• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

How often do you date?

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#151 blacklatexozdiver

blacklatexozdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Board Status:-
  • Cert Level:OW, Drysuit, Underwater Naturalist
  • Logged Dives:16 (pretty hard to dive where there's no water...)

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:14 AM

I'm giving up on dating. I was out of the dating scene for almost 9 years and now that I'm back in it, I've found it to be too complicated. Too many rules and too many games.

Does anyone at all know the rules? I sure as hell don't - maybe that's why I get fouled out each time I try... Maybe I'm just a goose... *ducks and hides*
"Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love." Albert Einstein

SD's Aussie Connection.

#152 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:27 AM

I read somewhere that the avarage date or dive cost $100! Let's see, this year I've dove Cozumel, Fiji, Florida and local, later this year it's another trip to Florida, the Galapagos and maybe NC. I think that's says a lot about my social life!
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#153 Kawika

Kawika

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Open Water & Enriched Air Diver
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:36 AM

Don't ever give up hope (can you tell I'm a hopeless romantic)...there are lots of good guys & gals out there looking for their significant other...you just have to be willing to seek them out. And one of the best things to keep in mind when you are looking for the "right one" is that it is a lot easier to find the "right one" when you take the time to become the "right one" as well...

K
Kawika Iida
Sugar Land, TX
Christian
United States Military Academy Class of 1995 "With Honor We Strive..." F1/F4
"Do not go where the path may lead...go instead where there is no path and leave a trail..."

Anyone looking to rent a room in Sugar Land, TX?

#154 Bahamasita

Bahamasita

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:37 AM

Are there any good guys out there?

I can't seem to find them.  Where do I look?

Sharon,

I can say with absolute certainty that YES, there definitely ARE "good guys" out there...just take a look at some of the fine specimen at SD! :welcome: I have always had much better luck NOT looking. The right one is more likely to find you when you're too busy doing the things you love and just being happy with your life and yourself! And it always seems to happen at the most "inconvenient" time...life happens! LOL! Hang in there, the right one will come along when you least expect him!

#155 Bahamasita

Bahamasita

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:39 AM

I'm giving up on dating.  I was out of the dating scene for almost 9 years and now that I'm back in it, I've found it to be too complicated.  Too many rules and too many games.

Does anyone at all know the rules? I sure as hell don't - maybe that's why I get fouled out each time I try... Maybe I'm just a goose... *ducks and hides*

The rules are that there are no rules! You make it up as you go along! :welcome:

#156 blacklatexozdiver

blacklatexozdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:48 AM

I'm giving up on dating.  I was out of the dating scene for almost 9 years and now that I'm back in it, I've found it to be too complicated.  Too many rules and too many games.

The rules are that there are no rules! You make it up as you go along! :welcome:

Nah... I reckon I'm just chicken - afraid to break HER rules! You can call me a turkey if you like. :welcome:
"Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love." Albert Einstein

SD's Aussie Connection.

#157 Maria

Maria

• PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:59 AM

I guess I've just bumped into the wrong guys. They all seem to have way too many rules.
Formerly known as Mahoneme

"You must have dreams of love, you must have desires. Perhaps you are made in such a way that you are afraid of them. Don't be. They are the best things you have."

Hermann Hesse

#158 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 09:07 AM

I guess I've just bumped into the wrong guys.  They all seem to have way too many rules.

*Wrong* guys indeed! The *right* ones either have no *rules*, or will adjust accordingly.

Either way, it's the *wrong* guy's loss! :welcome: Who wants a guy who is so inflexible anyway? Or only wants what he thinks he wants? :welcome:

#159 Maria

Maria

• PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 09:09 AM

I guess I've just bumped into the wrong guys.  They all seem to have way too many rules.

*Wrong* guys indeed! The *right* ones either have no *rules*, or will adjust accordingly.

Either way, it's the *wrong* guy's loss! :welcome: Who wants a guy who is so inflexible anyway?

You are absolutely right.

"You must have dreams of love, you must have desires. Perhaps you are made in such a way that you are afraid of them. Don't be. They are the best things you have."

Hermann Hesse

#160 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 09:18 AM

Either way, it's the *wrong* guy's loss! :D Who wants a guy who is so inflexible anyway?

Maria, :welcome:

Sadly but wisely learned from experience! :P

So many men (and women) claim to be open-minded and accepting, yet if one small 'mistake' is made on the other person's part, s/he is tossed aside like a red-headed stepchild! :welcome:

Nobody needs anybody with this sort of attitude.

#161 blacklatexozdiver

blacklatexozdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 09:18 AM

Either way, it's the *wrong* guy's loss! :welcome: Who wants a guy who is so inflexible anyway?

You two think alike - a pigeon pair perchance?

SD's Aussie Connection.

#162 Kawika

Kawika

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Open Water & Enriched Air Diver
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 29 June 2005 - 09:25 AM

Have any of you ladies ever tried dating a Christian man? And by Christian...I mean a practicing Christian (i.e., praying, reading & following his Bible, serving in his church, etc.) & not just someone who claims to be a Christian?
Kawika Iida
Sugar Land, TX
Christian
United States Military Academy Class of 1995 "With Honor We Strive..." F1/F4
"Do not go where the path may lead...go instead where there is no path and leave a trail..."

Anyone looking to rent a room in Sugar Land, TX?

#163 Maria

Maria

• PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 09:27 AM

Either way, it's the *wrong* guy's loss! :D Who wants a guy who is so inflexible anyway?

Maria, :welcome:

Sadly but wisely learned from experience! :P

So many men (and women) claim to be open-minded and accepting, yet if one small 'mistake' is made on the other person's part, s/he is tossed aside like a red-headed stepchild! :o

I'm learning. When things start to get too complicated and I have to start walking on egg shells, I decide it's not worth the hassle and just walk away. Some times it takes me too long to realize someone is not worth my time though... :welcome: :P :D

Hermann Hesse

#164 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 29 June 2005 - 09:33 AM

The only rule I have is that "Old Guys Rule!" I wonder if all of you have that fine line of clothing in your neck of the woods... it is popular here, at least among us "Old Guys" (who are still young at heart, in body and in mind!).

Oh, I do have another rule... let's both enjoy ourselves (and not necessarily that way, at least on the first few dates). Good talk, fun activities (diving, diving, diving).

Oops, I just remember my one hard and fast rule... no smoking (although my housemate Iris smokes, outside only and I don't kiss her).

Oh ya, and then there's my rule about blondes... but I'm loosening up on that one.

Wow, I guess we guys DO have some rules!

#165 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 09:35 AM

Sadly but wisely learned from experience!  :D

So many men (and women) claim to be open-minded and accepting, yet if one small 'mistake' is made on the other person's part, s/he is tossed aside like a red-headed stepchild! :P

I'm learning. When things start to get too complicated and I have to start walking on egg shells, I decide it's not worth the hassle and just walk away. Some times it takes me too long to realize someone is not worth my time though... :welcome: :welcome: :P

Maria, join the club! :D

Just because "eggshell guy" didn't work for you, doesn't mean he won't work for someone else, of course. But for how long???

It seems to me that such guys (or gals) are the ones with issues -- not the other person! I find those issues are slow to go away -- even with the *right* person. :o

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users