• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2006: July 4th Fireworks on History...NC Wrecks

• Please log in to reply
326 replies to this topic

#271 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,625 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 27 June 2006 - 07:03 PM

Arrival Information:

Yes for those flying in please let me know your arrival time in the thread or via trips@singledivers.com so that we can capture all of this for proper flight pick up.

Most of the "Drive In" divers know the drill and they will arrive at various times from about 7pm until fairly late on Friday. For those arriving by 7pm...we'll be doing dinner at about that time as that is when I think the van will arrive from RDU. I'll know better once I know the latest arrival time from the 'fly in' divers.

Also PLEASE make sure that you have faxed or emailed your forms to us. The fax is 214-350-2558 and the email is trips@singledivers.com

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#272 Vulture

Vulture

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:60+

Posted 27 June 2006 - 08:02 PM

*cries* I can't find the form I need to fill out.

I'm blaming it on brain fried from new job. :dance:

I'm driving in, hope to meet you for dinner, and you can spank me then for failing to follow directions. :usflag:
Things get better everyday you stay alive
then I'm amazed every day that the sun decides to rise
every minute, every hour, is another chance to change
life is beautiful & terrible & strange.
- "Take Me Home" by Concrete Blonde

#273 scubafanatic

scubafanatic

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Advanced Nitrox and Deco Procedures, Cavern
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 27 June 2006 - 09:37 PM

Here's the flight info for Nurseshark (Karen) and Scubafanatic (Karl) :

06/30/06
US Airways
# 384 leave dfw at 0820 arrive charlotte 1151
#849 leave charlotte 1245 am arrive Raliegh 133pm

07/05/06
US Airways
#689 leave raliegh 0600
arrive charlotte 0647
#1219 leave charlotte 750 am arrive dfw 0929 am

#274 ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Cert Level:Course Director; CCR Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2000+

Posted 27 June 2006 - 10:02 PM

Last call for scooters. If nobody else is bringing one, I am not going to bring mine.

I am finishing up gear review and gear packing tonight. Tomorrow, I'll pack my personal items. Manny and I leave on Thursday after stopping off for fills.

It's almost go-time!
"The most important thing is not to stop questioning." Albert Einstein

"For the diligent diver, closed circuit rebreathers are actually safer than open circuit scuba." Tom Mount

#275 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 27 June 2006 - 10:12 PM

SDM

i remember vinny saying something about bringing his so you have a buddy there, beyond that i dont think anyone else is bringing a scooter.

Tooth

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#276 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 27 June 2006 - 10:50 PM

I should be arriving with my passenger about noon on Friday :usflag: .
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#277 ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Cert Level:Course Director; CCR Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2000+

Posted 27 June 2006 - 11:22 PM

I should be arriving with my passenger about noon on Friday :usflag: .

Manny and I will likely get there between 2:00 and 4:00 in the afternoon.
"The most important thing is not to stop questioning." Albert Einstein

"For the diligent diver, closed circuit rebreathers are actually safer than open circuit scuba." Tom Mount

#278 scubafanatic

scubafanatic

• PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Advanced Nitrox and Deco Procedures, Cavern
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 27 June 2006 - 11:52 PM

Hi Kamala,

...is this your cell # : 214-350-7003 ?

Nurseshark and I are concerned about how we're supposed to meet @ 3 pm (Eastern time I assume?) with the group van, so we'd like your cell # so we can locate the van.

Thanks,

Karl

#279 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,625 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 05:45 AM

Hi Kamala,

...is this your cell # : 214-350-7003 ?

Nurseshark and I are concerned about how we're supposed to meet @ 3 pm (Eastern time I assume?) with the group van, so we'd like your cell # so we can locate the van.

Thanks,

Karl

WOO!!! HOO!!! I think you are the last to arrive so that means we leave after picking you guys up and don't have to wait until 3pm!!!

Once I have everyone's flight details I'll let you know approx what time I'll get you! (I still need a few more flight details and we'll have our game plan!!!)

And yes...214-350-7003 is also my celfone # (Just let it ring...it takes more rings when I'm traveling to reach me!)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#280 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,625 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 05:47 AM

Hey NCer's!

It is but a few days before our trip and we desparately need your forms and surveys and/or tank preferences and t-shirt sizes back if you have not returned them. I leave for NC o'dark early Friday so we need these today and no later than tomorrow.

Forms:

Please fax the waiver form to 214-350-2558. Please email the survey to trips@singledivers.com We must have these back to make rooming arrangements or you might be staying with someone VERY uncompatible to you. I do not have access to previous forms you've sent for previous trips...they go in a file to the account for liability purposes and are not kept on file. PLEASE get us these forms asap! (Fingrabber will send this message to you along with the access to the forms forum so you can download any of the docs you need. She also emailed them to you all about 2 weeks ago.)

Flights:

ALso if you are flying into RDU and wish a pickup at the airport, you'll need to send me your flight details and time of arrival so I can advise when I will be able to pick you up. It could be instantly or within about 20 to 30 minutes of your arrival. But I must know everyone's arrival time in order to coordinate the pickups.

Cookout & Food Preferences:

Please note any food issues for the cookout that I need to be aware of and if you drink beer or wine and/or do you prefer red or white, light or dark for the cookout on Saturday.

Thank you all for your assistance in this, Kamala

formerly...

#281 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,625 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 05:49 AM

Forms Update:

I just rec'd via fax this morning Bill aka OTWDiver's liab waiver and his survey! :thankyou:

formerly...

#282 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,625 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 06:01 AM

Arrival Info:

Fly In's:

For the "Fly In" divers we'll be arriving about 7pm unless the last flight arrival is 1:33pm and then we'll arrive closer to 5:30 or 6pm.

Group Dinner:

A group dinner is planned for 7:30 pm for anyone that wishes to join me and my captive audience i.e. the 'fly in' passengers who have been held captive in my van for the last 3 hours! :thankyou:

Drive Ins:

For those driving in, you'll need to find the Fisherman's Inn 252-726-2273 on the Atlantic Beach Causeway. (You'll be on US70 and you'll want to take Hwy 58 which is the Causeway. (Note: Don't take Hwy 58 unless you are about 5 miles from MoreHead City or else you'll be adding 2 hours of scenic drive to your plans. Another clue...if you don't immediately go up and over the water then you are on the wrong end of Hwy 58 and you need to continue on US70 until you are within a few miles of MoreHead City (MHC) and THEN turn onto Hwy 58.

Things to do:

Upon arriving in Atlantic Beach, there are TONS of cool things to do such as checking out the tall ships, checking out Ft Macon, checking out Queen Anne's Revenge (Blackbeard's) Museum in Beaufort, NC and more.

Room Check In:

I'll have the rooming assignments sent to Billy Brewer the owner of the Fisherman's Inn and he will have your rooming assignments. Some of you have requested to be in the bunkhouse with me so I'll have those lucky folks on the list as well!

formerly...

#283 scubabjs

scubabjs

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue

Posted 28 June 2006 - 07:29 AM

SDM

i remember vinny saying something about bringing his so you have a buddy there, beyond that i dont think anyone else is bringing a scooter.

Tooth

Scubatooth, I am not leaving until Friday morning, do you know what time you will be getting to the DC area? The option for a place to stay on Thursday still stands if you need it. I am about 40 mins from where Doris lives though.

Also last call, for me bringing in my HP DIN 120's.

Bjs
So, if my computer is flashing 212 .. 212 .. 212 does that mean I can't go any deeper?

#284 nurseshark

nurseshark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW,Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 28 June 2006 - 08:27 AM

Hey NCer's!

It is but a few days before our trip and we desparately need your forms and surveys and/or tank preferences and t-shirt sizes back if you have not returned them. I leave for NC o'dark early Friday so we need these today and no later than tomorrow.

Forms:

Please fax the waiver form to 214-350-2558. Please email the survey to trips@singledivers.com We must have these back to make rooming arrangements or you might be staying with someone VERY uncompatible to you. I do not have access to previous forms you've sent for previous trips...they go in a file to the account for liability purposes and are not kept on file. PLEASE get us these forms asap! (Fingrabber will send this message to you along with the access to the forms forum so you can download any of the docs you need. She also emailed them to you all about 2 weeks ago.)

Flights:

ALso if you are flying into RDU and wish a pickup at the airport, you'll need to send me your flight details and time of arrival so I can advise when I will be able to pick you up. It could be instantly or within about 20 to 30 minutes of your arrival. But I must know everyone's arrival time in order to coordinate the pickups.

Cookout & Food Preferences:

Please note any food issues for the cookout that I need to be aware of and if you drink beer or wine and/or do you prefer red or white, light or dark for the cookout on Saturday.

Thank you all for your assistance in this, Kamala

:thankyou: :birthday: :birthday: :cool2:

Its FINALLY almost time!!!
:birthday: My beer preferance...corona...ICE COLD AND PLENTY OF IT :birthday:
See ya'll soon
Karen

#285 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range

Posted 28 June 2006 - 08:56 AM

SDM

Tooth

Scubatooth, I am not leaving until Friday morning, do you know what time you will be getting to the DC area? The option for a place to stay on Thursday still stands if you need it. I am about 40 mins from where Doris lives though.

Also last call, for me bringing in my HP DIN 120's.

Bjs

BJS

i dont live in the DC area i live just outside of Dallas (i used to live in germantown maryland, but thats been 16 years since i have lived there). I personally will be getting in to RDU at a little after 10 am

Tooth

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users