• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

When do you wish...

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#46 annasea

annasea

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 11:53 PM

dusting I just skip

:cheerleader: Ah! So THAT'S the secret to dusting -- just skip it altogether!

Thx, drbill! I shall apply this newfound wisdom when next the dust bunnies obscure every horizontal surface above the knee in my rabbit hutch of an apartment.

As for below the knee, I will confidently assume your solution to vacuuming is the same as the one regarding dusting.

:teeth: :teeth:

#47 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 06 July 2005 - 06:34 AM

dusting I just skip

:teeth: Ah! So THAT'S the secret to dusting -- just skip it altogether!

Thx, drbill! I shall apply this newfound wisdom when next the dust bunnies obscure every horizontal surface above the knee in my rabbit hutch of an apartment.

As for below the knee, I will confidently assume your solution to vacuuming is the same as the one regarding dusting.

:teeth: :P

No no no! The REAL secret is to hire a cleaning service. My one luxury in life :cheerleader:

#48 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 06 July 2005 - 06:40 AM

I miss two things the most... snuggling with a woman I really love, just holding her and talking... about us, our dives, our dreams.

I think I can agree here. Though I'd prefer to snuggle with a man. :teeth: I kind of miss the companionship the most. Like last night, driving home from work, I knew my son was going out with his friends and I would have the place to myself. Normally, I relish those times because my place seems to be the hangout place for teens, and man, can that get NOISY!! But last night, I really wished I had boyfriend so we could go out to dinner and just hang out. Have some intellectually stimulating conversation and a good meal together. Then we could snuggle, and I definitely wouldn't have turned down any sex. Especially if I had had a couple of glasses of wine.
But as it was, I went on the computer and found the trip to NC in August. And I just might go if there's room. :cheerleader:

#49 Kawika

Kawika

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Open Water & Enriched Air Diver
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 06 July 2005 - 09:51 AM

I can sympathize with you...since my wife & I separated...I have had lots of moments when I just wish she was there to talk to or to just have her put her head in my lap while I was reading a book...lots of little things that I miss a lot that I took for granted in the past. Snuggling together in bed was always great as well...and I don't think I have ever turned down sex with my wife through out our time together...so I definitely miss tha as well. Instead of being down about it though...I just realize that this is a time in my life when God wants me to focus on other things to help me grow into the man that He wants me to be...and hopefully in His own perfect timing...He will find a time to bring my wife & I back together so we can enjoy our marriage in a way that He wanted us to from the very start.

K
Kawika Iida
Sugar Land, TX
Christian
United States Military Academy Class of 1995 "With Honor We Strive..." F1/F4
"Do not go where the path may lead...go instead where there is no path and leave a trail..."

Anyone looking to rent a room in Sugar Land, TX?

#50 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 06 July 2005 - 10:00 AM

Actually I have a totally different attitude towards vacuuming. For some reason the hallway always gets filled with my housemate Iris' long dark hairs (on white tile), so I often keep the vacuum cleaner out of the closet to keep the floors clean. I should ask her to do it, but I don't have any real problem with vacuuming now that I've discovered you have to change the bag every few decades.

#51 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 10:03 AM

And that is when you wish the other person was around. To kiss your booboo and tell you everything is ok!

I'll second that since one of my nicknames given over the years is "booboo" (my high school students gave that one to me years ago and still use it, as do some of their kids!).

#52 ddierolf

ddierolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Cert Level:Padi Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 06 July 2005 - 12:54 PM

I'll second that since one of my nicknames given over the years is "booboo" (my high school students gave that one to me years ago and still use it, as do some of their kids!).

So BooBoo, How is Yogi and Mr. Ranger Doing??? :dance:

Which end is up?

#53 sfret

sfret

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:70+

Posted 06 July 2005 - 01:33 PM

OK folks. How do I get access to all this. I guess I'm not a member and not experienced at this messaging thing.

To the subject.....yes, it would be nice have a gal around once in a while. At this point, she'd have to know how to CONNECT ME TO THIS FORUM.

I tell you what. You get me back into this online communication thing and I'll flip your mattress. I've done that the last 3 years. But not the chatting.

(and they used to call me the computer wizard .... when Prodigy was king LOL)

:lam:

You may have to email me or yahoo chat me to get me rolling......ANYBODY.
"Can't we all just get along?" -Rodney King

#54 yaj12795

yaj12795

Getting started

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water- working on Advanced
  • Logged Dives:50+

Posted 07 July 2005 - 03:47 PM

Well, the thing my gram always tells me is I am too self sufficient, what do I wish most of al of the opposite sex, a best friend....... That is the one thing they could give me.

#55 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 11:20 PM

... what do I wish most of al of the opposite sex, a best friend....... That is the one thing they could give me.

Good answer!

#56 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 13 July 2005 - 10:47 PM

Well, the thing my gram always tells me is I am too self sufficient, what do I wish most of al of the opposite sex, a best friend....... That is the one thing they could give me.

A best friend - over anything else!

I'm one of those too independent people as well. What I've been told, and my experience seems to collaborate, is that men aren't necessarily drawn to independent women. They admire them, but don't tend to "keep" them. I have heard that's it's because independent women don't allow a man to fill his need to be a provider, caretaker, or for lack of a better term...don't allow him to feed his ego.

A best friend - yes, that's what I'm missing.

Twinklez

#57 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 11:13 PM

What I've been told, and my experience seems to collaborate, is that men aren't necessarily drawn to independent women. 

:lmao: :wakawaka: :wakawaka:

From one independent woman to another . . . Say it ain't so, Twinklez! :(

Walter? . . . drbill? . . . David Evans? . . . (Hell, I'd even take Jex! :() . . . Someone?!

Please speak up and (politely and respectfully :D) contradict this lovely lady!

(Mind you, Twinklez did write *necessarily* . . . :teeth:)

Never mind. :P

Edited by annasea, 14 July 2005 - 12:33 AM.

#58 sfret

sfret

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Logged Dives:70+

Posted 14 July 2005 - 06:08 AM

Twinkles (and friends).

This divorcie has always tried to answer all those concerns I heard "Oh, I don't have anything of my own" or "I don't get to make decisions".

Some of us men consider it part of our duty to make decisions and protect. It's in our genes. It's our drudgery.

But, I've made it a practice (twice) to turn it over to them. Tell them to go buy their own new car without me making their deal. Open your own checking account. We'll keep a joint account to service our debts. That just wasn't enough. In psycho babble terms, it was people not accepting that it's teamwork (sheesh...civilians)!!!!

Never works. Bottom Line Up Front....If you want a man to hang out with and manage his life, come meet me. I'm exhausted from taking car of peoples problems, buring fathers and father in laws, managing family trusts, and holding the hands of my brothers and sisters when theirs a problem.

Kill my instinct, Damn it. I'd rather be walking around Epcot, Vegas, or even the mall. Invite me over next time I'm in DFW to see my grandparents. Oh, and I invite you to take me on a date (even a vacation) and pay for it. :lmao: :teeth:
"Can't we all just get along?" -Rodney King

#59 blacklatexozdiver

blacklatexozdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Board Status:-
  • Cert Level:OW, Drysuit, Underwater Naturalist
  • Logged Dives:16 (pretty hard to dive where there's no water...)

Posted 14 July 2005 - 06:47 AM

What I've been told, and my experience seems to collaborate, is that men aren't necessarily drawn to independent women. 

:-D :o :-D

From one independent woman to another . . . Say it ain't so, Twinklez! :(

Walter? . . . drbill? . . . David Evans? . . . (Hell, I'd even take Jex! :P) . . . Someone?!

Please speak up and (politely and respectfully :D) contradict this lovely lady!

(Mind you, Twinklez did write *necessarily* . . . :unsure:)

Never mind. :P

My former fiancée is quite independent.
"Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love." Albert Einstein

SD's Aussie Connection.

#60 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Logged Dives:300+ and counting!

Posted 14 July 2005 - 07:47 AM

My dear Miss annasea and Miss Twinklez,

While I certainly don't consider my gentlemanly wisdom to be of the caliber possessed by your aforementioned list of potential suitors (except maybe Jex :unsure: ...just kiddin' bro), I can readily assure you that there are those of us who not only prefer independent women, but actually seek them out!

Personally, there is nothing more sexy than a woman who is more intelligent than I am and has her own unique set of hobbies/interests that she can expose me too, as well as the ones we already share. In the perfect scenario, the man and woman are harmoniously equal... no one leads and no one follows... they walk side by side, hand in hand, the best of friends. When I am weak, she will be strong and help me regain my balance... when she is weak, I will reciprocate. I don't want someone with me because they NEED me, I want them with me because they have CHOSEN me. Alone, their life is still complete, but together, it is infinitely better. The two greatest joys in our lives will be pursuing our own dreams and helping to build each other's.

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users