• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Flax Seed

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#46 nextariel

nextariel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 20 October 2004 - 05:14 PM

Hmmm, now I know why I usually shop around the outside aisles. Expect for the red wine aisle! Seasoned rice wine vinegar, and herbs and spices - are they bad?
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#47 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 20 October 2004 - 05:29 PM

Hmmm, now I know why I usually shop around the outside aisles. Expect for the red wine aisle! Seasoned rice wine vinegar, and herbs and spices - are they bad?

No...vinegars, spices, etc. are all fine! However you might want to grow some of your spices yourself. They are very easy to grow...extremely tasty and fun to have the wonderful scents they provide in your garden or even as decorative plants!

Do stay away from boxed, canned and processed foods! For example, opt for real rice and make your own pilaf. Also try to buy foods from a 'Whole Foods" type of store where you can get breads made from whole grains and not processed grains. These carbs are good and good for you as they are complex carbs which our bodies need for energy. When the body digests a complex carb such a fruit or veggie or truly whole grain bread etc. the fiber slows the digestion process so that the carbs are converted to glycogen rather then simple sugars. Hence why a diabetic can have fruit but not juice. Juice has no fiber to slow the conversion of carbs to sugar (energy). That is why a diabetic can have flaxseed in juice becuase the fiber in the flax mimics the fiber that the fruit would have originally contained.

Hope that helps! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#48 sugarbad

sugarbad

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:60

Posted 21 October 2004 - 04:31 AM

And for your next scary thought....have you ever found a french fri in your car that fell out who knows when but you realize when you look at it that it has not rotted or deterioated? Try this...take a french fri and let it sit in the heat, etc for 2 weeks and then check it. It will look just like it did when you put it there...now let it sit for 4 weeks or 6 weeks....guess what? No change. Can you imagine how in the world your body can obtain any nutritional value from a food that will not break down or deterioate?

That was an "extra" in the movie "SuperSize Me"." for anyone who hasn't seen this movie......RUN OUT TODAY AND RENT IT....WATCH IT TONIGHT......FORGET ABOUT EVER EATING FAST FOOD AGAIN. Sorry...didn't mean to yell, but it is a fantastic movie about a man who goes on a "nothing but McDonald's Diet" for 30-days.....This movie (documentary-style) tracks his medical progress over the 30-days. There is no surprise......Fast food isn't good for you. In one scene they show court documents from McDonalds where McDonalds Corp. states that "everyone in this country knows that McDonalds food is unhealthy and should only be eaten in limited quanitites."

#49 flatwood

flatwood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Board Status:on
  • Cert Level:open water, Nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:100 plus

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:38 AM

Hey Kamala, How much is a gallon of golden flax seed?
I've got 99 problems and diving ain't one of them.

#50 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:39 AM

Hey SugarBad...got your order for flaxseed today! Will ship today or tomorrow! Let us know what you think! I know you'll love it. Some say that Flaxseed is the closest thing to a 'perfect' food.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#51 flatwood

flatwood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 11:52 AM

OK, after reading about flax seed on the net for the last two days, Kamala would you bring me a gallon to athens next week and I'll pay you there. Can't do anything but help! bb

#52 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 11:53 AM

OK, after reading about flax seed on the net for the last two days, Kamala would you bring me a gallon to athens next week and I'll pay you there. Can't do anything but help! bb

Awsome and glad too! Let me know what you hope it will do for you! Thanks, ww

formerly...

#53 flatwood

flatwood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 11:58 AM

Well, after my bout with high bp a few months ago, I'm hoping it will be heart healthy.

#54 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 04:30 PM

No...vinegars, spices, etc. are all fine! However you might want to grow some of your spices yourself. They are very easy to grow...extremely tasty and fun to have the wonderful scents they provide in your garden or even as decorative plants!

I have an herb garden, but due to the hurricane trifecta it needs some replacing. Fresh herbs taste and smell wonderful.
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#55 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 10:59 PM

Well, after my bout with high bp a few months ago, I'm hoping it will be heart healthy.

It certainly will be conducive to lowering blood pressure as well as many other factors.

You may also want to try concentrated antioxidants from a variety of fruits, veggies and berries. Berries in particular are known for circulatory benefits and a new U of MD study released this year showed that eating a high fat meal such as an egg mcmuffin, or fried chicken, or hamburger etc will immediately constrict your blood supply by 40%. Taking these concentrated whole food fruit and veggie extracts equaling the equivalent of 6.5 lbs of raw, vine ripened, contaminant free produce every day of 17 different nutrient dense fruits and veggies results in only a 20% restriction after eating the same high fat meal. And by adding the berry extracts which add another 8 nutriently dense berries or the equivalent of another 2 pounds of produce to your diet daily, you reduce the restriction to less then 2% or almost completely negating the effects of the high fat meal.

So do these fruit, veggie and berry concentrated whole food extracts only help circulation and blood pressure issues? Absolutely not. Fruits, veggies and berries for which we need 9-12 servings of DAILY are the essential building blocks of good nutrition. They are responsible for ensuring our cells have the nutrients that they need to survive, fight off debilitating diseases and keep the body healthy and strong at a cellular level.

However some amazing things happen when you boost your intake of fruits, veggies and berries in such a short time. If you add these concentrated produce extracts to your existing diet your overall immune functions will improve 33% after the first 28 days you take them. That is a huge increase especially as we go into cold and flu season without enough vaccines. This type of overall increase in immune functions often results in needing less allergy and asthma meds as well as a reduction in other OTC and prescription meds. The body will also experience a 66% reduction in damage to your DNA...if cells reproduce more perfectly you have less chance of mutant cells and debilitating diseases. And finally the body has a significant increase in key antioxidants ranging from 58% to 2015%. These systemic changes are incredibly powerful and can be had very inexpensively and very effectively. And the best part...its all food...natural whole food...containing the thousands and thousands of micronutrients found in each unique fruit, veggie or berry in a convenient capsule or chewable form.

formerly...

#56 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 25 October 2004 - 06:20 PM

Ok, I have a question about flaxseed...I've been on your product regularly for about 2 months now. And, I have an issue with a chemical imbalance. I've been doing 1T morning and evening; Should I increase to 2T am and pm? I'd really like to be prescription drug free!!

kim

#57 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 09:13 PM

Ok, I have a question about flaxseed...I've been on your product regularly for about 2 months now.  And, I have an issue with a chemical imbalance.  I've been doing 1T morning and evening;  Should I increase to 2T am and pm?  I'd really like to be prescription drug free!!

kim

First off Kim...you should be doing 2T in the morning and 2 T in the evening as your minimum daily serving sizes. I have most people start off at 1T am & pm so they can get used to the fiber as well as just consuming flaxseed in general.

As for helping your chemical imbalance...it depends on what it is however Flaxseed has be shown to significantly improve ADHD, ADD, Depression and other brain related imbalances. Being food, its reaction/response to the body will be slower then medications in some cases however it is completely safe, non-invasive, non-addictive and has so many other benefits that starting with food is always a good first choice.

Hippocrates: "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food."

formerly...

#58 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:50 PM

First off Kim...you should be doing 2T in the morning and 2 T in the evening as your minimum daily serving sizes.

Is that 2T ground or seed form?

#59 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 07:46 PM

First off Kim...you should be doing 2T in the morning and 2 T in the evening as your minimum daily serving sizes.

Is that 2T ground or seed form?

2T seed form which will fluff up to about 3 T in ground form due to air.

formerly...

#60 flatwood

flatwood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 07:31 AM

Hey WW, Don't forget my flax friday :teeth:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users