• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

What's Your Sign?

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#31 blacklatexozdiver

blacklatexozdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Board Status:-
  • Cert Level:OW, Drysuit, Underwater Naturalist
  • Logged Dives:16 (pretty hard to dive where there's no water...)

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:14 PM

Definately a scorpio. My friend did an analysis on my signs - Scorpio sun and moon, gemini rising. I fit the descriptions to a tee.
"Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love." Albert Einstein

SD's Aussie Connection.

#32 kevininpo

kevininpo

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:40 PM

I am a Gemini. Couldn't have described myself better...

me too!
if it ain't broke, fix it till it is
what if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about?

#33 annasea

annasea

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 10:05 PM

Ha ha...thanks Annasea... :) Don't worry about me selling myself short...at times I tightrope that line between confidence & arrogance...  :teeth: As far as smarts goes...somehow God has blessed both myself & my sister with a brain. Neither of my parents went to college...but somehow...I ended up going to the United States Military Academy & my sister ended up at Harvard...so I'm pretty confident that I'm not a complete idiot...  :teeth: And when it comes to relationships...I know I have a lot to offer to any woman...although I'm not entirely sold on my looks...but I know that there is a lot more to how a woman is attracted to a man than just his looks alone...so although I am somewhat shy...I am still brimming with confidence on most occasions... :)

Kawika, you sound like such a sweetie! And you appear to know your strengths and weaknesses -- very appealing to worthwhile women. :teeth:

As for college, it certainly helps but I'll quote Oscar Wilde here if I may:

"Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught."

Or, as I like to think of it:
There are plenty of people that are *smart* in school, but *stupid* in life. :lmao:

As for the ladies . . . if one is basing you primarily on your looks, and unfortunately some do, then she certainly isn't worth the time of a man such as yourself. Looks fade with age, even on men, and you have truckloads of *real* qualities in your favour! (But I still think you're cute anyway! :D)

And good for you for being *shy*! :teeth: We're a rare breed! And the fact that you're confident on top of the shyness/introvertedness/mysteriousness, probably would add to your appeal, I'd think. Not to the masses perhaps, but to the women that recognise quality when they see it!

Damn extroverts! Who needs 'em?! :lmao:

#34 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master - Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:33 PM

Interesting....

I used to be into the Metaphysical world and in looking back over relationships I noted that the best ones were bunching up under the same sign and the other signs never appeared...

So, I happen to think there is a relationship between them. So I can usually breath a "Sigh" of relief if the signs don't match up favorably...

heheh.. of course when they do???... it's "oh ma Gawd, what's going to happen now...." and take a deep breath... :teeth:

But I do believe there is a Nudge in the compatibility areas... so I pay attention to it... doesn't' mean any disqualification, just not able to jump in with both feet blindfolded...
fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.
Shooting (photos) the Great Nor'West

www.poolesweb.com/

#35 peterbj7

peterbj7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:over 4000

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:39 PM

An Aquarian Pig.

Don't say it.....

#36 Kawika

Kawika

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Open Water & Enriched Air Diver
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 30 June 2005 - 08:41 AM

Hey Annasea...

Thanks for the compliments! I think I'm a sweetie too... :2cool: And through my recent separation from my wife...I was forced to do a real hard look at myself to see what areas of my life needed extra attention...so while I may seem like I've got it all together...I'd like to think that I am a work in progress... :2cool: I know that if I follow down the same path that God is leading me down right now...things for me will only get better.

I know what you mean about the differences between people who are book smart versus those with just plain old good common sense. Luckily...I think I am blessed with a little of both...but I do remember on several occasions during my time at West Point where I met a lot of people who were exceptional with academics...but weak in other areas...and I think that's what makes all of us unique.

I also relate to you regarding the primary use of looks to determine who a person will or will not go out with...and while it isn't the only thing I consider when dating someone...it is a factor for me. I've also been one to subscribe to the "looks fade with age" idea...and that is why I primarily focus on a person's face when it comes to looks...in my mind...I am considering whether or not I can imagine myself looking into this person's face for the rest of my life...seeing her each time I wake up in the morning & seeing her each night before I fall asleep. While I do enjoy a woman with curves...I'm not that picky when it comes to a specific type of woman...I've come to realize that all woman are beautiful in their own way...and for the most part...if you treat them well in your relationship...their beauty will only grow over time.

As for being shy...it's really just my initial personality...when I take personality tests...I actually come back as an extrovert. I just tend to listen more than I speak...and I like to get a feel for the people in the group or the other person before I just open up...but when I do feel comfortable enough to open up to another person...I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve & I am open to discuss most any topic. I think it also coincides with my preference to have a select few friends that I am really close to as opposed to having a multitude of friends that I can only enjoy superficial relationships with.

Kawika
Kawika Iida
Sugar Land, TX
Christian
United States Military Academy Class of 1995 "With Honor We Strive..." F1/F4
"Do not go where the path may lead...go instead where there is no path and leave a trail..."

Anyone looking to rent a room in Sugar Land, TX?

#37 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 08:55 AM

As for being shy...it's really just my initial personality...when I take personality tests...I actually come back as an extrovert. I just tend to listen more than I speak...and I like to get a feel for the people in the group or the other person before I just open up...but when I do feel comfortable enough to open up to another person...I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve & I am open to discuss most any topic. I think it also coincides with my preference to have a select few friends that I am really close to as opposed to having a multitude of friends that I can only enjoy superficial relationships with.

Me too!!! (Except about the extrovert part. I've done the Myers-Briggs and Kiersey Temperament Sorter tests and although they vary occasionally, I'm still an *introvert*, but more for the reasons you listed regarding relating to people initially.)

*Great minds* strikes again! :blink:

Edited by annasea, 02 July 2005 - 01:02 PM.

#38 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 30 June 2005 - 09:11 AM

Blublood

If a Sagg mates and concieves with a Gemini would you get two of me

:blink:

:) Gawd I hope not !!! one of you is enough.

B2B
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#39 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 05:53 PM

1%-er
INTJ
Scorpio...

Got enough problems?? hehehh..
fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.

www.poolesweb.com/

#40 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:44 PM

INTJ

:-D :teeth: :-D

OMG! Are you referring to either the Myers-Briggs or the Kiersey Temperament Sorter here???

If so, I'm one too!

(I've never seen those initials anywhere else so please excuse my excitement and surprise, Frank.)

Edited by annasea, 02 July 2005 - 01:03 PM.

#41 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:51 PM

Yup, that's it.. fergit which test (Meyers?)it was.. but INTJ and close to another one, but this was the predominate one... ( I remember it as it's like "In Tjuanna, Mexico (spell?)- where I've spent a few times in my mis-spent youth)
Taken it several times thoughout life and has alway come out the same...

You're one too?? heheh... I knew we had something in common when you walked into the room at the Pizza Place... Suppose you're a cancer too?? (but I'm thinking Scorpio too)...
Hehheheh.. like the old pickup lines eh??? :-D
fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.

www.poolesweb.com/

#42 Marion1336

Marion1336

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:43

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:58 PM

I'm an ISTJ. :-D We should find the link and post it for people to check out! I find that a bit more informative than astrological signs.
To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.
-David Viscott

#43 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 30 June 2005 - 07:03 PM

I'm an ISTJ. :-D We should find the link and post it for people to check out! I find that a bit more informative than astrological signs.

LOL! I'm an INTJ- wish I still had the extensive analysis for the test I took years ago- the full-blown version with hundreds of questions... :teeth:
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#44 David Evans

David Evans

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 07:04 PM

I'm an INFP...
"They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep."
Psalms 107:23-24

#45 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 07:13 PM

I'm an ISTJ.  :-D We should find the link and post it for people to check out!  I find that a bit more informative than astrological signs.

LOL! I'm an INTJ- wish I still had the extensive analysis for the test I took years ago- the full-blown version with hundreds of questions... :lmao:

Marion . . . Good :lmao:!!! (I agree with your astrology statement as well. Go figure! :lmao:)

Marvel . . . I just knew there was a reason I enjoyed your posts so much! :lmao:

Frank . . . Thx for bringing this up! :teeth:

And David . . . Well, 2 outta 4 ain't bad. (Close enough for me!) :-D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users