• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

OK..."Brag II"....

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#46 WillDiveForBeer

WillDiveForBeer

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW and Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:52

Posted 14 April 2005 - 10:35 PM

Here is my mid-lifecrisis/post divorce toy.....

I used to have a Z3, but part of the cost of the divorce was the car. My choice was to make car payments or pay bills. it was a tough choice but... the Z3 will be back in a couple of years!!!

Scott

:lam:

Tho the Z3 is a great car.. get the Z4 Scott... you'll love it! I have the 3.0 Sport with the SMG tranny. Also swapped out the wheels for Goodyear Eagle F1's. Gives new meaning to ZOOM ZOOM. :cool2:

my 2.3 litre supercharged SLK with 5 speed auto tranny is still faster, and the power hardtop is a lot better for rigidity in a convertable....and the Michelin Pilots are a better ZR rated tire...gives new meaning to *see ya* ...just gotta love Mercedes, heck all German engineering

The Michelin Pilots are a horrible tire, go for the Bridgestone S03 Pole Positions, twice as much grip. I've fished tailed twice and ummm.....skidded off the road a couple times in my Pilots, never once in the S03's. I'd still have the S03's, except someone in a rest stop slashed a tire, so I had to buy what was availavle when I made it to the client site. Now that I need new tires, the S03's are going on again.

And the Z4 has more kick than a Supercharged SLK 230, now the SLK 32AMG with 349HP, that can't be touched :lmao:.

#47 kevininpo

kevininpo

• PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 10:48 PM

I used to have a Z3, but part of the cost of the divorce was the car. My choice was to make car payments or pay bills. it was a tough choice but... the Z3 will be back in a couple of years!!!

Scott

Tho the Z3 is a great car.. get the Z4 Scott... you'll love it! I have the 3.0 Sport with the SMG tranny. Also swapped out the wheels for Goodyear Eagle F1's. Gives new meaning to ZOOM ZOOM. :cool2:

my 2.3 litre supercharged SLK with 5 speed auto tranny is still faster, and the power hardtop is a lot better for rigidity in a convertable....and the Michelin Pilots are a better ZR rated tire...gives new meaning to *see ya* ...just gotta love Mercedes, heck all German engineering

The Michelin Pilots are a horrible tire, go for the Bridgestone S03 Pole Positions, twice as much grip. I've fished tailed twice and ummm.....skidded off the road a couple times in my Pilots, never once in the S03's. I'd still have the S03's, except someone in a rest stop slashed a tire, so I had to buy what was availavle when I made it to the client site. Now that I need new tires, the S03's are going on again.

And the Z4 has more kick than a Supercharged SLK 230, now the SLK 32AMG with 349HP, that can't be touched :lmao:.

although the colums don't quite line up, you can see the pilots out perform the S-03 in every catagory
http://www.tirerack....lay.jsp?type=MP

Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 9.1 1 100% 9.5 8.9 8.8 N/A 9.2 9.2 8.6 8.6 7.5 749,146
Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 8.7 2 99% 9.2 9.1 9.0 N/A 8.9 8.8 8.5 8.6 8.0 7,124,671
Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Position 8.0 3 95% 9.3 8.8 8.6 N/A 9.0 8.9 7.8 7.7 6.7 16,325,811

Edited by kevininpo, 14 April 2005 - 10:50 PM.

if it ain't broke, fix it till it is
what if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about?

#48 WillDiveForBeer

WillDiveForBeer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 11:00 PM

Scott

although the colums don't quite line up, you can see the pilots out perform the S-03 in every catagory

Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Position 8.0 3 95% 9.3 8.8 8.6 N/A 9.0 8.9 7.8 7.7 6.7 16,325,811

Well, I won't buy another Pilot Sport. I should take some pics of my rims and the chunks of tire that is missing from losing grip. Plus, I am getting dry rot on these, never got dry rot on any Bridgestone tire I owned. Now, you are giving ratings for the Pilot Sport PS2, I have the Pilot Sport, which we can see are ranked below the S03 Pole Positions. I might have to look into the PS2, since I need new tires this summer. I don't feel safe driving 120MPH with some chunks of tires missing and noticible dry rot.

#49 jt0001

jt0001

Getting started

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW 100+ dives mostly warm water. Photo & Vid
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 15 April 2005 - 08:33 AM

I got toys

Attached Images

• Vettes.jpg

#50 Fouch

Fouch

Getting started

• Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:I stopped counting about 14 years ago.

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:15 PM

Here's my lil toy. She gets me to my dive sites as well as lets me catch a couple of fishies. Anyone up for a dive trip??

Attached Images

• Boat.jpg

#51 ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Cert Level:Course Director; CCR Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2000+

Posted 21 April 2005 - 07:22 PM

I don't have any good pictures, but this gives the idea: http://www.sea-sea.c...veritearrow.htm
"The most important thing is not to stop questioning." Albert Einstein

"For the diligent diver, closed circuit rebreathers are actually safer than open circuit scuba." Tom Mount

#52 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 26 April 2005 - 12:58 PM

Hmm....men and thier toys....but I LIKE EM!!!

Anymore???

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#53 WillDiveForBeer

WillDiveForBeer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 01:12 PM

Scott

Tho the Z3 is a great car.. get the Z4 Scott... you'll love it! I have the 3.0 Sport with the SMG tranny. Also swapped out the wheels for Goodyear Eagle F1's. Gives new meaning to ZOOM ZOOM. :2cool:

And the Z4 has more kick than a Supercharged SLK 230, now the SLK 32AMG with 349HP, that can't be touched :-D.

I just ordered the PS2 for my car in addition to some high performance rotors and ceramic pads, but TireRack called and said they need to call me on a directory listed number and all I really own in a mobile phone as my main contact number because a $1212.92 purchase was a large order. Crap, when I bought my big screen TV which was way more than that, CircuitCity never had to verify and call me on a directory listed phone number. So mush for ordering new toys with easy anymore.

#54 In2h2o

In2h2o

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:850+

Posted 26 April 2005 - 01:41 PM

My favorite toy!!

Attached Images

• My_Boat2.JPG

#55 ryoung99

ryoung99

Getting started

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 29 July 2005 - 03:08 PM

Just saw this thread and thought... where does one start... with the vehicles, art, other toys....

How about this one...

Attached Images

• 41_std.jpg

#56 ryoung99

ryoung99

Getting started

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 03:28 PM

I have more..... plenty more.....

Here is the pleasure boat.....

Attached Images

• Nordic.jpg

#57 ryoung99

ryoung99

Getting started

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 03:30 PM

Last one for today, here is the kart....

Still need to send ones of the RV, tractor, snowmobiles, plane, etc.

Happy viewing.
Rick

Attached Images

• karting.jpg

#58 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 29 July 2005 - 08:14 PM

I think you are a serious toy collector, dude!
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#59 ryoung99

ryoung99

Getting started

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 12:16 AM

Marvel,
The sad part is I am not even close to posting them all. Gee wonder why I am single?

Now with that said, almost all of the toys are to be shared with others (friends/family). So they are not quite as selfish as one might think.

Fortunately I get to enjoy all of them in someway quite often.

No hangar queens in the collection.

How does that saying go, "he who dies with the most toys wins", by no means have I won yet, but I am in the game.

best wishes,
Rick

#60 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 30 July 2005 - 07:33 AM

Marvel,
The sad part is I am not even close to posting them all. Gee wonder why I am single?

Now with that said, almost all of the toys are to be shared with others (friends/family). So they are not quite as selfish as one might think.

Fortunately I get to enjoy all of them in someway quite often.

No hangar queens in the collection.

How does that saying go, "he who dies with the most toys wins", by no means have I won yet, but I am in the game.

best wishes,
Rick

I thought the saying was "He who dies with the most toys is still dead"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users