• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Gender Roles

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#121 steelemagnolia6

steelemagnolia6

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Location:Tennessee but my heart belongs to the Lone Star State!
  • Cert Level:Advanced, NITROX, Getting Ready to go tech
  • Logged Dives:Not enough, never enough!!

Posted 20 May 2005 - 06:45 AM

I was just thinking the same thing myself Scott it must be the drinking water out there where you are because most of us are respectful, and have good manners! Our mothers and grandmothers made sure.

I must confess that my ex b/f was flabbergasted when I sent a thank you note for a gift that he bought me. It did take him a while to get used to the idea that if I called and asked him out that I was paying for it not him.

OK girls surely one of us knows the perfect "lady" for Scott. Maybe we can fix him up!
Kay

Life is a matter of luck, and the odds in favor of success are in no way enhanced by extreme caution... Erich Topp WW II U Boat Commander

#122 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 20 May 2005 - 07:54 AM

I would have to agree, it must be the water where you are. I even thank my children for doing things for me, and have been doing it since they were small.
I know if you don't appreciate what I do for you I will be doing less and less.

So guys if the woman can't or won't say THANK YOU.. is might be a good clue to who she really is.........

Edited by gis_gal, 20 May 2005 - 07:54 AM.

Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#123 Sophia

Sophia

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced and Rebreather
  • Logged Dives:100?

Posted 20 May 2005 - 10:14 AM

One thing I haven't seen addressed,
perhaps it is too polite an item to be mentioned,
is the ongoing battle over ... (duh-duh-duhhhhhh!)

The Toilet Seat

For sanitary reasons, you should not only lower the seat, but also the lid before every flush.

I agree! It took just one study of what gets spewed around during a flush to convert me.

Plus, I have a hard time falling asleep to the sound of my kitties drinking delicately from the toilet.

#124 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 21 May 2005 - 11:43 AM

In my earlier reference to "the kiss" I was speaking to the ladies and stating that they (meaning the ladies) should expect an attentive partner, that's all.

Another quick thought... for both men and women. It's all in the kiss.

I was a little confused because your statement appears to be addressed to both sexes. But either way, a good kisser is nice, but when the steam runs out, what do you have? You still have another 23 1/2 hours left in the day. Being attentive involves much more than just the physical. Hell, during the PNW dive, Kamala gave me a peck on the cheek which I thought was the most sweetest thing anyone's done for me in a while. (Although I will admit I wouldn't have resisted a tongue-in-throat either).

Edited by Brinybay, 21 May 2005 - 11:44 AM.

"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#125 RichardB

RichardB

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • Cert Level:Private
  • Logged Dives:Private

Posted 21 May 2005 - 02:39 PM

.................. but when the steam runs out, what do you have? You still have another 23 1/2 hours left in the day..................

Hmmm, I think you may have gotten that backwards. Don't you mean that after 23-1/2 hours of steam you still have a half hour left?................or is that just me?

#126 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 21 May 2005 - 02:56 PM

All right Greg. I concede. You have some valid points, and have given me some food for thought. In an effort to bridge the communication gap a little more:

I'll disagree somewhat here. You're right in saying communication is important, but why does that only apply to emotional needs?

Because I don't expect you to read my mind.

There may be so many things that need to be done I can't keep track of them,

I can't keep track of them either, I have to keep track of my own stuff.

and yes, I may not even recognize it as something that needs attention because men are pigs.

Well, stop it.

An example of being "mothered" would be trying to attach specific rewards for getting them done, or the opposite, punishment for not doing them. That would make me feel very insulted and angry.

I totally agree with you.

BTW, taking the car to the car wash is environmentally friendlier than washing it yourself and keeps the underwater environment cleaner. What is a few dollars and a few minutes at a car wash compared to the hundreds of dollars and time we spend diving? If you must wash the car at home, do it over grass so that it will filter out the crud.

I don't care how the car gets washed, as long as I don't have to do it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a passionate, healthy guy, but I think there's way too much emphasis on sex and physical attraction.

You're right we probably do put to much emphasis on sex. I've been with some very attractive men who I wouldn't give the time of day to now. There is a lot more to it than that.

#127 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 21 May 2005 - 03:04 PM

and yes, I may not even recognize it as something that needs attention because men are pigs.

Well, stop it.

Reminds me of the "Man's Prayer" on the Red Green show:

"I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess!"

Edited by Brinybay, 21 May 2005 - 03:09 PM.

"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#128 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:01 AM

I was just thinking the same thing myself Scott it must be the drinking water out there where you are because most of us are respectful, and have good manners! Our mothers and grandmothers made sure.

I must confess that my ex b/f was flabbergasted when I sent a thank you note for a gift that he bought me. It did take him a while to get used to the idea that if I called and asked him out that I was paying for it not him.

OK girls surely one of us knows the perfect "lady" for Scott.  Maybe we can fix him up!

;) I love this thread you can Rant and Rave all you want! LOL

No, I do not think it is the water. Even your ex B/F was surprised to see a lady being considerate. See my complaint is not uncommon. There are not a lot of ladies that think like you.

My favorite story was about 6 or 7 years ago. I was cruising the Greek Islands. Met a lady from San Diego (where I also had a home), we had a great time and then picked back up in San Diego. Within 2 weeks she had 4 vacations planned for us and the first one was only a couple of months away. Well this came to an abrupt end when her Travel Agent called me for my CC number for “our” Vacation. LOL

Now trying to help me find that “special lady”……. I really do not have a problem finding a date…..It is just finding someone who has more interest in me than where I can take her, attractive (that is in the eye of the beholder), honest, fun, smarter than me, active (no couch potatoes), assertive (will and can take charge now and then), romantic, a lady and most important…Considerate and Chemistry must be at play. So am I asking too much? OK Probably getting to picky.

Now, I thought I might of met that special lady on a dive trip a few months ago (and she fit all that criteria and more)…..Well once she sobered up from a couple glasses (or so)…..of Champagne… She then came to her senses and forgot my e-mail address! :dltears: Oh well…….But I endeavor to pursue!!! LOL :usflag:
You must endeavor to pursue!

#129 steelemagnolia6

steelemagnolia6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Location:Tennessee but my heart belongs to the Lone Star State!
  • Cert Level:Advanced, NITROX, Getting Ready to go tech
  • Logged Dives:Not enough, never enough!!

Posted 22 May 2005 - 10:38 AM

sweetie, I've never met you but I think that some lady would be very lucky to get you!!!

I'm sure that there is some great gal out there that will meet most of your requirements and that you'd meet most of hers. I think being flexible might help!

Good Luck and I hope that you find her or she finds you!! Keep us posted so that we can dance with joy for you!!!
Kay

Life is a matter of luck, and the odds in favor of success are in no way enhanced by extreme caution... Erich Topp WW II U Boat Commander

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users