• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

When do you wish...

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#61 Neptuner

Neptuner

I spend too much time on line

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+ and counting!

Posted 14 July 2005 - 08:06 AM

Now as for the real thread question, when do I wish the other sex was around? Well, there are many times, early in the morning, when I wake up and discover that I've got this... ummmmm... errr..... uhhhhhh... nevermind.

:unsure:

Okay, back to serious. Honestly, all the time. I really loved being married. Yeah, that may not be the popular response in certain circles, but it's true. I mean, let's face it... women are amazing people and they're fun to be with! They are much better at being practical, organized and thoughtful than we are... so what's not to like??? Whenever it is practical (ie: after the morning jog or whatever), the vast majority of them go to great lengths to ALWAYS look good... now how can you NOT love that??? They always smell so pretty and they look all curvy and delicious... mmmmm... puhhhlease... how could you not want one around all the time? I mean... you're walkin' through the house, doin' the laundry or somethin' and you walk by the den... she's sittin' in there studiously typing away at some special task... she's so focused and determined. Chances are it's something that will help you (ie: the family unit) in some way, but she pursues it with due diligence and sincere pride as she goes about getting it done, no matter how trivial or unimportant it may seem to you. Don't ya' just wanna walk up behind her and run your fingers through her hair real slowly... taking time to absorb the sweet fragrance of her flowing locks... maybe massage her soft shoulders while you tenderly caress her neck with your lips...

Yeah, I'm thinkin' all the time...

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#62 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master - Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 14 July 2005 - 08:14 AM

Ditto what "Neptuner" said..

My dear Miss annasea and Miss Twinklez,

I love independent women, love that they don't need to be taken care but smart enough to realize it's not a 'Power Trip" and they are smart enough to feel and believe it really is a "Team Effort" doing something nice for each other..

Take the guy on a trip, dinner, initiate things and don't "Sit and Wait for the Guy" to do something.. as sfret mentions..

There's a fine line between working together and both manipulating for power..
Fer git the power, just enjoy each other and treat each as an equal.. some strengths, some weaknesses and support for all of them... it's not that complicated on paper eh???

heheh.. I also think Smart Women with glasses is a real treat... dunno know why, sort of a hidden beauty???
Doh !!.. back to the cave... :unsure:

Edited by fbp, 14 July 2005 - 08:26 AM.

fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.
Shooting (photos) the Great Nor'West

www.poolesweb.com/

#63 wtxblaze

wtxblaze

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox,AOW
  • Logged Dives:103

Posted 14 July 2005 - 08:54 AM

One of the big things this summer that i miss not having that speacial gal in my life is not having a boat driver so i can get in the water and ski and tube. It still scares me for my 16 year old daughter to be behind the wheel.

#64 Guest_TexasStarfish_*

Guest_TexasStarfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2005 - 09:56 AM

I miss having some one to do things with. I'm really active between diving and skiing and hiking... Also, someone to snuggle with and go to the movies with. And I'm a huge baby when I get sick, so someone to take care of me. Is that too much to ask for? :birthday:

It gets lonely being single :dltears:

#65 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 10:07 AM

In the perfect scenario, the man and woman are harmoniously equal... no one leads and no one follows... they walk side by side, hand in hand, the best of friends.  When I am weak, she will be strong and help me regain my balance... when she is weak, I will reciprocate.  I don't want someone with me because they NEED me, I want them with me because they have CHOSEN me.  Alone, their life is still complete, but together, it is infinitely better.  The two greatest joys in our lives will be pursuing our own dreams and helping to build each other's.

:birthday: :respect: :respect: :D :clapping: :clapping:

:respect: :respect: :respect:

#66 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 14 July 2005 - 10:07 AM

Now as for the real thread question, when do I wish the other sex was around? Well, there are many times, early in the morning, when I wake up and discover that I've got this... ummmmm... errr..... uhhhhhh... nevermind.

:respect:

Until I was living with my future husband, I had no idea. :respect: You poor guys. It's just biological, isn't it? :birthday:

#67 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 10:09 AM

In the perfect scenario, the man and woman are harmoniously equal... no one leads and no one follows... they walk side by side, hand in hand, the best of friends.  When I am weak, she will be strong and help me regain my balance... when she is weak, I will reciprocate.  I don't want someone with me because they NEED me, I want them with me because they have CHOSEN me.  Alone, their life is still complete, but together, it is infinitely better.  The two greatest joys in our lives will be pursuing our own dreams and helping to build each other's.

Well, this is what I think too, but somehow, it doesn't seem to work out that way. But I can hope that there are other guys who truly believe this. That is, if you really meant what you said. :birthday:

Edited by Fairybasslet, 14 July 2005 - 10:27 AM.

#68 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 10:11 AM

Don't ya' just wanna walk up behind her and run your fingers through her hair real slowly... taking time to absorb the sweet fragrance of her flowing locks... maybe massage her soft shoulders while you tenderly caress her neck with your lips...

Yeah, I'm thinkin' all the time...

Don't you know that when you do this, she will yell at you for breaking her concentration and say to you "All you ever think about is sex? :birthday:

#69 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 14 July 2005 - 10:26 AM

It's not all men think about, but we do think about it often.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#70 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 10:29 AM

It's not all men think about, but we do think about it often.

Walter, as I'm sure you already know . . . the same goes for women! :birthday:

#71 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 10:47 AM

There's a fine line between working together and both manipulating for power..
Fer git the power, just enjoy each other and treat each as an equal.. some strengths, some weaknesses and support for all of them...

That's a great point, Frank! :birthday:

But as for your spectacles comment...

I also think Smart Women with glasses is a real treat... dunno know why, sort of a hidden beauty???

Nothing *hidden* about it! All it takes is the *right* style of rimless frames and Nikon non-glare lenses! :respect:

#72 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 12:12 PM

:wakawaka:  :clapping:

Thank you Miss annasea... it is always nice to get feedback, especially for those of us men who ARE smart enough to stop and ask for directions...

Well, this is what I think too, but somehow, it doesn't seem to work out that way. But I can hope that there are other guys who truly believe this. That is, if you really meant what you said.

I can assure you Miss Fairybasslet, I mean every word I say... and I won't settle for anything less that this kind of relationship... which is probably why I've been single now for 8 years. I'm sure you'll find another man who feels the same way. :)

Don't you know that when you do this, she will yell at you for breaking her concentration and say to you "All you ever think about is sex?

No... not if you treat her right. Besides, this was meant more as a precursor to sex. As a rule, women like a lot of physical attention that isn't always directly related to sex, but is frequent and intentional. You see passion is a lot like crockpot cooking... you put all the ingredients together in the morning, then you add the proper spices periodically, occasionally stir it and let it simmer nice and slow all day long... then by suppertime, it's an absolute delicacy.

Walter, as I'm sure you already know . . . the same goes for women!

This is absolutely true darlin', especially for women that are over the age of 30... and it's a wonderful thing.

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#73 David Evans

David Evans

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 12:23 PM

To distill this down to its essence:

I want to be needed, but I need to be wanted.

-d
"They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep."
Psalms 107:23-24

#74 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 12:25 PM

As always Sir David, the simplicity and wisdom of your words is appreciated. Thank you. :wakawaka:

TheScubaCowboy

#75 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 12:26 PM

As a rule, women like a lot of physical attention that isn't always directly related to sex, but is frequent and intentional. You see passion is a lot like crockpot cooking... you put all the ingredients together in the morning, then you add the proper spices periodically, occasionally stir it and let it simmer nice and slow all day long... then by suppertime, it's an absolute delicacy.

Well, that is true. But, if you constantly leave your dirty socks lying around the house, or wet towels on the bathroom floor, that's a big turn off. I used to tell my late husband, sex doesn't begin in the bedroom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users