• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

When do you wish...

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#151 David Evans

David Evans

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 12:16 AM

That strength has to start and end with me, because in the end, that's all I, or anyone else, really has.

Sticking to my hackneyed and altruistic nature, it's my belief that in the end, all we really have is the capacity to love each other, and it's in how well we utilize that capacity that our final score will be tallied.

:banghead:

-d
"They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep."
Psalms 107:23-24

#152 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 26 July 2005 - 08:04 AM

David- very good statement.

I have loved and lost a number of times in my life. The losses have never stopped me from loving again, or in many cases continuing the love for those I've "lost" as lovers but not as friends.

#153 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 08:58 AM

That strength has to start and end with me, because in the end, that's all I, or anyone else, really has.

Sticking to my hackneyed and altruistic nature, it's my belief that in the end, all we really have is the capacity to love each other, and it's in how well we utilize that capacity that our final score will be tallied.

:cheerleader:

Now David,

I know what you're writing about, but I must point out that you quoted me out of context. Please note what followed right before the sentence you quoted:

I don't want to be one of those people that remains in an unhappy situation primarily because I've become too accustomed to relying on someone else -- whether it be financially, emotionally, mentally, or physically. That strength has to start and end with me, because in the end, that's all I, or anyone else, really has.

:cool1:

#154 David Evans

David Evans

• PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 09:03 AM

I know what you're writing about, but I must point out that you quoted me out of context.

Indeed I did darlin'. :cheerleader:
"They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep."
Psalms 107:23-24

#155 Marion1336

Marion1336

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:43

Posted 26 July 2005 - 09:20 AM

Marion - just remember that this is why AAA was invented! :teeth:

:wakawaka: I thought calling the auto service for a flat while stranded at home wasn't necessary. I'm sure if I hadn't allowed my Amish Acorn Association membership to lapse, the situation could have been resolved immediately. Oh well, I'll learn next time. :birthday:
To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.
-David Viscott

#156 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 26 July 2005 - 09:53 AM

And remember, just because you are capable doesn't mean you have to! :birthday:

#157 ryoung99

ryoung99

Getting started

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 26 July 2005 - 03:23 PM

Sunshinediver,

You win! That was the correct answer. I always wish to have a person of the opposite sex around that can turn a wrench!

Regardless of any other faults one might have, to a guy that races there is nothing better in a significant other than mechanical ability.

When we come out to Florida to show the guys on the east coast how to race, I would be honored if you would attend as an honorary crew member. The guys in Florida have not invited us back since we whipped them at the National Championships in '03.

Rick

#158 sunshinediver

sunshinediver

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor trainer with SEI and CMAS; HSA (divers with disabilities) and DAN instructor; tech
  • Logged Dives:2312

Posted 26 July 2005 - 03:52 PM

Hi Rick, what a great response! :birthday:

I can turn the tables here...Regardless of any other faults one might have, to a girl that races there is nothing better in a significant other than mechanical ability.

I'd love to come to the races, especially as an honorary crew member. Tell me more! :wakawaka:

#159 ryoung99

ryoung99

Getting started

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 26 July 2005 - 04:41 PM

Thanks, I would love to tell you more, but not at the expense of hi-jacking this post. As a newby that would be a bad idea.

Apparently I do not have any rights yet, as I cannot send you a pm either.

So if you are truly interested, go to my "intro" post and I will tell you more (since that is my thread, at least I think it is).

Rick

#160 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 26 July 2005 - 04:47 PM

or..... you could just start a new thread on this topic in "non-diving related topics" :dance:

Of course, if you would like those PM privileges, all you have to do is pay the $25 annual fee which will be "refunded" on the first SD trip that you take! For more information on various membership levels at SD, go here:

Membership Levels

:dance:

#161 Hipshot

Hipshot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 26 July 2005 - 06:42 PM

As we're discussing (among other things) the things that women think that men are good for, I can't help but think of the words of that esteemed American philosopher, Al Bundy:

We're all morons. It goes with being a man. From the first little worm they dare us to eat to the last big shovelful of snow they convince us we can move, we are nothing more to women than an amusement park ride with life insurance.

Rick

Never do tequila shooters within a country mile of a marriage chapel.--Al Bundy

#162 ddierolf

ddierolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Cert Level:Padi Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 26 July 2005 - 07:05 PM

Apparently I do not have any rights yet,

Your a guy, of course we don't have any rights... your just finding that out now??? :dance: :dance: :cool1:

Which end is up?

#163 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 26 July 2005 - 07:20 PM

As we're discussing (among other things) the things that women think that men are good for, I can't help but think of the words of that esteemed American philosopher, Al Bundy:

We're all morons. It goes with being a man. From the first little worm they dare us to eat to the last big shovelful of snow they convince us we can move, we are nothing more to women than an amusement park ride with life insurance.

Rick

God love Al Bundy. :dance: :cool1:

#164 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 26 July 2005 - 07:27 PM

we are nothing more to women than an amusement park ride with life insurance.

I love amusement park rides.. :dance:
I never made the man=amusement park ride connection before. Thanks I think that explains many things.

And love your advice on Tequila shooters.. got to watch that stuff.. It has been know to have adverse effects..
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#165 ddierolf

ddierolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Cert Level:Padi Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 26 July 2005 - 10:12 PM

And love your advice on Tequila shooters.. got to watch that stuff.. It has been know to have adverse effects..

Care to demonstrate sometime???

Which end is up?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users