• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2006: Let's Get Cozy for NY Eve! Cozumel that is!

• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

#211 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 19 December 2005 - 12:19 PM

I'm going :birthday: I arrive Friday dec. 30 @ 3:35pm I will leave Wed. Jan 4 @12.20 pm.
So it will be time to Party for New Years eve. And do not have toworry about drinking a driving. Plus We get
to start the year our right with a dive the first day of the year...... :birthday: :fish: :birthday: In the warm Clear waters of Cozumel...

I'll be on those same flights, so look for me at the airport.

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!

I will look for you, at the Airport. I Would pay for Candle waxes if you can get any, Bring some for Hawk also, I will pay,, Want to see waht it looks like, He will not have to hold them , Just hook on of the many rings in his ears..
It has been a while since I had stuff burning in my ears. Hmm getting things set on fire out my ears and hot wax , Diving, Partying with the S.D> Friends at New Years, Diving on New Years day in the warm Cozy waters,
What a Way to start ou the year...

Party on DUDE>> :taz:

:birthday:

:birthday: Ok, but once the rings start heating up - I'm done!
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#212 adiver42

adiver42

Getting started

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, started Divemaster but work got busy. Interested in trying again.
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 19 December 2005 - 04:29 PM

Hey gang...the hotel is sold out as is most of Cozumel...I need to release the rooms I have that we are not using yesterday...if you are still hoping to join us please let me know. When I let the rooms go they already have a waiting list so I won't get them back.

Also check flying into Cancun...they are offering some great deals right now in Cancun...$310 from Ft Lauderdale and the ferry over and back is about $75 with taxi etc. Its not hard to do and can save you several hundred dollars over flying directly into Cozumel.

Don't forget we are doing several clean up dives and taking school supplies for several orphanages in Cozumel!!!

It will be a wonderful trip! Come and join us!! -ww

WW - I am going to be in Cozumel also and would love to sign up for clean up duty. Had friends from Colorado to stay with so made our own way. My dates are 12/31 through 1/7/06. Where are the SD parties going to be, oh I know just listen for the loud crowd!! adiver42 - Jim
adiver42 Life is ultimatly a fatal enterprise. Have fun while you can!

#213 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 19 December 2005 - 10:37 PM

WW - I am going to be in Cozumel also and would love to sign up for clean up duty. Had friends from Colorado to stay with so made our own way. My dates are 12/31 through 1/7/06. Where are the SD parties going to be, oh I know just listen for the loud crowd!! adiver42 - Jim

Yes the more the merrier! Just let me know where you are staying so we can plan to hook up. The timing for the clean up dives is not known but we will be helping to clean up the beach after our dives.

CLEAN UP QUESTION:

When do you all want to do some beach clean up? Would you like to start after our first day of diving in the afternoon?

And how many days would you like to 'officially' participate in beach recovery and clean up efforts?

NITROX UPDATE:

Nitrox is $10 per bottle and due to damage to the generator there is no weekly price. Orders for nitrox must be placed the day before in order to get the fills.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#214 Stingray1

Stingray1

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 20 December 2005 - 11:06 AM

This trip is just a little more than two weeks away, I better get packing. My life at work and home has been a little hectic lately, Christmas and this trip are sneaking up on me. It is going to be good to get away!!

MNJoe

Hey, MNJoe, do we to need to transition your body temperature from your MN 20-40 degrees to Cozumel's 80 degree temp? I think we'll have to start you on tequilla shots (or a tequilla intravenous drip) to get your body temperature up.
Can't wait to see you.
:cool1: :D
Phyllis

#215 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 20 December 2005 - 12:10 PM

Hey, MNJoe, do we to need to transition your body temperature from your MN 20-40 degrees to Cozumel's 80 degree temp?

20-40 Degrees? Yesterday was -10 when I left for work. Today felt like a heatwave, it was 4 degrees. right now it is 11. I don't know how I am going to react to the temperature difference. I'm sure that a shot of tequilla will be in order. I think what I really need to be afraid of is when I have to come back home. It is going to be great to see you again. 1 week and 3 days to go, with the Holiday in between, time will go fast. See you soon

Keith

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#216 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 20 December 2005 - 12:13 PM

Hey, MNJoe, do we to need to transition your body temperature from your MN 20-40 degrees to Cozumel's 80 degree temp?

20-40 Degrees? Yesterday was -10 when I left for work. Today felt like a heatwave, it was 4 degrees. right now it is 11. I don't know how I am going to react to the temperature difference. I'm sure that a shot of tequila will be in order. I think what I really need to be afraid of is when I have to come back home. It is going to be great to see you again. 1 week and 3 days to go, with the Holiday in between, time will go fast. See you soon

Keith

Just make sure you have enough antifreeze in your body when you get back home. Trust me, I am a professional. :cool1:
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#217 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 12:15 PM

Just make sure you have enough antifreeze in your body when you get back home. Trust me, I am a professional.

I will take your advice, I know it isn't much warmer down where you're at.

#218 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 12:46 PM

Water temps are 78-80 degrees right now and vis is 100ft on the deeper sites. It is still a bit cloudy on the more shallow sites.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#219 Stingray1

Stingray1

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 20 December 2005 - 01:31 PM

Just make sure you have enough antifreeze in your body when you get back home. Trust me, I am a professional. :cool1:

Hey Scubahawk, I haven't met you yet and I did notice you were from the North, but from the little I heard about you, I knew you had your own remedy for from cold to hot to back cold again. Maybe you could give us a class during happy hour in your room on that.

:D MNJoe, if you're having problems warming up when you get down South, maybe us girls could cuddle up next to you and get you warmed up faster. Is that a good idea? No wonder you're counting the hours - that's just too cold!

Water temps are 78-80 degrees right now and vis is 100ft on the deeper sites. It is still a bit cloudy on the more shallow sites.

Sounds wonderful!!!!!!!!!!
Phyllis

#220 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 07:40 AM

" MNJoe, if you're having problems warming up when you get down South, maybe us girls could cuddle up next to you and get you warmed up faster. Is that a good idea? No wonder you're counting the hours - that's just too cold!"

I could probably use a little defrosting.

I am arriving in Dallas Thursday night so that I can fly to Cozy with the group on Friday morning. Is there anyone else that is going to show up from out of town Thursday?

Keith

#221 Sonny Beaches

Sonny Beaches

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Board Status:I be here
  • Cert Level:aow-nitrox
  • Logged Dives:over 100

Posted 21 December 2005 - 05:57 PM

Hey Kamala do we need to fill out our survey for the trip or can you use the one form Figi for me.'
Everything is the same on mine, ecpt, do not need room mate.. No one can put up with me,,,
:cool2:

:banghead:

#222 captsteve

captsteve

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Cert Level:aow/nitrox
  • Logged Dives:absolutly no idea

Posted 21 December 2005 - 06:28 PM

hey group! looks like i will be joining you in cozumel. Kamala thought i better warn you that i would be there. i look forward to meeting everyone..........
steve

#223 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 21 December 2005 - 06:31 PM

the more the merrier, as I always say!!

It'll be great to meet and dive with you

Kim

#224 Desert_Diver

Desert_Diver

Everyone knows me

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI AOW, TDI Nitrox (does it really matter to you??)
  • Logged Dives:130 something

Posted 21 December 2005 - 08:46 PM

I am arriving in Dallas Thursday night so that I can fly to Cozy with the group on Friday morning. Is there anyone else that is going to show up from out of town Thursday?

Keith

Howdy, Keith! I'm hitting DFW just before 10PM Thursday, overnighting at the Best Western near the airport. With all the flights between PHX & DFW, I never DID find a decent red-eye that'd get me there Friday in time for the flight.

weekend forecast for Phoenix: 80 ° / 52 ° (we're dreaming of a *brown* Christmas)

Stan

#225 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 11:32 PM

Hey Kamala do we need to fill out our survey for the trip or can you use the one form Figi for me.'
Everything is the same on mine, ecpt, do not need room mate.. No one can put up with me,,,
:P

:)

Technically we need a new form for every trip since it includes your flight info, insurance policies etc. For awesome repeat customers like you and well quite a few people on this trip...in 2006 you'll have the ability to fill them out online and only change the parts that differ per trip. In the meantime...pls fill it out. Thanks, k

hey group! looks like i will be joining you in cozumel. Kamala thought i better warn you that i would be there. i look forward to meeting everyone..........
steve

Not sure I said *warn* but I take it as such! Still not sure how a good ole boy from NC is gonna be much of a problem to anyone...except well maybe a :fish: :(

Great to have you...gotta love the last minute deals to Cozy. And if anyone else wants to join us...we do still have room for one more person!

Now to get you to do one more thing Steve...please post an intro here! Simply click on NEW TOPIC and you'll start your own introduction thread!!!

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users