• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2006: July 4th Fireworks on History...NC Wrecks

• Please log in to reply
326 replies to this topic

#106 Vulture

Vulture

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:60+

Posted 12 April 2006 - 11:41 AM

Ok, Since Vanessa and Doris stopped talking to me after I canceled on the wine tour...
And They are mad at me cause I won't be making this month's Happy Hour because I'll be diving in Utila...
And this is looking like a re-union from last year, which is far better than any High School Re-union...

I'm in!
Paypal has now taken my money for this event.

Would you two be interested in flying down? I'll have to find out about the overnight fees, but there's a small airport on the North edge of Beafort.
Things get better everyday you stay alive
then I'm amazed every day that the sun decides to rise
every minute, every hour, is another chance to change
life is beautiful & terrible & strange.
- "Take Me Home" by Concrete Blonde

#107 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,677 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 12 April 2006 - 11:50 AM

Ok, Since Vanessa and Doris stopped talking to me after I canceled on the wine tour...
And They are mad at me cause I won't be making this month's Happy Hour because I'll be diving in Utila...
And this is looking like a re-union from last year, which is far better than any High School Re-union...

I'm in!

Would you two be interested in flying down? I'll have to find out about the overnight fees, but there's a small airport on the North edge of Beafort.

Oh my gosh...that is great news! I am sooooooooo glad that Vanessa and Doris have such an amazing affect on you! Go girls...and yes Joe...you are a LUCKY MAN!!!! :diver:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#108 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:21 PM

I'm in!

Ok Joe, you are off the hook. :diver: :diver: that you can make it.

Flying to NC would be cool too if it is not too expensive, but I do not want to miss any dives, and I know that Vanessa does not want to miss any dives either. So that means that we would have to fly back on July 5.

#109 WreckGoddess

WreckGoddess

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Board Status:Studying for Exams (May 1-15th)
  • Cert Level:Master Diver / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:46 PM

ohhh come on.. wimps!! it is only like 7 hours!! I am all about driving through the night :fish:

Well the thing is.. we are going to have a LOT of DC people going on this one. We can definately carpool for cheaper than flying! Not to mention that what about my scuba gear? And the more dives the better!

OMG.. I can't believe I am acutally going to be able to dive with Joe! I thought you were just all talk. :diver:

I'm in!

Ok Joe, you are off the hook. :fish: :diver: that you can make it.

Flying to NC would be cool too if it is not too expensive, but I do not want to miss any dives, and I know that Vanessa does not want to miss any dives either. So that means that we would have to fly back on July 5.

Edited by WreckGoddess, 12 April 2006 - 01:48 PM.

"If you gave me several million years, there would be nothing that did not grow in beauty if it were surrounded by water."
~JAN ERIK VOLD, What All The World Knows, 1970~

Check out the next NOVA/DC/MD Happy Hour/Or Local Event

#110 Vulture

Vulture

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:60+

Posted 12 April 2006 - 02:18 PM

No dives would be missed. And if we had to fly back early we'd just fly low level... *ducks from all the DAN rules thrown his way*

I did check, and the overnight fees would make it prohibitive. For a 3 day trip it would get absorbed, but the place wants 3hrs/day minimum plane is gone. That would effectively double the cost for a 5 day trip.

I can't believe I am acutally going to be able to dive with Joe! I thought you were just all talk.

I am - must keep the mouth in shape. :diver:
Things get better everyday you stay alive
then I'm amazed every day that the sun decides to rise
every minute, every hour, is another chance to change
life is beautiful & terrible & strange.
- "Take Me Home" by Concrete Blonde

#111 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:25 PM

ohhh come on.. wimps!! it is only like 7 hours!! I am all about driving through the night :diver:

Ok, no flying, but driving through the night? Not me! I want to join Kamala and the others for dinner. I don't want to miss out on any fun. :diver:

#112 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Cert Level:GUE T2/C1
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 12 April 2006 - 04:24 PM

Brian,
I have yet to double up my 130s and have another set of worthington 130s on order. If I can square away my dry suite it should make for a nice combo...

But I'll be wet and in dbl 80s for penetration into the 352...more streamlined.

#113 ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Cert Level:Course Director; CCR Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2000+

Posted 12 April 2006 - 08:46 PM

Brian,
I have yet to double up my 130s and have another set of worthington 130s on order. If I can square away my dry suite it should make for a nice combo...

You still have plenty of time.

I just sent my regs in for service before the upcoming Live Aboard to the Bahamas. http://www.singlediv...aboard memorial I also sent in my CCR handsets for the latest upgrades. I want to have everything ready for go-time.
"The most important thing is not to stop questioning." Albert Einstein

"For the diligent diver, closed circuit rebreathers are actually safer than open circuit scuba." Tom Mount

#114 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 12 April 2006 - 09:13 PM

Ok, I admit that I"m trying to figure out how to do this trip!!

if I can figure it all out, I'll be there!

#115 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 12 April 2006 - 11:04 PM

ohhh come on.. wimps!! it is only like 7 hours!! I am all about driving through the night :cool1:

Ok, no flying, but driving through the night? Not me! I want to join Kamala and the others for dinner. I don't want to miss out on any fun. :cool1:

I'll be driving through the area with plans to be in Morehead City for dinner on the first night before we leave. I could pick up a person from N. Virginia/DC area on the way. It's a twenty hour drive for me, but double 130's and double 100's don't fly well.

I pick up the roomier vehicle next week :cool1: .
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#116 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 12 April 2006 - 11:06 PM

Brian,

I have a set of HP100's that I may reserve for the U-352. I don't have a wetsuit thick enough for that type of diving anymore, so my drysuit will have to suffice :cool1: .
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#117 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 06:02 AM

Ok, I admit that I"m trying to figure out how to do this trip!!

if I can figure it all out, I'll be there!

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

#118 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 17 April 2006 - 03:28 PM

I have a set of HP100's that I may reserve for the U-352. I don't have a wetsuit thick enough for that type of diving anymore, so my drysuit will have to suffice :diver:.

Speaking of wetsuits, I know I have asked this before, but what is recommended for July diving. I am hoping to get away with my 3 mil, with a hoodie and booties instead of diving dry. I would like to enjoy wetsuit diving since I dive dry year-around up here.

What are everyone's suggestions. My 3 mil is a ScubaPro Barrier Steamer.
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#119 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Cert Level:GUE T2/C1
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 18 April 2006 - 12:42 AM

I usually dive my 3mm with no problems...but tomorow I'll look through my log book and throw out some temps.

#120 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,677 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 18 April 2006 - 03:30 AM

I have a set of HP100's that I may reserve for the U-352. I don't have a wetsuit thick enough for that type of diving anymore, so my drysuit will have to suffice :teeth:.

Speaking of wetsuits, I know I have asked this before, but what is recommended for July diving. I am hoping to get away with my 3 mil, with a hoodie and booties instead of diving dry. I would like to enjoy wetsuit diving since I dive dry year-around up here.

What are everyone's suggestions. My 3 mil is a ScubaPro Barrier Steamer.

The bottom temps should be in the 80's come July. The water has been steadily warming so unless a cold spell comes...you should be toasty in a 3mil. I on the other hand will be wearing a dry suit. But then you live in the NW and I live in TX. You are having spring and we are having record temps OVER 100 right now.

In fact...in 80 degree water I think you'd be toasty in nothing but a bathing suit! :)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users