• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Anyone else given up on finding love?

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#1 ColoradoPilot

ColoradoPilot

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:>300

Posted 10 May 2004 - 03:37 PM

As I was walking down the main drag in Cozumel...dodging ultra slow moving cruise ship people, my mind rambles on about another trip here alone...and wondering how much better it would be with someone I love. Then the realization that it may never happen and the basic thought of just giving up on finding the one thing that has eluded me for so long.

Oh well, such is life. And the painted tile guy is not around. Hopefully he will be here later. I have been buying those tiles for some time now and may eventually use them in a bathroom.

Hopefully Baskin Robins is open today. The one at Punta Langosta was closed Sunday so I had to endure a day without vanilla ice cream. Ideally I partake of ice cream while watching the sunset but clouds sometimes spoil the view.

Edited by ColoradoPilot, 10 May 2004 - 03:50 PM.

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 10 May 2004 - 03:55 PM

Can't guarantee that you'll find love or anything BUT a good time (and that I can guarantee!!!) on a SingleDivers.com trip but if I were looking to meet great people that might spark a romantic interest...I'd start with a LARGE group of SINGLE fun loving scubadivers and go from there!!

Guess you need to dive with us if you don't totally want to give up on your dream of diving in Cozy with someone special!

And all I can say is...if you can't fine ONE special person....just dive with a group like us and you'll find 15-30 special people!!! Or at least new friends and THAT makes them special to me!!!

Although many people don't know this...we have a number of fun trip connections on our first singles trip and even had a few cupid connections that continued well past the trip. In fact....one of those connections just took a romantic trip to Cozy last week together after seeing each other every weekend since our Jan trip. And yes...they have been FLYING to see each other every weekend!!!

So CP...you being a pilot and all...what are you waiting for???? You need to go and dive with us!!! :cool2:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#3 mischievous

mischievous

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 10 May 2004 - 04:22 PM

oh....why didn't i know about sd.com in january so that way i could be in on all the cozy secrets!!!!!! don't stress, CP! you find her or you don't, either way you've got a bunch of people to have fun with where you don't have to worry if you've got spinach in your teeth or not. :cool2:

#4 nycamico

nycamico

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Cert Level:OW 2, Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 10 May 2004 - 06:12 PM

I often find when I am travelling alone I get into these funky moods too- my last trip to Belize everyone one on the boat was married or had an SO . I really feel like a freak being single sometimes. I think these group trips are a great idea- thinking I'll try for North Carolina later this summer. When you get back from Coz you should send me an email- we could swap dive stories. I live here in Denver and welcome new friends and possible dive buddies. What shop do you work with here? Stay happy- you're diving!!!
ny.
:cool2:

#5 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 10 May 2004 - 06:33 PM

Then the realization that it may never happen and the basic thought of just giving up on finding the one thing that has eluded me for so long.

As soon as you give up, that's when you find someone. At least that is what I've been told. :D
Besides you're diving in Cozumel we can't feel too sorry for you.
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#6 ScubaPrincesa

ScubaPrincesa

Getting started

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:25

Posted 10 May 2004 - 08:18 PM

I can relate, I feel the same way :D

#7 DiveScoop

DiveScoop

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 10 May 2004 - 09:46 PM

I can relate with you ladies about traveling and diving alone. Let's hope that we all hit the lottery or at least find some time off in order to join some of Kamala's upcoming trips!

Bonaire's going to be a lot of fun. Be sure to watch the board because we're planning to post pictures during the trip so that you all can be real envious :dance:

Scoop
:D
Dive Scoop

#8 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 10 May 2004 - 09:49 PM

Never give up... just hope it happens before your teeth fall out and your hair does too!

Dr. Bill

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 09:56 PM

I often find when I am travelling alone I get into these funky moods too- my last trip to Belize everyone one on the boat was married or had an SO .

Been there...done that...got the t-shirt...threw it out! Ain't doing it anymore! Now that we've formed SD.com...I know I won't have time for those funky moments anymore! Anyone up for creating some really FUN moments???

I really feel like a freak being  single sometimes.  I think these group trips are a great idea- 

Hey...we have all been there...but again not anymore. No one felt that way in January...and I know they won't feel that way in Bonaire or NC either!

...thinking I'll try for North Carolina later this summer.

Girl you'll love it. Hey normally we run about half women on our singles trips but usually the NC trips are about 1 gal to every 6 guys...I REALLY need to bring those odds down just a little bit...do you know how tiring it is to keep up with 6 guys each??? LOL!!! Just kidding...I find it takes at least 6 guys to keep up with one of us!!!! Gotta love the odds in NC and the oh yes...the diving is AWESOME!!!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#10 nycamico

nycamico

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Cert Level:OW 2, Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 10 May 2004 - 10:08 PM

ok, ok i'm convinced- i'll be in north carolina with bells on ( or at least neoprene and lycra-ooh la la!)
:teeth:

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 10:31 PM

ok, ok i'm convinced- i'll be in north carolina with bells on ( or at least neoprene and lycra-ooh la la!)
:teeth:

Too awesome!!! So any chance you can do the 4th of July trip or only the Aug trips???

formerly...

#12 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 10 May 2004 - 10:44 PM

I have a trip to Grand Cayman over Thanksgiving Week that I know will be that way for me. I mean the couples are even bringing their children!

The only thing that I know (I did the staring at the moonlight thing ALONE in Providenciales last year.) is that I plan to take full advantage of the complimentary diving. Can anyone say a whole bunch of night dives? :teeth:

Next year, I will be doing at least one trip through here where I know that it won't happen.
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#13 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master - Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 11 May 2004 - 12:24 AM

LOL... sadly I agree CP,

pretty much given up... so gun shy now that someone would have come up and hit me in the face to show there was an interest. So pretty much bury "Self" into photos, diving, computers outdoor stuff... there was another thread on when was the last date?? Geeeshhh.. I'd be embarrassed to say when, EVEN if I could remember it... and we're talking years.. it's become more like an interview process of questions and answers on "How was your parents relationship..." Although it might be some indication, I could, if I felt the urge to discuss it with the interviewee, suggest that if it was bad, then it would be good as I'd know what was wrong and correct it.. if good then wouldn't know bad... so either way??
Just a WAG

Anyway, in the words of Woody Allen,
"I wouldn't go out with anyone that wanted to date me..." or something like that..

Sigh... looks like that part of life is pretty much over...
fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.
Shooting (photos) the Great Nor'West

www.poolesweb.com/

#14 Diverlady

Diverlady

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW w/ specialties & drysuit user
  • Logged Dives:175 - as of Sep 18, 2004

Posted 11 May 2004 - 06:19 AM

I'm not looking for love! :respect: I would much prefer to have GREAT friends that I can hang out with, go diving with and confide in. Both male and female friends. They'll probably be around longer than any guy anyway and I don't have to go through heartache etc. of a breakup.

DL
FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!! It comes bundled with the software.

What do you mean "it doesn't come in PINK"?!?!

#15 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 06:23 AM

I'm not looking for love! :respect: I would much prefer to have GREAT friends that I can hang out with, go diving with and confide in. Both male and female friends. They'll probably be around longer than any guy anyway and I don't have to go through heartache etc. of a breakup.

DL

Good attitude girl!! And you were sooooooooooooo much fun in Cozy!! Can't wait to see you again on another trip!!!

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users