• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

'Deal Breakers' in a Relationship

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#31 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 21 October 2005 - 12:51 PM

I take my piercings out for no man!

Good man, that's the way it should be. For the record mine stay in as well, if she don't like them she doesn't have to stick around.

Now slow down, I will take them out for a woman - at least for a limited time (if they get tangled in her hair, or stuff like that) :teeth:
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#32 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 21 October 2005 - 01:10 PM

ROTFLMAO!!!!
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#33 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 21 October 2005 - 08:07 PM

I take my piercings out for no man!

Good man, that's the way it should be. For the record mine stay in as well, if she don't like them she doesn't have to stick around.

Now slow down, I will take them out for a woman - at least for a limited time (if they get tangled in her hair, or stuff like that) :wakawaka:

Hawk ~ I knew you were a gentleman. :cool1:
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#34 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 24 October 2005 - 04:59 PM

Perhaps the biggest turnoff for me is a woman who has the Princess Syndrome. There is nothing worse than a woman who believes that men exist to serve her. I dated a woman for a short time a couple of years ago who actually told me that "any man who wants to be with me had better open his wallet." She never paid for anything, which is what I explained was the reason when I dumped her. Granted she was smokin' hot with a Playboy quality body, so more guys than not would probably be willing to tolerate this. And we guys feed this behavior, so we have no one but ourselves to blame.
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#35 casematic

casematic

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Cert Level:master
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 24 October 2005 - 07:48 PM

Perhaps the biggest turnoff for me is a woman who has the Princess Syndrome. There is nothing worse than a woman who believes that men exist to serve her. I dated a woman for a short time a couple of years ago who actually told me that "any man who wants to be with me had better open his wallet." She never paid for anything, which is what I explained was the reason when I dumped her. Granted she was smokin' hot with a Playboy quality body, so more guys than not would probably be willing to tolerate this. And we guys feed this behavior, so we have no one but ourselves to blame.

There is an abundance of those here in Las Vegas... They really get a twisted veiw of reality... They look at you and all they see is a wallet with legs....

I once had a girlfriend who informed me that someone was going to support her. Continued to inform me that I needed to get a bigger house and wondered why I hadn't offered to give her money.

I hadn't swallowed the hook....just looking at the bait (she was actually pretty sweet when we first started going out). I bailed right then and there.

She wasn't even that hot (not that it would have made any difference). Who wants a passenger (thats kind of a parasitic relationship)

Ok, I don't want to sound too tainted or cynical, but that is a turn-off. So much so that I'm not even attracted to the what you might call 'knock-out' looks. It just looks phoney more often than not ... (but then I live in Las Vegas - the true silicon valley - artificial and superficial).... Give me the girl that doesn't cake on the makeup, has a 'real' smile, and can have a little fun (like go diving) ... After all, when that package starts to get wrinkled, its going to be what's inside that counts.

#36 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 24 October 2005 - 09:04 PM

have to disagree with some of walter's though, as i resemble those remarks!

You disagree? You don't think they are deal breakers for me?

Walter...would you really throw me overboard due to my tattoo? Really?

:teeth:

Twinklez

#37 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 09:53 PM

Deal Breakers -

Violence

Cheatin!!!!!!

Lies

Filthy Language

Manipulation

Controlling

Excessive Alcohol

Any Illegal Drug Usage

Other Drug Additions

Co-Dependents - I have enough projects of my own without adding you, and I don't want to be your project either.

Lack of Hygiene - especially teeth

Any form of tobacco placed in your mouth that results in spit! YUK!!!

Cigarettes... I'm allergic to cigarette smoke. You can smoke outside, but not in a room or vehicle with me. And to be honest, your kisses will be much more delicious without the residual effects of tobacco.

#38 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 24 October 2005 - 10:07 PM

dated a woman for a short time a couple of years ago who actually told me that "any man who wants to be with me had better open his wallet."

Gee, Jamie, give me her address! I'd be glad to open my wallet for a beautiful woman. Of course there's nothing in it!

#39 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 24 October 2005 - 10:08 PM

Deal Breakers -

Violence

Cheatin!!!!!!

Lies

Filthy Language

Manipulation

Controlling

Excessive Alcohol

Any Illegal Drug Usage

Other Drug Additions

Co-Dependents - I have enough projects of my own without adding you, and I don't want to be your project either.

Lack of Hygiene - especially teeth

Any form of tobacco placed in your mouth that results in spit!  YUK!!!

Cigarettes... I'm allergic to cigarette smoke.  You can smoke outside, but not in a room or vehicle with me.  And to be honest, your kisses will be much more delicious without the residual effects of tobacco.

Gulp. Tina, how many of those did you see in me when you were here? I'm just kidding (right?).

Edited by drbill, 24 October 2005 - 10:09 PM.

#40 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 10:16 PM

Hey, this girl just wants to have fun (love and be loved while doing it)!

:welcome:

Like BabyDuck, I do get lonesome at times but find that being single can be quite enjoyable. I do what I want, when I want. It's a nice change.

#41 Vulture

Vulture

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:60+

Posted 25 October 2005 - 07:11 AM

There is an abundance of those here in Las Vegas... They really get a twisted veiw of reality... They look at you and all they see is a wallet with legs....

I believe there's a word for them... now what was it... almost there...

Oh yeah. They are called Prostitutes.

I'd have to say being a prostitute is defiantely a deal breaker. If for nothing else the typical dinner table conversation of "Hi honey, how was work today?" would be just too weird. :welcome:
Things get better everyday you stay alive
then I'm amazed every day that the sun decides to rise
every minute, every hour, is another chance to change
life is beautiful & terrible & strange.
- "Take Me Home" by Concrete Blonde

#42 Dennis

Dennis

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Open Water II, & Nitrox

Posted 25 October 2005 - 07:26 AM

I shouldn't say this, someone may tell on me. But, when I was in college, I dated a Mechanical Engineering student for a while. The relationship stopped when she told me one evening thay I was getting too expensive. I was pretty puzzled since I was paying for the dinner and the movie, etc. So I asked, "how so?" I guess she thought I knew about the way she was paying for college, the new car, the nice apartment, etc. I didn't, I was clueless, I just thought she had a rich Daddy. She was a very expensive call girl and told me so. For some reason, I wasn't very comfortable with that thought, especially if she was going to be my girlfriend. The relationship ended very amicably by the way. We just decided that if she wasn't going to quit hooking, I was going to quit dating her. We were friends until we both graduated. I always wondered if she quit the call girl thing and became an engineer. The call girl thing probably made more money.

Edited by Dennis, 25 October 2005 - 07:27 AM.

DSSW,
Dennis
"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress ... But I repeat myself." --Mark Twain

#43 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 25 October 2005 - 07:45 AM

Walter...would you really throw me overboard due to my tattoo? Really?

:welcome:

Twinklez

Why would I throw you overboard? You're a diver and perfectly capable of making your own entries. I'd be honored to have you as a dive buddy.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#44 BabyDuck

BabyDuck

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:60+

Posted 25 October 2005 - 09:08 AM

have to disagree with some of walter's though, as i resemble those remarks!

You disagree? You don't think they are deal breakers for me?

no, walter, honey. i agreed that all of jim's were also in line with what i want, and then said all of yours i couldn't agree with *for me*. i was just saving retyping them all. of course they are totally valid for you, and i respect that that's your line in the sand.

i also agree with annasea - i got the piercings in the first place to be played with. i love them & they aren't going anywhere (at least until i have to breastfeed. the other just isn't coming out ever. only once seen that area tear during delivery, and i'm a midwife). can't have too many d-rings! :welcome:

#45 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 11:08 AM

i also agree with annasea - i got the piercings in the first place to be played with.  i love them & they aren't going anywhere (at least until i have to breastfeed.  the other just isn't coming out ever.  only once seen that area tear during delivery, and i'm a midwife).  can't have too many d-rings!  :teeth:

D rings?! Really?? Most interesting! I opted for barbells for both of mine. (One we have in common and the other navel.)

Much :welcome: to you, BabyDuck on your *pair*, I'm guessing. I had thought about it but apparently it's one of the most painful. :birthday:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users