• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

When do you wish...

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#166 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 26 July 2005 - 10:24 PM

Care to demonstrate sometime???

hmmmmm trying to behave.. trying to behave.............there is a reason I do not take SD trips.... :cool2:
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#167 ryoung99

ryoung99

Getting started

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 26 July 2005 - 11:02 PM

Thanks CMT.

Done. $25 is very inexpensive.

Rick

#168 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 26 July 2005 - 11:03 PM

(DavidEvans)Don't misunderstand:  I'm all for equal treatment in the workplace, and for sharing responsibilities with my mate.  But I guess I just don't understand the fascination with being "independent", when "interdependent" seems like so much more fun.

Annasea hit the nail on the head with this one earlier. My take is slightly different, yet so much the same. I became independent out of necessity. I was a mother of three very young children left to provide for them and raise them on my own. Now that I've done it, the last thing I want is for someone to come along and tell me how I'm going to conduct the balance of my days, or cause me to conduct them in a certain way for fear of being alone. Some will say that independence is power, but not to me. Independence is security, confidence and an achievement that I cherish. I am proud of what I've done and proud of what I can do. I'll let no one take that from me again. "Again" yes, I've allowed that to happen and I learned. :cool2:

(DavidEvans)Succeed, yes.  Have goals for yourself, yes.  Win battles on your own merits, yes.  Be your own person, yes.  But ladies, don't try to be a man.  We're pretty screwed up.  I like you much better in being yourselves.

Do you "really" know who we are? Really? It seems to me that many of our threads deal with topics focused on understanding the opposite sex.

When you realize that we are all individuals, with completely different ideas on how things are or should be; and that we are all learning and changing constantly, you will begin to know us individually as people instead of a category (women). Then you can say "I like you much better being youself."

BTW - I don't need anybody's blessing to succeed, have goals, be my own person, etc. But thank you just the same. :diver:

Edited by Twinklez, 26 July 2005 - 11:06 PM.

#169 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 26 July 2005 - 11:11 PM

LOL!!! Be careful what you wish for, Scott! There's some pretty feisty females here! (Present company excluded of course.)

Don't believe her Scott; she's as feisty as the rest of us if not more! Hey...who's this Bukowski guy anyway...lol. :P

Hey Wise Woman,

Coming from you . . . *feisty* is quite the compliment! :cool2: And one I extend to you as well! :diver:

As for Charles Bukowski ... he is probably my absolute favourite writer. Poetry, novels, essays, short stories...he does (or did -- he died a few years ago :dltears:) it all. He's not to everyone's taste, but if you're hooked, you're hooked for life! If you're looking for a novel, I'd start with "Post Office" or "Ham on Rye". Pretty much everything he writes is *autobiographical*. (The movie "Barfly" was based on his life, but don't start there -- it's not that great a film.) The epitaph on his tombstone reads... "Don't Try"

Thank you Annasea!

Looks like I need to visit the bookstore before I board the plane tomorrow. :)

#170 David Evans

David Evans

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 01:17 AM

And love your advice on Tequila shooters.. got to watch that stuff.. It has been know to have adverse effects..

Isn't that the whole idea? :diver: :) :cool2:
"They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep."
Psalms 107:23-24

#171 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 27 July 2005 - 07:35 AM

Again David you are correct.. that is the idea...
But trying to only keep those good memories in my head. LOL
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#172 ddierolf

ddierolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Cert Level:Padi Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 27 July 2005 - 09:41 AM

Again David you are correct.. that is the idea...
But trying to only keep those good memories in my head. LOL

After Tequila, I am supprised you can keep any memories in your head! :o

You know, you wake the next morning saying WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE???? Not that that ever happens. I have just heard that it happens. :lmao:

Which end is up?

#173 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 27 July 2005 - 09:59 AM

You know, you wake the next morning saying WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE???? Not that that ever happens. I have just heard that it happens. :o

So confused.... Have never heard of this scenario before... :lmao: :diver:

#174 ddierolf

ddierolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Cert Level:Padi Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 27 July 2005 - 10:24 AM

You know, you wake the next morning saying WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE???? Not that that ever happens. I have just heard that it happens. :o

So confused.... Have never heard of this scenario before... :lmao: :diver:

Ok, so you didn't say it, but I know you thought it!!!! :clapping:

Which end is up?

#175 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 27 July 2005 - 06:11 PM

You know, you wake the next morning saying WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE???? Not that that ever happens. I have just heard that it happens. :lmao:

So confused.... Have never heard of this scenario before... :fish2: :teeth:

Must admit that despite living through the drug crazed 60's and 70's and the alcohol crazed 80's and 90's, I never lived through this scenario either. I always knew who I woke up with (most of the time it was just me, or me and my dog). Sometimes I didn't want to wake up with them, but I did know who they were!

#176 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 27 July 2005 - 07:57 PM

You know, you wake the next morning saying WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE???? Not that that ever happens. I have just heard that it happens. :evilgrin:

So confused.... Have never heard of this scenario before... :welcome: :welcome:

Must admit that despite living through the drug crazed 60's and 70's and the alcohol crazed 80's and 90's, I never lived through this scenario either. I always knew who I woke up with (most of the time it was just me, or me and my dog). Sometimes I didn't want to wake up with them, but I did know who they were!

I never had the coyote ugly encounter either. :welcome:

#177 Scott

Scott

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1000+ (I have fallen into a bad habbit of only logging dives not involved with work lately.)

Posted 29 July 2005 - 08:20 PM

And a notice from a gal with Charles Bukowki quote in her signature.

Do you read Bukowski as well? :banghead: I notice you also admire Joseph Campbell ... :cool1: again!

I think I'll like it here!

I reckon you will definitely like it here. :) I know we'll enjoy having you here! Great posts ... keep 'em coming!!

Yep, I've read everything I have been able to find and although some of the horse racing stuff gets a little dry I love his writing for the most part.

Joseph Campbell is truly one of my heros, though...I studied comparative mythology as part of my Ethno-Botany research and he was so brilliant...he was able to clearly state things that I aleady understood but could not put into words...at least not as elloquently.

Now, back to those sticks! I'm moving this weekend but as soon as I get all of those bills paid off I'll get a membership here so I can start getting messages! We'll see how many of you I'm fighting off!

Thanks again for such a warm welcome, everyone.
A gal at a bar recently told me I was acting weird...I told her,
" I bet you would act even more weird than me if you were 5 atmospheres higher than you prefer."
She didn't get it.
Her loss.

#178 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 30 July 2005 - 12:19 AM

Wow, how did I miss that Annasea likes Joseph Campbell? "Follow your bliss" is my motto. Campbell was part of a group that included my marine biological icon (Edward F. "Doc" Ricketts of Cannery Row fame), John Steinbeck, Henry Miller and indirectly my favorite poet (Robinson Jeffers). They were all awesome in their own way. Wish I could have attended some of the marathon parties that group threw at Ed's lab!

#179 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 July 2005 - 07:48 AM

Thanks CMT.

Done. $25 is very inexpensive.

Rick

:2cool: And welcome! I'll also welcome you in your intro thread...and do tell us more about the race car stuff...-ww

** We now return you to your regularily scheduled discussion on the opposite sex

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#180 Scott

Scott

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1000+ (I have fallen into a bad habbit of only logging dives not involved with work lately.)

Posted 30 July 2005 - 05:08 PM

Wow, how did I miss that Annasea likes Joseph Campbell? "Follow your bliss" is my motto. Campbell was part of a group that included my marine biological icon (Edward F. "Doc" Ricketts of Cannery Row fame), John Steinbeck, Henry Miller and indirectly my favorite poet (Robinson Jeffers). They were all awesome in their own way. Wish I could have attended some of the marathon parties that group threw at Ed's lab!

I'm with you! What a great trip that must have been! Just add Buckminster-Fuller and you're fully complimented!
A gal at a bar recently told me I was acting weird...I told her,
" I bet you would act even more weird than me if you were 5 atmospheres higher than you prefer."
She didn't get it.
Her loss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users