• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

My posts keep disappearing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

#46 Marvel

Marvel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 13 September 2005 - 09:26 AM

Hey folks. Let's keep it civil, please. Whining is not a term that has any meaning other than negative & I'm sure we don't want to insult our friends that way. Please bear in mind that life sometimes gets in the way of posting a timely response to a thread. The moderating team will be taking a look at the issue behind this thread but in the mean time, views, pro or con, need to be expressed without any thing that could be perceived as name calling. :2cool:
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#47 Guest_Sea Urchin_*

Guest_Sea Urchin_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2005 - 09:38 AM

Hey folks. Let's keep it civil, please. Whining is not a term that has any meaning other than negative & I'm sure we don't want to insult our friends that way. Please bear in mind that life sometimes gets in the way of posting a timely response to a thread. The moderating team will be taking a look at the issue behind this thread but in the mean time, views, pro or con, need to be expressed without any thing that could be perceived as name calling.  :2cool:

Thank you for your input, Marvel, But I disagree with you. We have policies and procedure on posts and where to post them. Backroom issues concerning HH should be in the HH forum. To post it in the general forum is a breach of trust and much more serious than my using the word "whining."

Que :birthday:

#48 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 13 September 2005 - 09:45 AM

Hey folks. Let's keep it civil, please. Whining is not a term that has any meaning other than negative & I'm sure we don't want to insult our friends that way. Please bear in mind that life sometimes gets in the way of posting a timely response to a thread. The moderating team will be taking a look at the issue behind this thread but in the mean time, views, pro or con, need to be expressed without any thing that could be perceived as name calling.  :2cool:

Thank you for your input, Marvel, But I disagree with you. We have policies and procedure on posts and where to post them. Backroom issues concerning HH should be in the HH forum. To post it in the general forum is a breach of trust and much more serious than my using the word "whining."

I'm sorry that you feel that asking people to refrain from name calling is censorship, Que. I did not ask you to not to post your opinion- only to be careful of the verbiage. Again, we are all friends here & it behooves us to treat each other with respect. Using a term such as whining does nothing but promote ill-feeling. Where a particular post or thread belongs is up to the moderating team to decide &, again, we are discussing it, although we certainly appreciate your input.
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#49 Guest_Sea Urchin_*

Guest_Sea Urchin_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2005 - 09:57 AM

I'm sorry that you feel that asking people to refrain from name calling is censorship, Que. I did not ask you to not to post your opinion- only to be careful of the verbiage. Again, we are all friends here & it behooves us to treat each other with respect. Using a term such as whining does nothing but promote ill-feeling. Where a particular post or thread belongs is up to the moderating team to decide &, again, we are discussing it, although we certainly appreciate your input.

Marvel,

A post in a public forum invites reply...some with different opinions than your own or my opinion. "Whining" and "injustice" are words we use to reflect our opinions. I just don't think you are fair when objecting to "whining" when other posts using much stronger words exist.

#50 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 13 September 2005 - 10:01 AM

Let's all be nice now.........
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#51 Terri

Terri

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 13 September 2005 - 10:13 AM

WHOA Everyone!! I think this is starting to get a little out of hand. The initial complaint from Mishelle should be handled via the normal channels. Her complaint that her post was pulled is valid and is being discussed. I am confident that a successful resolution will be reached.

There is no need to 'take sides' on this issue. I encourage everyone to stop and think about your reply before posting it. I think we'd all like to see this resolved!
'I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead'...JB

#52 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 13 September 2005 - 10:16 AM

Que,

I can see why you think some people might be beating up George. Folks have complained about his actions which might violate SD policies. What I can't understand is why you are dragging Kamala into the mix. Regardless of who is at fault for violating SD policies, Mishelle or George, Kamala is not part of either action nor has anyone said anything against her or her actions in this thread.

Que, you are a pleasant person. I've enjoyed spending time with you. You are good hearted and generous. I'm shocked that you are stirring up trouble in this thread. Marvel does not deserve your attack. I hope you will stop before you cause ill will.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#53 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,708 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 13 September 2005 - 10:33 AM

To all:

The original post was pulled, reviewed and found to be pulled in error. Mishelle was notified via phone and not pm which is normal and customary.

An apology is being sent to her and her complaint has been placed into our new Comments & Concerns forum for full review, and appropriate action so that this will not happen again.

An announcement will be made shortly about our new Comments and Concerns process and dedicated forum that has been set up to handle specific complaints, concerns and feedback from our members in order to prevent what is now happening in this thread.

All feedback is important to us and will be handled accordingly. Thank you.

Please work with us to end the public discussion on this matter. Thank you all for your consideration in this matter and ongoing support of SingleDivers.com.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#54 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 13 September 2005 - 11:03 AM

This is great news Caetllonn! I am sure you will pass with flying colours and, once you do, we will have to go diving!

:lmao: :diver:

#55 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Logged Dives:300+ and counting!

Posted 13 September 2005 - 11:05 AM

Great to hear you are well on your way Miss Caetllonn, I'm happy for you and I'm sure all will go smoothly!

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#56 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 12:02 PM

Today, things got a bit heated in this discussion about a removed post.

Tolly pulled a post that should have been left in place. It was a mistake. We all make mistakes. What I'm happy to see is that George (Tolly) is a big enough man to see his mistake, admit to it and correct it. Anyone who can do that is a decent human being and deserves kudos, IMHO.

George, I want to thank you for being the type of person who is able to correct mistakes. That is a trait to be admired.

DSSW,

WWW™

#57 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Logged Dives:300+ and counting!

Posted 13 September 2005 - 01:26 PM

I'm glad to see that this issue was resolved in a timely manner, but I think the inherent problem with these type of posts is still a concern.

Walter, perhaps the most important statement you made earlier is that not all of us truly "knew" what had or had not been said or done with respect to Mishelle's original post. Given that, I personally don't think it is reasonable that this current thread even exists in the general forum.

Yes, perhaps whining was not the best term to use, but if you read the first few posts in this thread, they are pretty bold, unsubstantiated claims and in my opinion, I am in agreement with Que that they simply don't belong in the general forum. I adore Mishelle and I think she knows that already, but I can't condone SD bashing on the general forum and I never will. This is still a business and I would challenge anyone to give me an example of a business that allows you to openly convey your discontent in a public forum open to anyone on the internet. Yes, policies need to be adhered to and mistakes need to be acknowledged, but I still see no benefit from making them public executions all the time and this practice has been going on for some time now.

That said, personally I would suggest that this thread be moved to the "back room" immediately. I can't see any benefit in leaving it out in the open.

And in the future, can we all please try to remember that the general forum is supposed to be our best foot forward? Is this really what we want new and/or perspective members to see? I'm sorry, but from the outside looking in, a complaint that is posted in a general forum is clearly an attempt to leverage one's position against the company and resembles extortion in it's most basic form.

Just my two cents and definitely not intended to stir up anything other than an introspective look at what we type before we type it.

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#58 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 01:35 PM

Michael,

I respectfully disagree. I believe the resolution shows that SD is a wonderful place to be. Everyone makes mistakes. Not everyone admits to them and then corrects them. The mistake has been admitted and corrected. I believe that is much more important than an illusion of perfection. This shows our strength.

DSSW,

WWW™

#59 ShamuLovesMe

ShamuLovesMe

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 13 September 2005 - 02:49 PM

As Michael and others rightly opine, the owners of this board can run it in any way they see fit. But I would just add my own opinion: that the increasingly strict moderation of this board, the addition of more and more policies and procedures, etc. etc. has had a chilling effect. I and a handful of other members that I know have become much more inactive (or have left for good) as a result. It's just not the fun and freewheeling place it once was. So though the owners may seek to make the board a better place with all of the regulations, I would advise them to take a long, hard look at the effects the regulations have had, and whether or not those are the effects they wish to achieve.

Case in point: I almost didn't make the effort to post this, because I had to consider (1) whether or not my opinion might get censored (or flamed), and (2) whether or not it would get deleted entirely because I didn't post it in the right place. (On the second point, I felt it was relevant in this thread, but I'll go see if I can track down this new Feedback/Complaint forum that George and Kamala referred to.)

Oh, and continuing thanks to Walter for always bringing levelheadedness and fairness to each thread he posts in. We could use him back in the "back room," I think......

Edited by ShamuLovesMe, 13 September 2005 - 05:35 PM.

#60 leaudaustin

leaudaustin

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, EAN
  • Logged Dives:51

Posted 13 September 2005 - 03:17 PM

... I would challenge anyone to give me an example of a business that allows you to openly convey your discontent in a public forum open to anyone on the internet.  ...

Neptuner, in response to your challenge, I present FastMail. Their official support forum (linked to and recommended by their site) "is run by Emaildiscussions.com, a site independent from FastMail.FM, ...." The forum is moderated, but it's hosted and moderated by a separate organization. You'll find plenty of critical posts about Fastmail. As long as users obey the posted policies, then no one gets hurt has their posts pulled. :birthday:

I present it only to show that something that some people appear to think is impossible is possible. I'm not suggesting any particular change to these forums.

Just fyi, I've been happily using FastMail as my email provider for a couple years now and am only a happy customer. I have no other relationship with them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users