• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

your job

• Please log in to reply
326 replies to this topic

#286 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

I spend too much time on line

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 19 October 2005 - 03:28 PM

Currently I do consulting (steal your watch to tell you what time it is)... mostly around large ERP Financial Management and HR Systems.

In previous lives I've done software, and military stuff.

Raising two children (28 and 22) and one infant (me).

Transitioning to dive bum - 3 more years and my USNR check will kick in, which will probably push me to full time narc addict.

Important for everyone to know, I have a twin brother, Mike, who sometimes shows up drunk, hitting on women, and telling outrageous lies about what he does, or more specifically, how well he does it. Always tries to pass himself off as me. Ignore him, he's mostly harmless these days, and generally disappears by dawn.
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#287 jeff

jeff

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Cert Level:ow plus
  • Logged Dives:120

Posted 07 November 2006 - 10:36 PM

Everyone has such fancy and important jobs here, all I do is drive a truck and trailer and make 6 to 27 deliveries and pick ups a day locally.
jeff aka nice-diver

#288 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:07 PM

Everyone has such fancy and important jobs here, all I do is drive a truck and trailer and make 6 to 27 deliveries and pick ups a day locally.

:welcome: to SD Jeff! When you have a moment, please post an intro in our New to Single Divers Forum so we can all get to know you and properly welcome you to our community!

:angel2:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#289 dad+2(.5)

dad+2(.5)

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Cert Level:open water,nitrox
  • Logged Dives:50

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:23 AM

:welcome: :angel2: :wacko: Don't feel bad Jeff, I too drive a tractor/trailer....and without us, this country dosn't operate....so your job is important!
"Here's to woman! Would that we could fall into her arms without falling into her hands"Ambrose Bierce, quoted in Grattan's Bitter Bierce

#290 BeachBunny

BeachBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:Not enough but I am working on it!

Posted 08 November 2006 - 10:29 PM

:fish2: :fish2: :fish: Don't feel bad Jeff, I too drive a tractor/trailer....and without us, this country dosn't operate....so your job is important!

Absolutely!

:2cool: ;) :)
"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different" CoCo Chanel

beachbunny@singledivers.com

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
Ghandi

#291 DOCJASON

DOCJASON

Getting started

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW--NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 29 November 2006 - 07:36 PM

Hello....
I am a Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist
I have been in this specialty for 16 yrs...and work with corporations, individuals, and law enforcement.
I work in advanced areas of specialties such as PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), Phobias, Work and life related stress, smoking cessation, alcohol and drug disorders, painless childbirth using hypnosis and excercise. I also teach basic thru advanced courses in hypno therapy and currently developing a college level course.
I also specialize in forensic hypnotherapy for law enforcement working with rape victims, and victims of violent crimes...

Other than that...im yur typical guy...who loves to blow bubbles....and fly planes...

So much for my humdrum life...

#292 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:88

Posted 02 December 2006 - 10:53 AM

Front line manager at New York air traffic control center.

I was a controller for 19 years and just got the managers job this past September. Different responsibilities, managing a group of controllers, alot more paperwork, less stress tho. I still work the radar as I have to keep my skills up as I certify new controllers as they finish their training.
We all must believe in something... I believe I'll have another beer

#293 secretsea18

secretsea18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 02 December 2006 - 12:21 PM

I hate to admit, but in order to support my diving habit, and camera addictions, I have to work at being a pediatric otolaryngologist. It's tough work, but someone has to do it. I just meditate on tuning out the crying :cheerleader:

And that means chronologic age... :dance:

#294 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 03 December 2006 - 12:18 AM

I hate to admit, but in order to support my diving habit, and camera addictions, I have to work at being a pediatric otolaryngologist. It's tough work, but someone has to do it. I just meditate on tuning out the crying :cheerleader:

Strong woman!! Big reason I did not go into peds.

#295 secretsea18

secretsea18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 03 December 2006 - 12:27 AM

Actually the kids are not so bad. At least they get better fast, and don't make themselves sick with bad habits....

#296 partypimp

partypimp

Getting started

• Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:1,000+

Posted 03 December 2006 - 04:04 PM

gonna say this is a popular thread
http://www1.airliner...p;TopOfYest=yes
This is my office....its got a great view

Edited by partypimp, 03 December 2006 - 04:06 PM.

#297 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:88

Posted 04 December 2006 - 08:22 AM

Partypimp...... Heres my view of you!
Posted Image
We all must believe in something... I believe I'll have another beer

#298 partypimp

partypimp

Getting started

• Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:1,000+

Posted 04 December 2006 - 08:26 AM

a windowless room you say?
with just radar scopes hmm...might have to start sitting in on some of our flights the view is spectacular from 40,000ft.
You guys keep us safe, keep up the good work!

#299 Guest_Sea Urchin_*

Guest_Sea Urchin_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2006 - 10:52 AM

gonna say this is a popular thread

I like this thread too...

Congratulations, Dan. Does this mean more time for dive trips or less time for dive trips?

#300 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 04 December 2006 - 03:46 PM

I hate to admit, but in order to support my diving habit, and camera addictions, I have to work at being a pediatric otolaryngologist. It's tough work, but someone has to do it. I just meditate on tuning out the crying :tears:

And that means chronologic age... :P

Actually the kids are not so bad. At least they get better fast, and don't make themselves sick with bad habits....

True!!! Big reason I am not in Family or Internal medicine either. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users