...we'll have a FG gallery soon and we'll post the link when we do! -ww

formerly...

#41 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 03 February 2005 - 02:59 PM

The car pooling will not be a problem just so that we are all at the dock by no later than 8pm on July 9th (Friday). If there are those that fly into Bush International, please let us know as some of those flights into Bush have been known to be a LOT cheaper than Hobby.

For those wanting to see my trip report from around the same time as last year, July 1-2, 04, including depths, times, and water temp, check it out here: Flower Gardens, ...July 1-2, 2004 Trip Report
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#42 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 03 February 2005 - 03:06 PM

What I like about the Flower Garden trips is the variety, the east and west banks are like Florida, coral based but the fish coloring is different. Stetson Bank is like diving on a mountain ridge and the oil rigs are like big open wrecks covered with life.

Attached Images

• fg1.jpg

I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#43 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 03 February 2005 - 04:19 PM

Thanks everyone for the information. Need to see the pricing and such. I also have tons of miles on Delta which is an option too. Once I commit (or get committed), I will figure out the best route.

Yes, if you did not notice, Delta does also fly into Hobby.
-Mitch-

#44 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 04:34 PM

Not to disagree with you Mitch0129, but if it were me coming from Arlington, I would come out 20 to 45S, take 45 all the way to The Woodlands (35 miles N of Houston), take the Toll Road to 635, stay in the right lane and take 59 South, then 288 S to Freeport.

Zen, I assume you are talking about getting on the Hardy Toll Road coming out of the Woodlands all the way to Loop 610, getting on Loop 610 heading east for about one mile, then getting on Hwy-59 to Hwy 288 S. You threw me off when you said 635. :teeth:

I did not think of that route, that would be a good one to take coming in from Dallas. I stand corrected!
-Mitch-

#45 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 04:43 PM

For those of you flying into Houston, DO NOT USE DOLLAR RENTAL CARS, they would not honor my online reservation and the car cost me more than the diving!

Not to mention that you will be paying almost as much in the taxes and fees as you are for the rental fee on the car. You see, Houston recently built THREE new major sports facilties and they have to pay for them somehow. :teeth:

I do think there were be enough local folks willing to give rides to anyone coming in so getting a rental car is not going to be necessary.
-Mitch-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users