• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Online dating

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#76 steelemagnolia6

steelemagnolia6

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Location:Tennessee but my heart belongs to the Lone Star State!
  • Cert Level:Advanced, NITROX, Getting Ready to go tech
  • Logged Dives:Not enough, never enough!!

Posted 07 May 2005 - 11:06 PM

lol.. Briny.. happy hunting!!!!
Kay

Life is a matter of luck, and the odds in favor of success are in no way enhanced by extreme caution... Erich Topp WW II U Boat Commander

#77 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 12:24 PM

If anyone wants to visit my Match.com profile, my name there is Lacrosse39.  I will take any comments in the spirit of constructiveness.

Hey Hipshot,

I checked out your profile and quite liked it! You come across very well - smart, funny, down-to-earth, likeable, etc. I do have a few suggestions though. If you like, I will PM them to you.

:lmao:

#78 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 02:02 PM

Lets say I am in that photo class and I meet that cute 22 yr old who's still in school. I would expect to pay as I remember what it's like to be the poor and starving college student.

Heeyy!! :lmao: I didn't write anything about meeting a 22 year old in that photography class! I was hoping you'd meet a 'career woman' in your own age group for that "50 year one night stand" - not a 'sorority sister'! :cool2:

This brings up another topic related to online dating that hasn't been mentioned yet . . .

I find it interesting, but not surprising, that when I've perused men's ads, so many in my age group (mid 30s) are willing to go out with 18 year olds, yet they write they're looking for a serious relationship. (The age range would be listed as 18 to 35, for example, if the guy is 35.) If I were responding to ads, I personally wouldn't be too comfortable going out with a guy who is willing to date someone almost half his age, especially when she's only 18!

As well, I doubt there are as many women as men who are 35 that are willing to consider an 18 year old for a 'serious' relationship. Am I wrong?

#79 WillDiveForBeer

WillDiveForBeer

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW and Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:52

Posted 09 May 2005 - 03:19 PM

Lets say I am in that photo class and I meet that cute 22 yr old who's still in school. I would expect to pay as I remember what it's like to be the poor and starving college student.

Heeyy!! :lmao: I didn't write anything about meeting a 22 year old in that photography class! I was hoping you'd meet a 'career woman' in your own age group for that "50 year one night stand" - not a 'sorority sister'! :cool2:

This brings up another topic related to online dating that hasn't been mentioned yet . . .

I find it interesting, but not surprising, that when I've perused men's ads, so many in my age group (mid 30s) are willing to go out with 18 year olds, yet they write they're looking for a serious relationship. (The age range would be listed as 18 to 35, for example, if the guy is 35.) If I were responding to ads, I personally wouldn't be too comfortable going out with a guy who is willing to date someone almost half his age, especially when she's only 18!

As well, I doubt there are as many women as men who are 35 that are willing to consider an 18 year old for a 'serious' relationship. Am I wrong?

I'm only 28, so 22 years old is within the age range of serious relationship age for me. What is the definition of a serious relationship? If you are 35, maybe for you serious is looking for a guy to marry since you only have a few years left of safe preproduction. For myself, I'm not looking to meet soemone so in 2 years I can be married and have kids. I am looking to have a meaningful relationship, committed and share in each other's life. If it leads to marriage it does, but I won't be disappointed if it doesn't.

Maybe for the 35 year old, he is looking for a serious relationship but at the same time, wouldn't mind feeling young again having fun with an 18 yr old. I'll be honest, if I met a nice, attractive 18 year old who was into me, I'd date her. Maybe it would just last 6 months, maybe 2 years, who knows, but I would. Maybe at 18 she'd be very mature and give me what I want as a companion or maybe it would just be phenominal sex, or maybe none of the above and then it wouldn't last. That doesn't mean I wouldn't be committed to her during that time, maybe just not as serious of a relationship you are looking for.

-Mike-

#80 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 03:36 PM

I'm only 28, so 22 years old is within the age range of serious relationship age for me. What is the definition of a serious relationship? If you are 35, maybe for you serious is looking for a guy to marry since you only have a few years left of safe preproduction.

My mistake - I thought you were in your early 30s (32ish) rather than 28.

As for the definition of a 'serious' relationship - that's up to the interpreter, I guess.

I AM 35, by the way, but since I'm not interested in having children, it doesn't matter to me when I find that 'special someone'. As for my thoughts on even finding a relationship, I expressed them earlier in my musings on why people do online dating; my approach is to be open to people and situations when they present themselves, rather than 'shop' for them.

Another question . . . how many 18 year old females would even want to date a 35 year old 'man'? ( I did an informal survey here at work, and of the three women asked, all said "No!" They wouldn't even have considered it at that age. "35? Over the hill!" Current ages: 35, 33, 24.)

#81 BabyDuck

BabyDuck

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:60+

Posted 09 May 2005 - 06:22 PM

ummm, i did. i was 17, he was 38, didn't last - what, you're surprised? great at shagging, though - the southern kind, not the british kind. not that that was bad, either. i'm not doing myself any favors, am i? i'll shut up now.

#82 steelemagnolia6

steelemagnolia6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 06:59 PM

oh no baby duck not shagging on the BLVD????
Kay

Life is a matter of luck, and the odds in favor of success are in no way enhanced by extreme caution... Erich Topp WW II U Boat Commander

#83 WillDiveForBeer

WillDiveForBeer

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW and Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:52

Posted 09 May 2005 - 07:40 PM

I'm only 28, so 22 years old is within the age range of serious relationship age for me. What is the definition of a serious relationship? If you are 35, maybe for you serious is looking for a guy to marry since you only have a few years left of safe preproduction.

My mistake - I thought you were in your early 30s (32ish) rather than 28.

As for the definition of a 'serious' relationship - that's up to the interpreter, I guess.

I AM 35, by the way, but since I'm not interested in having children, it doesn't matter to me when I find that 'special someone'. As for my thoughts on even finding a relationship, I expressed them earlier in my musings on why people do online dating; my approach is to be open to people and situations when they present themselves, rather than 'shop' for them.

Another question . . . how many 18 year old females would even want to date a 35 year old 'man'? ( I did an informal survey here at work, and of the three women asked, all said "No!" They wouldn't even have considered it at that age. "35? Over the hill!" Current ages: 35, 33, 24.)

But the girls who are 18 today are different than the girls who were 18 when you and your toher co-worlers were 18. I know quite a few 18 yr olds (some are now 20 and 21) who are into older guys. None have been with anyone who's 35, but they have been with late 20's. I have a friend who's younger cousin just turned 16, has been on the pill for almost a year and has been having sex for over a year already. You need to do a survey of girls who are 18 today and see how mabye older guys they would want to date and how old is too old for them.

On a side note, if you look at the 18 year old girls today, I don't blame a 35 yr old for wanting to hook up with one, they are 18 going on 30.

-Mike-

#84 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 08:39 PM

I have a friend who's younger cousin just turned 16, has been on the pill for almost a year and has been having sex for over a year already. You need to do a survey of girls who are 18 today and see how mabye older guys they would want to date and how old is too old for them.

On a side note, if you look at the 18 year old girls today, I don't blame a 35 yr old for wanting to hook up with one, they are 18 going on 30.

-Mike-

Well I must say I'm not all that interested in looking at 18 year old girls so I'll take your word for it. (Now if it were 18 year old males. . . :welcome:)

But regarding your comment on the 16 year old having sex and the 18 year olds going on 30 . . .
Sure, one is having sex and the others 'appear' to be going on 30, but how mature are they in actuality? They may be sexually mature, but what about mentally and emotionally? There are many 'adults' that are mentally and emotionally immature, but at least (hopefully) they've gained some sort of experience in their lives that might better prepare them for a 'real' relationship; not just one based on sexual gratification. Which is not to say an 18 year old is solely out looking to get laid, but they might not be looking for a 'real' relationship either at this stage. Mind you, the 35 year old guy chasing after them possibly isn't looking for one either.

Again, just two more of those dreaded Canadian pennies . . . :diver:

#85 Sophia

Sophia

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced and Rebreather
  • Logged Dives:100?

Posted 10 May 2005 - 09:04 AM

ummm, i did. i was 17, he was 38, didn't last - what, you're surprised? great at shagging, though - the southern kind, not the british kind. not that that was bad, either. i'm not doing myself any favors, am i? i'll shut up now.

I'm really wondering. What is the Southern kind of shagging?

#86 RichardB

RichardB

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • Cert Level:Private
  • Logged Dives:Private

Posted 10 May 2005 - 10:06 AM

I'm really wondering. What is the Southern kind of shagging?

The Shag is a dance.

#87 steelemagnolia6

steelemagnolia6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 10:51 AM

nothing like an evening spent shagging at some of the nights spots at Myrtle Beach.... :wakawaka:
Kay

#88 Sophia

Sophia

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced and Rebreather
  • Logged Dives:100?

Posted 10 May 2005 - 09:37 PM

I'm really wondering.  What is the Southern kind of shagging?

The Shag is a dance.

Thanks, I really didn't know. I'll take the European version any day.

#89 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 10 May 2005 - 10:00 PM

I'm really wondering.  What is the Southern kind of shagging?

The Shag is a dance.

Thanks, I really didn't know. I'll take the European version any day.

Really? Can I come over? :D
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#90 Easy_Diver

Easy_Diver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 12 May 2005 - 11:16 AM

In my estimation, online dating can at times become like taking on a second job!

...Though it does expand your options in re: to meeting people that you simply might not otherwise encounter...

I must day- I have some pretty ***insane online dating stories; if I had the extra time, I swear I'd write a book!

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users