• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

OK..."Brag II"....

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#31 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 11 April 2005 - 03:10 PM

So where is the one you brought with you to Cozy???

it's one of the ones not on a stand...

Gar - you seem to have a thing for Fender's...those are Strat's, right? I always get Strats and Telecasters mixed up...though I do see one that looks like a Gibson back there

let's ride!!

#32 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue / EFR
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 11 April 2005 - 03:31 PM

Gar - you seem to have a thing for Fender's...those are Strat's, right? I always get Strats and Telecasters mixed up...though I do see one that looks like a Gibson back there

let's ride!!

Well Kim...You know your guitars.......The first difference in a Strat and a tele is a strat has the double cutaway and a tele a single cutaway. There is a couple of Fenders in there but mostly "vintage Ibanez's" I like the Ibanez 70's and early 80's "lawsuit" models. I think they are better than Fenders and with a little work are great guitars and a medicaly impaired one can be had for a song (pun intended) I am not a real big Gibson fan...The yellow Les Paul custom looking thing is actually a cheap "Jay Turser" made in China. Amazing what they can do there and sell them for here. Of course the wiring and other electronics stink but the body and neck are very, very good so all you have to do is rip all the guts out and build it up like you like it. If you had a Gibson like that you wouldnt want to custom it up for value reasons.....The red guitar I built from the ground up. I had a couple more I built but they have moved into homes of some of best friends and and see a lot of work. If I'm not building a guitar I am usually making the rounds looking for a structuraly intact beater with potential.

Lets ride!
“There is no more unhappy thing than a man who has accomplished all his ends in life.â€

#33 WillDiveForBeer

WillDiveForBeer

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW and Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:52

Posted 11 April 2005 - 03:59 PM

let's ride!!

Well Kim...You know your guitars.......The first difference in a Strat and a tele is a strat has the double cutaway and a tele a single cutaway. There is a couple of Fenders in there but mostly "vintage Ibanez's" I like the Ibanez 70's and early 80's "lawsuit" models. I think they are better than Fenders and with a little work are great guitars and a medicaly impaired one can be had for a song (pun intended) I am not a real big Gibson fan...The yellow Les Paul custom looking thing is actually a cheap "Jay Turser" made in China. Amazing what they can do there and sell them for here. Of course the wiring and other electronics stink but the body and neck are very, very good so all you have to do is rip all the guts out and build it up like you like it. If you had a Gibson like that you wouldnt want to custom it up for value reasons.....The red guitar I built from the ground up. I had a couple more I built but they have moved into homes of some of best friends and and see a lot of work. If I'm not building a guitar I am usually making the rounds looking for a structuraly intact beater with potential.

Lets ride!

I have an Ibanez signed by 3 Doors Down 5 years ago or so, I wonder how much I can eBay it for (if I actually did eBay, too damn confusing).

#34 tdtexas

tdtexas

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:152 Bluewater, not counting lake/quarry dives

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:39 PM

Although I love my bike....I had one other thing I wanted to share.It is much closer to my heart as it was and is many years in the making. Many I salvaged. Some I made and all I put at least the finishing touches paint, electronics, fretwork etc.

Dang dude --- You have me beat! :birthday: :teeth: :2cool:
Live Life To The Fullest, ARE YOU WITH ME!!!!!!!

Tom

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
No, his mind is not for rent to any god or govement. Alway hopeful yet discontent. He knows changes are never permanent, but change is.

N. Peart

#35 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue / EFR
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 12 April 2005 - 01:50 PM

Although I love my bike....I had one other thing I wanted to share.It is much closer to my heart as it was and is many years in the making. Many I salvaged. Some I made and all I put at least the finishing touches paint, electronics, fretwork etc.

Dang dude --- You have me beat! :teeth: :diver: :2cool:

They come and go...But truth be told....You only need one!
“There is no more unhappy thing than a man who has accomplished all his ends in life.â€

#36 WillDiveForBeer

WillDiveForBeer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW and Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:52

Posted 12 April 2005 - 03:21 PM

Dang dude --- You have me beat! :teeth: :diver: :2cool:

They come and go...But truth be told....You only need one!

For a minute there I thought you meant you only need 1 love (male or female) in your life, then I relaized you were talking about guitars, hehehe.

#37 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 12 April 2005 - 03:51 PM

For a minute there I thought you meant you only need 1 love (male or female) in your life, then I relaized you were talking about guitars, hehehe.

He was? :diver: And here I've been waiting all my life for that one special man....now you tell me I only need guitars! :teeth:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#38 GentDiver

GentDiver

"Shark-Bait"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • Logged Dives:80

Posted 12 April 2005 - 05:15 PM

Here is my mid-lifecrisis/post divorce toy.....

I used to have a Z3, but part of the cost of the divorce was the car. My choice was to make car payments or pay bills. it was a tough choice but... the Z3 will be back in a couple of years!!!

Scott

:lam:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

"And the trees are all kept equal by hatch, axe, and saw"
- Rush (The Trees)

#39 kevininpo

kevininpo

• PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 06:58 PM

since l can't post a photo...you can all just imagine my white M-B SLK 230
if it ain't broke, fix it till it is
what if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about?

#40 Sonny Beaches

Sonny Beaches

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Board Status:I be here
  • Cert Level:aow-nitrox
  • Logged Dives:over 100

Posted 12 April 2005 - 07:39 PM

This was waiting for me , when we got back from Cozumel,in Jan.
A 1993 Mustang G.T. 5.0 H.O. 5 speed , for my 50th. birthday..

:cool2:

Attached Images

• cozumel2005_032.jpg

#41 Sonny Beaches

Sonny Beaches

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Board Status:I be here
  • Cert Level:aow-nitrox
  • Logged Dives:over 100

Posted 12 April 2005 - 07:46 PM

And this a picture of My Son's & I's toy, execpt he's now 6'3" and does not fix any more :cool2:

Attached Images

• Athens_022.jpg

Edited by Sonny Beaches, 14 April 2005 - 12:01 AM.

#42 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 12 April 2005 - 08:46 PM

This was waiting for me , when we got back from Cozumel,in Jan.
A 1993 Mustang G.T. 5.0 H.O. 5 speed , for my 50th. birthday..

:cool2:

Cool car, Sonny!

and the dragster ain't bad either :dance:

#43 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:88

Posted 13 April 2005 - 06:26 AM

I used to have a Z3, but part of the cost of the divorce was the car. My choice was to make car payments or pay bills. it was a tough choice but... the Z3 will be back in a couple of years!!!

Scott

Tho the Z3 is a great car.. get the Z4 Scott... you'll love it! I have the 3.0 Sport with the SMG tranny. Also swapped out the wheels for Goodyear Eagle F1's. Gives new meaning to ZOOM ZOOM. :wakawaka:
We all must believe in something... I believe I'll have another beer

#44 kevininpo

kevininpo

• PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 04:27 PM

Scott

Tho the Z3 is a great car.. get the Z4 Scott... you'll love it! I have the 3.0 Sport with the SMG tranny. Also swapped out the wheels for Goodyear Eagle F1's. Gives new meaning to ZOOM ZOOM. :birthday:

my 2.3 litre supercharged SLK with 5 speed auto tranny is still faster, and the power hardtop is a lot better for rigidity in a convertable....and the Michelin Pilots are a better ZR rated tire...gives new meaning to *see ya* ...just gotta love Mercedes, heck all German engineering
if it ain't broke, fix it till it is
what if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about?

#45 tdtexas

tdtexas

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Logged Dives:152 Bluewater, not counting lake/quarry dives

Posted 14 April 2005 - 09:55 PM

He was? :o And here I've been waiting all my life for that one special man....now you tell me I only need guitars! :lmao:

It's all about making beautiful music together !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool2: :lmao: :lmao:
Live Life To The Fullest, ARE YOU WITH ME!!!!!!!

Tom

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
No, his mind is not for rent to any god or govement. Alway hopeful yet discontent. He knows changes are never permanent, but change is.

N. Peart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users