• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Friends or Dating service

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#31 Marvel

Marvel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 05 September 2005 - 02:20 PM

OK, now that you've dived with Bill, I demand equal time. Come dive with me in Florida.

She comes, I'm coming along too!

Do come down & dive with us sometime Tina :P
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#32 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 05 September 2005 - 02:32 PM

Hmmm, sounds like a Texas contingent needs to visit Florida

I want to come too!!

#33 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 05 September 2005 - 03:47 PM

Marvel, would I ever leabe you out, Darlin'?

Kim, you're welcome any time.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#34 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600

Posted 05 September 2005 - 04:00 PM

The, NC dive was great fun....love to plan an event anyone coming to dive in cold ass MI. water anytime soon..LOL.... I will be going back to GA. in 3 to 4 weeks to do the finish on sis. house maybe I'll be heading south at a good time to do a meat and great with the crew

Nope, Michigan is too cold for me. You have to join us again in Morehead.

Dating ... hmm ... just look around you … on the street, at Borders, in the store, at the pool etc. I know you know how to flirt :P
Hey, I was dating my neighbor for a while. but since he is not in to diving it did not work out. :)

#35 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox

Posted 05 September 2005 - 04:35 PM

Hmmm, sounds like a Texas contingent needs to visit Florida

I want to come too!!

Bring it, GF!!!
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#36 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 06:45 PM

(Walter) OK, now that you've dived with Bill, I demand equal time. Come dive with me in Florida.

Hmmm...quiet, polite, man of wisdom, with an inviting smile and eyes that sparkle of mischief; I would love to come and dive with you sometime Walter!

Diving is new for me. I'm AOW certified through NAUI and have logged almost 40 dives since certifying in the spring. The only time I've ever been in the ocean is when I dove with Bill. It was wonderful and I can't wait to do it again!

I seize every opportunity to dive with someone with experience that I can learn from. I also seize every opportunity to dive in a new place affording me a variety of situations from which to learn. I work very hard at being a safe diver. The words "Plan your dive and dive your plan" are inked across my brain.

Getting me to Florida....now that's a different story! Dad lives in California and it happened that he flew me out there so spend a week with him. I asked if he'd mind that I spent one day diving with Bill. The cute thing was that while I was in the other room I could hear him bragging on the telephone about his daughter diving off of Catalina Island.

Marvel, I do my best to never miss an opportunity to make a new friend, and never miss an opportunity to dive. Might be fun if I can come at a time when a Florida HH is scheduled and I can meet the whole gang. What a great opportunity that would be!

Can hardly wait...

Twinklez

#37 meidan

meidan

Getting started

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 05 September 2005 - 07:15 PM

Sometimes you just throw the dice and see what comes up. I put an 18 word "penpal" ad(no picture) in a foreign paper. I got a few responses, including one from someone who just happened to be looking at the paper that day and just figured "what the hell, I will send a short letter to this guy, see what he is about". We will have been married 6 years come this October. My wife isn't interested in diving, but she encourages me to do so....she knows it's something I really enjoy. So you just never know when or how you will meet "that" someone.

#38 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 11:18 AM

Sometimes you just throw the dice and see what comes up.  I put an 18 word "penpal" ad(no picture) in a foreign paper.    I got a few responses, including one from someone who just happened to be looking at the paper that day and just figured "what the hell, I will send a short letter to this guy, see what he is about".  We will have been married 6 years come this October.  My wife isn't interested in diving, but she encourages me to do so....she knows it's something I really enjoy.  So you just never know when or how you will meet "that" someone.

Great story, meidan! :birthday:

#39 jgdiver

jgdiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Board Status:on
  • Cert Level:DCSI Instructor
  • Logged Dives:1200

Posted 05 October 2005 - 03:31 PM

I have been on a dating website for several years with mixed success. I had one short relationship which dissolved due to lack of honesty on her part. Several dating stints but the lack of interest in diving wouldn't allow them to continue. I still get winks and emails from non-divers even though I have quite clearly stated in my profile how important diving is to me. I plan to move back to tropical destination fairly soon to work in the diving industry and I just don't think a non diver would be happy living like this long term. What do you think?

I have been pleasantly surprised by allot of the topics and conversations on this site. Along with all the wisdom that is conveyed. :thankyou:

#40 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 05 October 2005 - 04:05 PM

I have been on a dating website for several years with mixed success. I had one short relationship which dissolved due to lack of honesty on her part. Several dating stints but the lack of interest in diving wouldn't allow them to continue. I still get winks and emails from non-divers even though I have quite clearly stated in my profile how important diving is to me. I plan to move back to tropical destination fairly soon to work in the diving industry and I just don't think a non diver would be happy living like this long term. What do you think?

I have been pleasantly surprised by allot of the topics and conversations on this site. Along with all the wisdom that is conveyed. :thankyou:

You've heard the expression 'Golfing Widow'? Seems that this expression fits nicelyt for a large majority of the folks here as to how it relates to diving!!!!
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#41 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 04:28 PM

I plan to move back to tropical destination fairly soon to work in the diving industry and I just don't think a non diver would be happy living like this long term. What do you think?

I think it depends on the woman in general, moreso than her specific interests.

Fast-paced, high energy, extroverted types may become bored sooner than someone who is more mellow, relaxed and draws energy from within, rather than from other people.

#42 konascubagirl

konascubagirl

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 04:41 PM

And I know a few folks who have helped to do Happy Hours or events and ended up meeting LOTS of great people...ahem...some of them keepers! Anytime you put yourself into contact with people...especially those who share a common interest...the odds go up that you'll meet Mr. or Mrs. Right!!!

So help organize a HH. (Wanna have a great way to approach women without looking like you are approaching them? Just tell them about the great SingleDivers.com Happy Hour near them! They get to meet lots of people in a group setting and who knows...they may decide that they like you!)

Wanna meet men without appearing too forward...help organize a SD event or HH and you'll have contact with LOTS of great people...one whom you may wish to get to know a lot better! :thankyou:

And Jay...I'd love for YOU to do a HH in your area....if we use one of the pictures from our last NC trip...ALL the gals will see that you are VERY easy on the eye!!! (Sorry but your avatar does not do you justice!) :o

Just remember...although SD is not a dating service...it is a great place for single and buddyless people to hang out!!! And you get to meet people without the pressure of dating...give me a friend anyday that turns romantic! Its too hard to make a friend out of a romantic flash in the pan! :o

Hey! I want to know how to so a SDHH here in Kona! You would think there would be TONS of single divers here, but I have no clue how to meet them! Help!

Konascubagirl!

#43 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 05 October 2005 - 05:36 PM

I have been on a dating website for several years with mixed success. I had one short relationship which dissolved due to lack of honesty on her part. Several dating stints but the lack of interest in diving wouldn't allow them to continue.

Guezz, I spent all that time flirting with you while I was on the Nekton and now I find out you were actually looking!
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#44 jgdiver

jgdiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Board Status:on
  • Cert Level:DCSI Instructor
  • Logged Dives:1200

Posted 05 October 2005 - 05:49 PM

I have been on a dating website for several years with mixed success. I had one short relationship which dissolved due to lack of honesty on her part. Several dating stints but the lack of interest in diving wouldn't allow them to continue.

Guezz, I spent all that time flirting with you while I was on the Nekton and now I find out you were actually looking!

Well, I was secretly flirting with you too. I was warned by the Capt. about fraternizing with the Lady's

Edit Added:Did you ever get my email Titled Friends and Divers

Edited by jgdiver, 05 October 2005 - 05:51 PM.

#45 mongoose

mongoose

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Cert Level:Training Assistant
  • Logged Dives:110

Posted 06 October 2005 - 08:32 AM

I have tried the online dateing service for awhile now and usally get one date out of it.  but since i don't work for the CIA or FBI and don't have any great stories to telll it turns out to be just a dinner for one night and never hear from them again kind or thing.

Just be funny and confident.

I whole heartedly agree with you Walter, but I'll add to that... be who you are... you can't be anyone else. I am on a service, and my profile picture is not my clean, corporate acting headshot. I use the scroungy, sitting-on-a-boat-after-a-day-of-diving pic.

Because that's what I usually look like. I'm not out to impress anyone. I show up to the first date (if it's casual, which it usually is) wearing what I usually wear around people I've known for years: shorts, T-shirt and JesusCleats ™. What you see is what you get...this is the guy you're going to have to get used to seeing on a daily basis, so if that's not appealing, well, then, take it easy, no hard feelings.

Later,
--'Goose
Kerry Thomas

My opinions, philosophy, and outlook on life are mine and, as such, are only a perfect fit for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users