• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2006: Let's Get Cozy for NY Eve! Cozumel that is!

• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

#91 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 29 September 2005 - 03:57 PM

So Glad You'll Be Able To Join Us!!

I'm glad to be able to join too!!

Only 3 months to go!

MNJoe

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#92 Stingray1

Stingray1

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 30 September 2005 - 11:06 AM

So Glad You'll Be Able To Join Us!!

I'm glad to be able to join too!!

Only 3 months to go!

MNJoe

Yeaaaa!!!!!
:teeth: :lmao: :lmao:
(That's me, Landlocked and Seahuntress-Carla)
Too bad she isn't going.....
But then again, we won't need to be bailed out of Mexican jail.
Phyllis

#93 susiq

susiq

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Board Status:Workin' hard in NYC to fund my next dream trip!
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:355

Posted 03 October 2005 - 08:44 PM

Quick question:

I'm thinking about joining this trip, but would be coming from NYC on frequent flier miles, so can you give me the land portion prices for 4-5 days (Jan 1-6 or 2-7 or something like that) as well as the whole trip (was it 7 days?) I'm not sure what my budget or time will be like just yet but am very interested. I'm a new diver (just certified in jan.05 in Cozumel, and have done 19 dives)-- would this be a good trip fro me/ Can i find a buddy who will be willing to go with me at my level? And also a female roomie for the time framework I'm interested in? Thanks for any help you can give me...

Susan (susiq)

susiqw@myway.com :D

Edited by susiq, 03 October 2005 - 08:46 PM.

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever-- Jacques-Yves Cousteau

#94 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 04 October 2005 - 02:43 AM

Quick question:

I'm thinking about joining this trip, but would be coming from NYC on frequent flier miles, so can you give me the land portion prices for 4-5 days (Jan 1-6 or 2-7 or something like that) as well as the whole trip (was it 7 days?) I'm not sure what my budget or time will be like just yet but am very interested. I'm a new diver (just certified in jan.05 in Cozumel, and have done 19 dives)-- would this be a good trip fro me/ Can i find a buddy who will be willing to go with me at my level? And also a female roomie for the time framework I'm interested in? Thanks for any help you can give me...

Susan (susiq)

susiqw@myway.com :teeth:

That is great news. The 7 day no air price is in the first post and it is:

7 nights/5 days Diving/All Inclusive/Taxes (Land Package Only**): $1225 diver d/o $925 non-diver d/o

We have the 4 day price listed so you can extrapolate for the most part the 5 day price.

Do keep in mind that you may be in a single room for part of the time you are on this trip and will need to pay the single supplement should that happen. In order to accommodate as many people as possible we offer Fri/Fri and Sat/Sat options as well as the other options.

I'll be at DEMA until this Friday. Let me know if you have found airfare and I'll finalize your pricing if not the 4 or 7 day pkg.

We'd LOVE to have you on the trip! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#95 susiq

susiq

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 09:14 PM

Hi- I may not be able to afford it after all-:dltears:--I'll keep trying to work it out, but for now I better not commit myself halfway. If there's still room later on and i can inquire again I'd like to do it that way..... thanks, and hope to come along in the future... S
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever-- Jacques-Yves Cousteau

#96 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 18 October 2005 - 11:59 PM

Hi- I may not be able to afford it after all-:dltears:--I'll keep trying to work it out, but for now I better not commit myself halfway. If there's still room later on and i can inquire again I'd like to do it that way..... thanks, and hope to come along in the future... S

Keep trying...air is doing strange things right now!

So as a reminder...everyone interested do a quick check and see what you come up with! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#97 Desert_Diver

Desert_Diver

Everyone knows me

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI AOW, TDI Nitrox (does it really matter to you??)
  • Logged Dives:130 something

Posted 21 October 2005 - 09:41 PM

Hope something's left there after Wilma's done beating the hell out of Coz.... and prayers to anyone unlucky enough to have been stuck there during it.

Attached Images

• Coz_Oct21.jpg

#98 susiq

susiq

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 09:52 PM

Hope something's left there after Wilma's done beating the hell out of Coz.... and prayers to anyone unlucky enough to have been stuck there during it.

yes, they'll need our business as soon as possible to help them rebuild, and let's hope the reefs haven't taken too fatal a beating.... we wish all our friends and colleagues and buddies there well and send our thoughts and prayers.
:wakawaka:

#99 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 22 October 2005 - 12:52 PM

Anyone heard any reports from Cozumel?

#100 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 22 October 2005 - 01:10 PM

I've read on CNN.com that the storm sat on top of Cancun and Cozumel for 25 hours and they expect it to be there 10 hours more

As soon as we have more information about the severity of the damage and how far out cancellations are running we will know if we need to reschedule this trip to another destination. Wenchie and I are already looking at possible options.

Any suggestions?

#101 Searanger

Searanger

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Board Status:0
  • Cert Level:O/W
  • Logged Dives:170

Posted 23 October 2005 - 07:27 AM

Here's a post from stormcarib.com last night from Cozumel

UPDATE FROM COZUMEL,
7:30pm, Saturday
Adrian (shown at left) just phoned us. They have only been able to walk around downtown. The small piers for dive boats are destroyed. Punta Langosta cruise ship pier near downtown is partially destroyed. The roofs of Casa Denis restaurant and Plaza del Sol shopping area are gone. The giant flag pole is gone. he talked with the owner of Rock 'n Java restaurant and the building is intact, but all contents destroyed, as is the case with most oceanfront businesses. Almost every palapa structure has disappeared. It sounds like McDonalds has been destroyed. The expensive oceanfront shops were severely damaged or destroyed and are being looted. They found a dead body on the oceanfront, but thought that this person had been dead for several days--and was washed up by the hurricane (Do not panick, we do not think there was loss of life in Cozumel). The oceanfront street on ! the west side of downtown is intact--the seawall held. Most concrete structures are intact, but received water damage. Flooding was not a major problem in downtown, although rain was forced into every crack, so many homes received some water damage.
Scuba Tony and Encarna who we lost contact with yesterday are also fine. It is dark in Cozumel now, and they won't be going back out until mo rning. We hope to bring you further updates.

#102 Stingray1

Stingray1

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 24 October 2005 - 06:49 AM

I heard on the radio that 90% of Cancun was distroyed. :o
Phyllis

#103 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2005 - 08:17 AM

Yes--you can read about both Cancun and Cozumel at this link.

I have no idea how quickly they'll be able to rebuild--or if it will be in time for the December/January trips there. I'm sure that the Wench and Co. are monitoring the situation in that regard.

Platypusman

#104 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 24 October 2005 - 01:26 PM

Yes--you can read about both Cancun and Cozumel at this link.

I have no idea how quickly they'll be able to rebuild--or if it will be in time for the December/January trips there. I'm sure that the Wench and Co. are monitoring the situation in that regard.

Platypusman

We are monitoring the situation and I'll be making some phone calls in the next day or so for status updates. I think we won't know what kind of damage there is until later in the week anyway

We will keep you updated!

#105 normblitch

normblitch

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Board Status:Ginnie Springs 12/17, Crystal River 12/18...
  • Cert Level:Cave
  • Logged Dives:522

Posted 24 October 2005 - 01:42 PM

I've read on CNN.com that the storm sat on top of Cancun and Cozumel for 25 hours and they expect it to be there 10 hours more

As soon as we have more information about the severity of the damage and how far out cancellations are running we will know if we need to reschedule this trip to another destination. Wenchie and I are already looking at possible options.

Any suggestions?

Crystal River??

nhb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users