• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

My posts keep disappearing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

#16 leaudaustin

leaudaustin

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, EAN
  • Logged Dives:51

Posted 11 September 2005 - 09:49 PM

I think the "proper" way to notify a member is via PM or email. Calling my house and saying in a joking manner, "Please do not post that again, so I dont have to pull it again," is not professional. Also, you did that 15 minutes later.

That's wild. There are so many places where you could be using the Internet to post and not be at home. And you would, with good sense, try to post again because there are lots of times with computers that things don't seem work the the first time, but they do work when you try again twice or more even though all the attempts seem the same to you. I've been having that situation just today on another board where the server apps are giving a "server app crashed" message about once every five times I try any sort of action.

For board business, PM is most appropriate. Backing that up with email as well wouldn't be bad either. People acting in their official duties should use great discretion about when to resort to the telephone. The only reason that comes to mind where the telephone would be used for board business (as opposed to, say, trip business) would be if the Staff thought your id had had a security compromise.

#17 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,615 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 11 September 2005 - 09:51 PM

I think the "proper" way to notify a member is via PM or email. Calling my house and saying in a joking manner, "Please do not post that again, so I dont have to pull it again," is not professional. Also, you did that 15 minutes later.

That's wild. There are so many places where you could be using the Internet to post and not be at home. And you would, with good sense, try to post again because there are lots of times with computers that things don't seem work the the first time, but they do work when you try again twice or more even though all the attempts seem the same to you. I've been having that situation just today on another board where the server apps are giving a "server app crashed" message about once every five times I try any sort of action.

For board business, PM is most appropriate. Backing that up with email as well wouldn't be bad either. People acting in their official duties should use great discretion about when to resort to the telephone. The only reason that comes to mind where the telephone would be used for board business (as opposed to, say, trip business) would be if the Staff thought your id had had a security compromise.

Excellent feedback. Thank you!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#18 Mishelle

Mishelle

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts
  • Cert Level:My life is only complete when Im 150 ft deep!
  • Logged Dives:lost count....actually lost log too :(

Posted 11 September 2005 - 09:51 PM

Sorry for the hijack, Mishelle. (insert sheepish grin here)

No Worries! It is fine! I will keep my fingers crossed for you ! I know you will do great!
:) Mishelle

The best day I ever had was face to face with a man and a shark, and wondering who was gonna bite me first- Poison Pen

Divers Wanted! Come dive with SD!!

#19 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 11 September 2005 - 09:55 PM

Thx for asking! I've completed all the course work and am now working on my confined dives. So far I've completed 1 and 2, and I'll be continuing with 3 this Tuesday. I'm not sure when they'll schedule me for my drysuit training, but I'm assuming it will be shortly after confined dive 5. (I had problems during the intensive wknd course I originally signed up for so it's going to take me longer than I had thought it would. sad.gif I shall persevere nonetheless. smile.gif)

I think we are all glad to hear the news--I'm sure I wasn't the only one wondering! I know you'll make it through with flying colors.
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#20 Mishelle

Mishelle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 09:57 PM

Yes she will!! Keep at it girl! :) :clapping: :clapping:

The best day I ever had was face to face with a man and a shark, and wondering who was gonna bite me first- Poison Pen

#21 Mishelle

Mishelle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 10:03 PM

Yes, well said!

#22 leaudaustin

leaudaustin

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, EAN
  • Logged Dives:51

Posted 11 September 2005 - 10:05 PM

Thanks for detailing the clarification Caetllonn. And thanks for sharing your progress. I view it as a fun on-going suspense story. We all anticipate the successful, happy ending (with fireworks, right? there will be fireworks? and maybe elephants to ride?), but the story is suspenseful nonetheless as it unfolds. :)

#23 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 10:07 PM

Guests are considered anyone who is either not a member, or members who have not logged in. If you're in *guest* mode, you cannot post.

Anonymous refers to members who HAVE logged in, and therefore can post, but choose not to be visible to others.

Mishelle and Dennis,

Thank you for the encouragement! Most appreciated!! :)

First, thank you for explaining that...that was my question and now it is answered! :P

AND, no need to thank me! You are a great person and you will get it done! Diving is life! Its in your blood! We are here to support you and cheer you! You have the skill!

First, you are most welcome! :D

AND :clapping: ...:clapping:... (I was feeling most discouraged after my wknd class, so it's really great to have :). The weeknights are going much better!)

#24 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 11 September 2005 - 10:14 PM

Guests are considered anyone who is either not a member, or members who have not logged in. If you're in *guest* mode, you cannot post.

Anonymous refers to members who HAVE logged in, and therefore can post, but choose not to be visible to others.

Mishelle and Dennis,

Thank you for the encouragement! Most appreciated!! :)

First, thank you for explaining that...that was my question and now it is answered! :P

AND, no need to thank me! You are a great person and you will get it done! Diving is life! Its in your blood! We are here to support you and cheer you! You have the skill!

First, you are most welcome! :D

AND :clapping: ...:clapping:... (I was feeling most discouraged after my wknd class, so it's really great to have :). The weeknights are going much better!)

You will be just like the rest of us...hopelessly hooked after your first blue water dives!

I honestly love diving and I've been so fortunate to have many great divers to learn from! The list is endless, but I met them all here on SD

#25 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 11 September 2005 - 11:13 PM

...We all anticipate the successful, happy ending (with fireworks, right? there will be fireworks?

Ooooh, I love fireworks. Can we all watch them from underwater with Caetllon? Keep at it girl, the kelp forests and Florida coral reefs are waiting for you!

#26 Perkolater

Perkolater

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, EANx
  • Logged Dives:28

Posted 12 September 2005 - 06:58 AM

Keep up the good work! You'll get there and you'll be so happy you did!
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...
A true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!!"

#27 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 12 September 2005 - 07:12 AM

Take your time, don't get rushed, you'll do well, my dear.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#28 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 12 September 2005 - 08:20 AM

Well Kiddo, like many, I await the anticipated certification post!!!

Word to the wise, follow the advice of 'Yoda'
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#29 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 12 September 2005 - 08:32 AM

I am so excited. Just remember to keep breathing. And stay calm.

I can't wait till you are certified. I think we will have to get together and go diving.

You will do fine. We are all here cheering for you. :welcome:
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#30 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 12 September 2005 - 08:48 AM

I agree with Walter, take your time & do it right (w/o the GUE emphasis) & you'll do fine. Keep us posted on your progress!
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users