• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2006: Let's Get Cozy for NY Eve! Cozumel that is!

• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

#196 sun50

sun50

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Cert Level:advanced, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:95

Posted 09 December 2005 - 04:41 PM

I'm VERY jealous of you lucky folks. It will be a great trip!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a great time and a fantastic NYE.
PS: Have a sample or two(or three or four) of the great tequila's for me!
Doug

#197 Desert_Diver

Desert_Diver

Everyone knows me

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI AOW, TDI Nitrox (does it really matter to you??)
  • Logged Dives:130 something

Posted 10 December 2005 - 01:28 PM

Any updates on the AA flights? I need a rough time for the return flight to DFW so I can rent a car, as I'm staying a few extra days to get some business sorted out. :usflag:

#198 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 10 December 2005 - 08:42 PM

Any updates on the AA flights? I need a rough time for the return flight to DFW so I can rent a car, as I'm staying a few extra days to get some business sorted out. :wacko:

The AA flight from Dallas to Cozumel leaves at 1106am and gets to there at 136pm; we return on the 6th of January from Cozumel at 240pm getting back to Dallas at 530pm

#199 finley

finley

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW (plus EMT Training)
  • Logged Dives:45

Posted 10 December 2005 - 08:59 PM

Any updates on the AA flights? I need a rough time for the return flight to DFW so I can rent a car, as I'm staying a few extra days to get some business sorted out. :wacko:

The AA flight from Dallas to Cozumel leaves at 1106am and gets to there at 136pm; we return on the 6th of January from Cozumel at 240pm getting back to Dallas at 530pm

and ya'll just have a good ole time while the rest of us in Houston.....well........PARTY :teeth:
who's leading this parade anyway?

#200 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 09:16 PM

and ya'll just have a good ole time while the rest of us in Houston.....well........PARTY :teeth:

well, we will party in Cozumel too...but we get to dive!!

#201 Sonny Beaches

Sonny Beaches

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Board Status:I be here
  • Cert Level:aow-nitrox
  • Logged Dives:over 100

Posted 11 December 2005 - 05:42 PM

I'm going :birthday: I arrive Friday dec. 30 @ 3:35pm I will leave Wed. Jan 4 @12.20 pm.
So it will be time to Party for New Years eve. And do not have toworry about drinking a driving. Plus We get
to start the year our right with a dive the first day of the year...... :-D :birthday: :lmao: In the warm Clear waters of Cozumel...

Who else if going to join the funnnnnnnnnnn, You know if Hawk is going to be there along with everyone else , there will be fun..... Still cheap tickets around, Co out of Houston. With tax $335.00. Also look into flying into Cancun and taking the ferry. Lots of cheap tickets for the people up north..
Lets fo rock Cozy!!!!! :twist:

#202 BeachBunny

BeachBunny

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:Not enough but I am working on it!

Posted 13 December 2005 - 06:06 PM

Even though I am not going with you guys I thought I would pass along this information I got from someone who just got back from Cozumel:

My dive buddy Scott and I just got back from a 1 week trip to Cozumel last Saturday (12/10). We did go diving with Caribbean Divers, although Cesar and Ruben had gone to Monterray for vacation, I guess. We dove on Esfuerzo, and the dive master was Allen. We were the only 2 people on the boat all week (we dove 4 days), but we did see some of the other operators with quite a few customers. We think they were mostly cruise ship customers. There were at least 3 ships anchored in Cozumel each day, so the tourists are coming, but only for day trips, and they are not getting much farther than the Plaza. At nights, things were very quiet.

We stayed at Hotel Aguilar, which we have stayed at the past 10 or 12 trips. It's just around the corner from the dive shop on calle 1 sur. Rooms are only about $40/night, and it used to have a very nice courtyard, but now almost all the trees are gone. The hot water was spotty, but we really like staying there, because it's right in town, and so close to the dive shop.

There is quite a bit of damage both above and below water. There were a lot of broken coral and a lot of sand was covering everything. The fish population seemes to be doing fine, but the reefs didn't do so well. The walls were in better shape. I think almost all beach hotels and resorts were closed, except maybe 2 or 3. There were a lot of damaged boats in the south marina. But everybody seemed to be working hard at rebuilding stuff.

Any how, I thought you may be interested in hearing about our experience.

Ya'll have fun!!
"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different" CoCo Chanel

beachbunny@singledivers.com

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
Ghandi

#203 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 10:36 PM

Hey everyone,

We need a couple of volunteers here. We have one of our divers who is traveling S-S, the rest of the week long group is F-F. So, it looks like ScubaHawk will have a single room on his last night. I need one of the F-F guys to take a single room on the first Friday we are in Cozumel to make our rooming assingments work.

Please pm or email Kamala!

Kim

#204 lilreddivinghood

lilreddivinghood

Getting started

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Board Status:Present
  • Cert Level:Dive Master/Intro 2 Cave/Advanced Nitrox/Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:850+

Posted 14 December 2005 - 08:41 AM

Hey guys & gals I just returned from cozumel 12/13 and they're doing a great job rebuilding...those are the hardest working people I have ever seen.Because there hasn't been many dive tourists the dive sites are packed with more marine life than I've ever seen there.(At LosPalmos we saw a school of 8 eagle rays,tons of toad fishes, octopuses during the day feeding on conches,big nurse sharks and while i was diving the cenotes in playa some buddys saw a hammerhead) as well as the usual carribean spiecies found.Don't expect the colors on the walls and reef corals to be as bright due to silting but still beautyful.I earned my intro to cave while I was there, at protec, and found it to be a challenging but rewarding course.I had a great time and wish all of you a merry and happy holiday and a wonderful time as well! ENJOY!
Seven days without diving makes one weak!

#205 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 14 December 2005 - 09:29 AM

Thanks for the reports BeachBunny and lilreddivinghood!!

This trip is just a little more than two weeks away, I better get packing. My life at work and home has been a little hectic lately, Christmas and this trip are sneaking up on me. It is going to be good to get away!!

MNJoe

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#206 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 09:44 AM

Yes,

thanks for the reports!! It would be so cool to see a Hammerhead!

and it's good to know that the area is getting back to normal

#207 Stingray1

Stingray1

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 15 December 2005 - 07:01 AM

I'm going :birthday: I arrive Friday dec. 30 @ 3:35pm I will leave Wed. Jan 4 @12.20 pm.
So it will be time to Party for New Years eve. And do not have toworry about drinking a driving. Plus We get
to start the year our right with a dive the first day of the year...... :P :birthday: :evilgrin: In the warm Clear waters of Cozumel...

I'll be on those same flights, so look for me at the airport.

Hey guys & gals I just returned from cozumel 12/13 and they're doing a great job rebuilding...those are the hardest working people I have ever seen.Because there hasn't been many dive tourists the dive sites are packed with more marine life than I've ever seen there.(At LosPalmos we saw a school of 8 eagle rays,tons of toad fishes, octopuses during the day feeding on conches,big nurse sharks and while i was diving the cenotes in playa some buddys saw a hammerhead) as well as the usual carribean spiecies found.Don't expect the colors on the walls and reef corals to be as bright due to silting but still beautyful.I earned my intro to cave while I was there, at protec, and found it to be a challenging but rewarding course.I had a great time and wish all of you a merry and happy holiday and a wonderful time as well! ENJOY!

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!
Phyllis

#208 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,631 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 15 December 2005 - 10:01 AM

Hey gang...we have room for 1-2 more people to join us! You WON'T regret it! We'll have the dive operator to ourselves...we'll have the ocean to ourselves (well practically!)...we'll be able to help do some clean up dives and we'll be able to help deliver some school supplies to some very needy children.

What a way to start the new year!!! :)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#209 Big O

Big O

Meeting folks

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300

Posted 15 December 2005 - 10:17 AM

Got your PM Kamala, I wish I could go but there is no way for me to get these dates off work.

I am going Jan 15th thru the 22nd though

Have Fun!

Dave
UH-HUH

#210 Sonny Beaches

Sonny Beaches

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Board Status:I be here
  • Cert Level:aow-nitrox
  • Logged Dives:over 100

Posted 19 December 2005 - 09:53 AM

to start the year our right with a dive the first day of the year...... :birthday: :birthday: :D In the warm Clear waters of Cozumel...

I'll be on those same flights, so look for me at the airport.

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!

I will look for you, at the Airport. I Would pay for Candle waxes if you can get any, Bring some for Hawk also, I will pay,, Want to see waht it looks like, He will not have to hold them , Just hook on of the many rings in his ears..
It has been a while since I had stuff burning in my ears. Hmm getting things set on fire out my ears and hot wax , Diving, Partying with the S.D> Friends at New Years, Diving on New Years day in the warm Cozy waters,
What a Way to start ou the year...

Party on DUDE>> :birthday:

:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users