• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Who is going to help with Beneath the Sea?

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#31 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 08 February 2005 - 07:44 AM

All these beautiful women coming to NJ and not even one wants to stay at my place, I really need to change my deodorant! :dltears:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#32 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 08 February 2005 - 09:40 AM

All these beautiful women coming to NJ and not even one wants to stay at my place, I really need to change my deodorant! :dltears:

My darling Ray...we did not think that you could handle ALL of us!!! Er...I mean have ROOM for ALL of us!! I KNOW you could handle us!! :welcome:

We'd have no problem staying with you...but how many people can you house for a few days????

We may have more or less...just wanted the room as a back up so we'd be covered! -ww

P.S. just want you all to know that Texas certainly gives back...I'm thrilled at all the efforts to help recruit in OTHER parts of the country by our Tejas clan!!! Thanks gals...you most certainly are angels! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#33 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 09:41 AM

Dress Code
• Volunteers should wear collared shirts or blouses while working, jackets also preferred.
• Jeans, sneakers or t-shirts must not be worn at any time.
• Volunteers must wear suitable attire at evening parties; coats & ties for men.

OK, so no steel toed boots.

How about,

Hawaiian shirt, it has a collar

Cargo shorts

Teva sandles

This is a dive show?

Now that I am properly attired, about that Bevy of Texan Beauties :welcome:

Mike

I think they said slacks right? I'll see if your dress attire passes muster...so does that mean you are coming to help us???? That would be MOST EXCELLENT!!! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#34 TheSassyRabbit

TheSassyRabbit

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster/Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:>750

Posted 08 February 2005 - 10:43 AM

I'll be in Melville, NY (Long Island) on Mar. 14th, 15th and 16th for business, so I don't mind staying over if accomodation $$ is reasonable. Gotta watch the budget after just returning from vacation! I am happy to help in the booth - assume that is casual attire... ?

And, Mike - the bevy of beauties will buy your first drink after the show if you dig out that pair of slacks and meet the BTS volunteer dress code ... :welcome:

#35 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 10:50 AM

I'll be in Melville, NY (Long Island) on Mar. 14th, 15th and 16th for business, so I don't mind staying over if accomodation $$ is reasonable. Gotta watch the budget after just returning from vacation! I am happy to help in the booth - assume that is casual attire... ?

And, Mike - the bevy of beauties will buy your first drink after the show if you dig out that pair of slacks and meet the BTS volunteer dress code ... :welcome:

Right now we have a room for $89 a night divided 4 ways...not sure we have 4 gals so you can join in! Or we can do 2 rooms if we need too! Dejah found a great rate and I told her to book some rooms so we wouldn't lose them.

And of course we have the gracious offer from Ray so I'm sure several of us can crash there as well.

It would be great to have you help girl! I'll need 56 hrs of support for the show and then I'll need help in our booth as well! Yes our booth will be casual and wearing SD t-shirts. -ww

formerly...

#36 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 08 February 2005 - 11:30 AM

Ok all, the reservation has been made, I switched the hotel I mentioned before at the $89.00 per night rate to a $90.00 + Taxes per night AAA rate at a closer hotel to save money on possible Taxi fares since the other was about 6 miles away.

Per the hotel this location is about a 10 minute walk to the center or a 5 min drive, unforunately they do not have an airport shuttle, but they do have a shuttle which will take you into town (resturants, the center, etc) Monday - Fri free of charge. There is also a lot of public transportation around the area so it won't be difficult to get around.

Ok, so here is the information:

Prime Suites Secaucus/Meadowlands
350 Route 3 West Mill Creek Drive
Secaucus, NJ

We are booked for 3 nights from Thurs 3/17 to Sunday 3/20.
The room is equipped with 2 Double Beds, a Seperate Living area with a Full Size Hidabed Couch.. so we can easily fit more than 4 people in this room if needed.

If you have any questions or concerns please let me know on this and here is a link where you can view the hotel..

Hotel Overview

Cheers!

Dejah

#37 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 11:57 AM

Oh one other thing I almost forgot to mention... anyone staying there be sure to bring a bathing suit if you want to swim they have an indoor pool... :welcome:

#38 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 11:58 AM

Dejah you did awesome! :welcome: Looks like we'll be able to handle a number of folks brave enough to fly in...as we speak we have a bevy of Texas beauties...and up to 4 or 5 of them coming to help with the show! WOW!!! And maybe one steel toed-less WV guy and several people from the local area so I think its official that we can pull this off.

I will be sending money to the show today...pls...we still need help at the BTS show and for gosh sakes NO ONE MENTION YOU ARE FROM OUT OF TOWN HELPING WITH THE SHOW! They'd probably shoot us for allowing so many Texans to infiltrate... :o

formerly...

#39 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:88

Posted 08 February 2005 - 12:54 PM

:welcome: I can see it now.. Seacausus will never be the same... :o

Deb, an old New Jersey joke goes something like this...

My girlfriend asked me to kiss her where it was soft, so I kissed her lips.
She asked me to kiss her where it tickled so I kissed her neck.
She then asked me to kiss her where it smells, so I took her to Seacaucus....
We all must believe in something... I believe I'll have another beer

#40 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 08 February 2005 - 01:21 PM

Dress Code
• Volunteers should wear collared shirts or blouses while working, jackets also preferred.
• Jeans, sneakers or t-shirts must not be worn at any time.
• Volunteers must wear suitable attire at evening parties; coats & ties for men.

OK, so no steel toed boots.

How about,

Hawaiian shirt, it has a collar

Cargo shorts

Teva sandles

This is a dive show?

Now that I am properly attired, about that Bevy of Texan Beauties :welcome:

Mike

I think they said slacks right? I'll see if your dress attire passes muster...so does that mean you are coming to help us???? That would be MOST EXCELLENT!!! -ww

Uuuuuuummmmm ........ two points:

1) It's New Jersey.

2) It's January.

Draw from that what you will.
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#41 WVMike

WVMike

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:270

Posted 08 February 2005 - 06:55 PM

That firms it up. I will break out the "Sunday Go To Meetin' Cloths". Actually got a pair of Dockers for Christmas I been meanin' to wear.

Now for the place to stay.

#42 WVMike

WVMike

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 07:02 PM

Ok all, the reservation has been made, I switched the hotel I mentioned before at the $89.00 per night rate to a $90.00 + Taxes per night AAA rate at a closer hotel to save money on possible Taxi fares since the other was about 6 miles away.

Per the hotel this location is about a 10 minute walk to the center or a 5 min drive, unforunately they do not have an airport shuttle, but they do have a shuttle which will take you into town (resturants, the center, etc) Monday - Fri free of charge. There is also a lot of public transportation around the area so it won't be difficult to get around.

Ok, so here is the information:

Prime Suites Secaucus/Meadowlands
350 Route 3 West Mill Creek Drive
Secaucus, NJ

We are booked for 3 nights from Thurs 3/17 to Sunday 3/20.
The room is equipped with 2 Double Beds, a Seperate Living area with a Full Size Hidabed Couch.. so we can easily fit more than 4 people in this room if needed.

If you have any questions or concerns please let me know on this and here is a link where you can view the hotel..

Hotel Overview

Cheers!

Dejah

Do you know if they having a parking lot?

Is that 90 bucks for room or an each price if four split? Not trying to muscle in on your room, just wondering about getting another one.

I would be driving and would need a place to Park.

Ray is it a crazy Idea to try and drive into Meadowlands?

I know most Nyers don't have cars.

Mike

#43 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 07:03 PM

And, Mike - the bevy of beauties will buy your first drink after the show if you dig out that pair of slacks and meet the BTS volunteer dress code ...  :welcome:

That firms it up. I will break out the "Sunday Go To Meetin' Cloths". Actually got a pair of Dockers for Christmas I been meanin' to wear.

Now for the place to stay.

Hey Mike,

If you need a place to stay we can book you a room at the same hotel or I know Ray mentioned he has room at his place..

Dejah

#44 WVMike

WVMike

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 07:07 PM

WW

Yes, I am planning on coming to help. Will be driving and probably not available to do some Vol work till Saturday.

Just giving you a hard time about the dress code, I am really thinking of breaking out my Naru jacket and bell bottoms.

Or maybe my 100% polyester leisure suit :welcome:

Mike

#45 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 07:21 PM

Do you know if they having a parking lot?

Is that 90 bucks for room or an each price if four split? Not trying to muscle in on your room, just wondering about getting another one.

I would be driving and would need a place to Park.

Ray is it a crazy Idea to try and drive into Meadowlands?

I know most Nyers don't have cars.

Mike

Mike,

The rate I got was 90.00 per night for the room and I just saw they have some rooms avaliable, however this rate was at the AAA rate. Their best avaliable rate was at 99.00 per night..

I just spoke with the Hotel also and they have parking in the front and a complimentry Parking Garage for Hotel guests around the back.

Dejah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users