• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Question for Married/Buddyless divers

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 jextract

jextract

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 22 April 2004 - 05:01 PM

Hey, their choice of post-dive recreation is not up to me. Personally, I'm going to be checking out that table dancing class that you all have been talkin' about! :hiya: :) :-D :wacko:
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#32 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 22 April 2004 - 05:07 PM

Ok...so I'll weigh in on this one as well...however I'm sure MY answer will be no surprise to any of you! :wacko:

Let me start off by telling a cute story that happened the last time I was on a dating site...this guy looked at my picture coming out of the U-352 U-boat and my profile which clearly stated that I was an AVID diver and that I liked my divers like my men....EXPERIENCED! I explained how I had a dive charter business and how I was looking for dive buddies and yes my ultimate mate. Basically every paragraph no make that sentence of my profile just oozed with diving and diving references!!!

Ok so back to the story...so this guy writes me and says "I'm not a diver but does snorkeling count?" I honestly didn't know what to do...so despite the obvious I decided to pose a question back instead. I asked him the following:

"If you are on a hot date and everything is going REALLY well and you are expecting that you are CERTAINLY going to get lucky but when the moment of truth comes and all you get is a kiss on the cheek... does that count?"

Needless to say the guy said to me "I guess that means it doesn't"...ya think??? And no I double checked he wasn't a blond!!! :-D

So let me see....I got tired of diving alone...I got tired of dating non-divers...I thought to myself what can I do...whatever can I do? So I looked for diving sites to find dates....that didn't work. Then I looked at dating sites to find dives....and well that worked a little better. Then I looked at diving AND dating sites and they were pathetic and of course didn't work. Then I found this thread entitled "How to meet men diving" and I became addicted to it and became known by a few of you all! Then several of YOU who will remain nameless to protect the guilty suggested I do a singles trip so after getting asked a number of times by different people, I agreed. (Hey starting to sound familar?)

Well I'd been running a bunch of NC Wreckdiving trips which ended up being mostly singles...and mostly MEN...gosh I REALLY gotta get more gals into slightly more adventuresome diving...the perks are REALLY worth it! :hiya: Anyway I talked to a number of them and asked if they wanted to do this Singles trip to Cozy...and of course I'm sure you could imagine the answer...Not if its like your NC trips and all guys...fortunately I could say "NO" and at one time I even had more women on the trip then men...of course that didn't last long...all I had to do was say that I had more women on the trip then men and guess what? I quickly swelled up to more men then women!!! (Again for some of us...there was no apparent downside to this!!) :anna:

So after doing this fun and crazy singles trip to Cozy I was all prepared to consider doing another trip or two when a bodacious marketing type from the first trip suggested that I do more then play around with my new hobby and suggested I ride it full time or is that DIVE it full time?!?!?! I guess you can see what I opted to do? :wakawaka:

So having said all that? Would I date and/or get involved with a non-diving SO? (I'll let you all guess the answer to that one!) Would I go on vacations where I couldn't dive? Only if they were family oriented vacations...otherwise I want to spend every vacation I have diving! Would I split a vacation and try to put some of the land attractions into the trip as well? Yes if the attractions were spectacular! And if I'm lucky...I'll already be diving with some of the spectacular land attractions anyway! :)

So would it be hard to decide where to go on vacation? Nope...it would merely be a matter of time and money cuz the destination would be simple....paradise!!!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#33 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 05:31 PM

So I guess the obvious question is ... "are you looking to date a diver?" :hiya:

And as I remember, I came to this site with you twising my arm and with a gun to my head...

"How do you meet men diving?" That's like asking "how do you fall out of a boat and hit water?" Walter?!?!? Where're our demographics here?!?
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#34 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 22 April 2004 - 05:46 PM

Hey, their choice of post-dive recreation is not up to me.  Personally, I'm going to be checking out that table dancing class that you all have been talkin' about! :hiya:  :-D  :dance:  :wakawaka:

Well, let's see....Should we let them watch girls?

:) :teeth: :wakawaka: :wacko:

Personally, I vote for yes but ONLY if they particitate! I'm SO tired of men who say "I don't dance"....So, who's bringing the :mauswhip: ?

Edited by Marvel, 22 April 2004 - 05:46 PM.

Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#35 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 22 April 2004 - 07:57 PM

Walter?!?!? Where're our demographics here?!?

I remember the last time you asked me, I told you we were roughly 50/50. Remember I also told you I was doing the numbers manually and that if our growth continued at the current pace, it wouldn't be long before I could no longer keep up with the stats? Well, we don't have an automatic method and the numbers are no longer available. I'm swamped with keeping up with upgrades, sending out reminders, etc.

I do know I see lots of posts from both men and women. I see everyone enjoying the atmosphere we have. I'm going to guess that what ever the exact mix may be, it's the right one.

Walter
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#36 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....

Posted 22 April 2004 - 09:40 PM

It's real simple to me. Right now, I don't date. It's diving season up here and I am too busy. It's funny how most of my best friends are women and more of them dive than not. Many of them are out of state now.

Maybe one day, I'll make myself available again, but right now I have other priorities and most of them have to do with diving.

Oh, and ladies... you dance for me and I will dance for you. If you, want you could turn on my flashlight so that you could see it better...

Edited by Diverbrian, 22 April 2004 - 09:43 PM.

A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#37 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 10:07 PM

And as I remember, I came to this site with you twising my arm and with a gun to my head...

I don't think so! Stories like that will get you nothing but 'use and abuse' in Bonaire!!! That way at least I'll have done SOMETHING to warrent the crime you are accusing me of!!! :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#38 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....

Posted 22 April 2004 - 10:14 PM

Hey, she sent a siren to lure me here!
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#39 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 10:16 PM

Hey, she sent a siren to lure me here!

I didn't send the siren to lure you....the siren happened to be here and FOUND you!!! Different story...but now that folks know the truth....I like YOUR story better!!!! ww :thankyou:

formerly...

#40 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 06:51 AM

Sirens - what an interesting concept! Says something about our mindset and shows the ancients were much more subtle than our contemporaries.

DSSW,

WWW™

#41 Coo's Toe

Coo's Toe

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Cert Level: DIR-F

Posted 23 April 2004 - 12:38 PM

Sirens - what an interesting concept! Says something about our mindset and shows the ancients were much more subtle than our contemporaries.

Hmmmm.... subtle.

Have you ever seen those ancient greek vases? At least we keep our "art" behind the counter where kids can't see it. The exhibitionism at modern "Pride" parades pales in comparison to some of the ancient Greek parades with their giant bread effigies. Mardis Gras has nothing on a real Roman orgy. Athletes at the modern Olympics actually WEAR clothes!!! In many ways, we're a lot more subtle now than they ever tried to be.

Although I agree, our modern mythology does lack a certain "refinement". I doubt modern writers would think to call them Sirens...

#42 coppermaus

coppermaus

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, working on DM

Posted 23 April 2004 - 12:42 PM

Have you ever seen those ancient greek vases? At least we keep our "art" behind the counter where kids can't see it. The exhibitionism at modern "Pride" parades pales in comparison to some of the ancient Greek parades with their giant bread effigies. Mardis Gras has nothing on a real Roman orgy. Athletes at the modern Olympics actually WEAR clothes!!! In many ways, we're a lot more subtle now than they ever tried to be.

Ahh, yes, the good ol' days. Where has old-fashioned hedonism gone anyway?
coppermaus

#43 Coo's Toe

Coo's Toe

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Cert Level: DIR-F

Posted 23 April 2004 - 12:45 PM

They forgot to bring any with them on the Mayflower...

#44 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 02:13 PM

Ahh, yes, the good ol' days. Where has old-fashioned hedonism gone anyway?

I think you can find it here:
http://www.superclub...onism/index.asp

#45 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 02:48 PM

Where has old-fashioned hedonism gone anyway?

Come for a visit, we'll find some.

DSSW,

WWW™

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users