• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Who is going to help with Beneath the Sea?

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#46 WVMike

WVMike

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:270

Posted 08 February 2005 - 07:47 PM

Mike,

The rate I got was 90.00 per night for the room and I just saw they have some rooms avaliable, however this rate was at the AAA rate. Their best avaliable rate was at 99.00 per night..

I just spoke with the Hotel also and they have parking in the front and a complimentry Parking Garage for Hotel guests around the back.

Dejah

Dejah,

Thanks, I got one, 2 double beds, non smoking executive suite. For 99 bucks a night. For Friday and Saturday night.

Now if I can just find my shoes :welcome:

Mike

#47 Dejah

Dejah

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 08 February 2005 - 07:49 PM

Mike,

The rate I got was 90.00 per night for the room and I just saw they have some rooms avaliable, however this rate was at the AAA rate.  Their best avaliable rate was at 99.00 per night..

I just spoke with the Hotel also and they have parking in the front and a complimentry Parking Garage for Hotel guests around the back.

Dejah

Dejah,

Thanks, I got one, 2 double beds, non smoking executive suite. For 99 bucks a night. For Friday and Saturday night.

Now if I can just find my shoes :welcome:

Mike

Awesome Mike! Hey don't forget to bring your swimsuit also... if you want to swim they have an indoor pool.. :welcome:

#48 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 09 February 2005 - 10:18 AM

I think they said slacks right? I'll see if your dress attire passes muster...so does that mean you are coming to help us???? That would be MOST EXCELLENT!!! -ww

WW

Yes, I am planning on coming to help. Will be driving and probably not available to do some Vol work till Saturday.

Just giving you a hard time about the dress code, I am really thinking of breaking out my Naru jacket and bell bottoms.

Or maybe my 100% polyester leisure suit :welcome:

Mike

You are a nut! But I think that is what it will take to pull this off! And your vehicle will come in handy since we'll all be 'car less'!

So my count is 5 people from OUT OF STATE and 4 people from in state helping with the show! Boy will you NJ and NY types OWE us!!!! :welcome:

Actually I just want to say that I am incredibly overwhelmed by the outpouring of members of this board to come and help us like this...especially outside of their own geographical area! It is one thing to help recruit members in your own state or backyard...quite another to fly half way across the US to help out...or to drive for MANY more hours then we will be flying to help out!

You all are REALLY the best!!! :welcome: :welcome:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#49 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 09 February 2005 - 12:30 PM

Don't forget if you are volunteering to mail in the form available at http://www.beneaththesea.org
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#50 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 01:13 PM

Don't forget if you are volunteering to mail in the form available at http://www.beneaththesea.org

I think I need to do that for them don't I??? In any event if you can fill it out and send it to me via fax 214-350-2558 then I'll know I have enough volunteers. Also Dejah is going to put together a matrix of who is available to help and when. Pls pm her with the days and/or times you can donate.

We need 56 hours of donated time in 8 hr intervals for the BTS show to qualify for the $200 discounted booth rate. I know we have enough people now to meet that committment if some work 2 days of the show. However I'm not sure how many people are willing to work 2 out of the 3 days.

And we'll need some support at the SD booth but Sassy Rabbit and I are committed full time to the SD booth so we'll take other volunteers AFTER we get the BTS committement filled so that I know we are REALLY doing the show!

Thanks again for all your help and support! Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#51 TraceMalin

TraceMalin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Cert Level:Junior Jedi Knight
  • Logged Dives:6000+ (combined scuba & extended range freedives)

Posted 09 February 2005 - 02:32 PM

I'll probably be attending the show. I've been to Beneath the Sea a lot and I've worked booths there in the past. So, if I do attend I'll gladly spell someone to take a break or attend a free guest speaker session. My favorite show was the year that I met Stan Waterman in the parking lot and discussed lacrosse (his grandson & I play) and his stockbroker (got him to get certified), ticked off Miss America three times through innocent mistakes, met Jean-Michel Cousteau after hearing a Keiko lecture, did a freediving demo in a water tank in 40 F with a mask my friend Jack won as a door prize and w/o a wetsuit while being filmed by the Historical Diving Society (one of the things that ticked off Miss America), met with my hero Pipin Ferraras, actually got along with Joel Silverstein for a whole 5 minutes, worked the PDIC booth and got hired to work in the Cayman Islands.

Something tells me that an SDers group might beat that!

Trace
Trace Malinowski
Technical Training Director
PDIC International

#52 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 03:05 PM

I'll probably be attending the show. I've been to Beneath the Sea a lot and I've worked booths there in the past. So, if I do attend I'll gladly spell someone to take a break or attend a free guest speaker session. My favorite show was the year that I met Stan Waterman in the parking lot and discussed lacrosse (his grandson & I play) and his stockbroker (got him to get certified), ticked off Miss America three times through innocent mistakes, met Jean-Michel Cousteau after hearing a Keiko lecture, did a freediving demo in a water tank in 40 F with a mask my friend Jack won as a door prize and w/o a wetsuit while being filmed by the Historical Diving Society (one of the things that ticked off Miss America), met with my hero Pipin Ferraras, actually got along with Joel Silverstein for a whole 5 minutes, worked the PDIC booth and got hired to work in the Cayman Islands.

Something tells me that an SDers group might beat that!

Trace

I have a feeling the BTS will never know what hit them when we do the show!! :diver: But with you there...I'm sure it will be something to remember!!! :teeth:

Let us know if you can hang out at the booth any...we'd love the company and the eye candy...in fact I've a really great looking SD shirt you can wear....sorta missing the arms...but I'm sure you can pull it off!! :angel2:

And I'm sure our ratio of female recruits would surge as well!!! :angel2:

formerly...

#53 drckw

drckw

Getting started

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW diver , tend to prefer warm waters
  • Logged Dives:>100 mostly in Caribbean, CA , Hawaii

Posted 09 February 2005 - 08:57 PM

OK all, I"m game for a shift on Sunday....

:thankyou:

#54 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 09:13 PM

OK all, I"m game for a shift on Sunday....

:banghead:

That is awesome!!! Thank you so much!!! Dejah will be contacting everyone to get the shifts set up! :thankyou:

formerly...

#55 WVMike

WVMike

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:270

Posted 10 February 2005 - 06:19 AM

WW and Dejah,

This spur of the moment thing came up. I know a guy who has a dive shop. And he is leading a trip to Bonaire and had one spot left that no one was taking.

So just to help him out I agreed to leave the mud, snow, cold and slop for a week and go to Bonaire.

Am leaving tomorrow and will be out of touch for a week or so.

Funny thing is I got out the 3 mil suit to pack and put it on to adjust my BP/W and it has shrunk. I did not know that neoprene shrank :welcome:

Mike

#56 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 08:14 AM

Man what a guy...you sure know how to take it for the team don't ya!!! Well tell us all about it when you get home! And tell your dive shop buddy hi for me! I'm sure he will remember me! :welcome:

formerly...

#57 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 01:19 PM

Hey gang...not sure if Dejah told you or not but ALL volunteers need to download the BTS volunteer application and send it TODAY Feb 15, 2005 to BTS with the hours you can work the show.

Remember you need to volunteer at least 8 hrs per person to help SD qualify for the reduced rate AND pls volunteer for the total amount of hours that you told Dejah you could work. If we have more than our 56 hours we'll trim them back closer to the show. Right now I'm afraid we'll just get the 56 we need for the show!

Thank you all again!! I've got my ticket and I'm ready to go! -ww :(

formerly...

#58 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 19 February 2005 - 09:57 PM

As a general question to anyone who may know I've been trying to find out if there is a Shuttle service that does airport to hotel pick-ups at Newark Airport, anyone know of one?

I tried Airporter, but they don't go into Secausas and seems the only other option is Taxi's...

Dejah

#59 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:88

Posted 20 February 2005 - 06:00 AM

I emailed Deb but it looks like I won't be able to help out at the show. Have to work and only have part time Sunday to get out to the show. I'll stop by the booth and chat with all ya'll when I'm there though. Have fun!
We all must believe in something... I believe I'll have another beer

#60 drckw

drckw

Getting started

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW diver , tend to prefer warm waters
  • Logged Dives:>100 mostly in Caribbean, CA , Hawaii

Posted 23 February 2005 - 09:07 PM

Kamala:

Update? Did you confirm? I got an email from BTS wanting to know when I'll be there to volunteer, so I assume I volunteer for the show as well as the singlesdivers.com booth/exhibit?
Cherie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users