• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Soulmates Poll

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

Poll: If you were single and found your "soulmate", would you move to be with him/her even if you had to move cross country or to a new one? (86 member(s) have cast votes)

If you were single and found your "soulmate", would you move to be with him/her even if you had to move cross country or to a new one?

1. Hell yes! (42 votes [48.84%])

Percentage of vote: 48.84%

2. No way. (5 votes [5.81%])

Percentage of vote: 5.81%

3. I really can't say. (13 votes [15.12%])

Percentage of vote: 15.12%

4. This is a hypothetical question that could never happen. (4 votes [4.65%])

Percentage of vote: 4.65%

5. I need more information in order to vote. (22 votes [25.58%])

Percentage of vote: 25.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 blacklatexozdiver

blacklatexozdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Board Status:-
  • Cert Level:OW, Drysuit, Underwater Naturalist
  • Logged Dives:16 (pretty hard to dive where there's no water...)

Posted 31 October 2005 - 05:05 AM

Here you go folks. This is based upon my situation. It'd be interesting to see what y'all say.
"Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love." Albert Einstein

SD's Aussie Connection.

#2 annasea

annasea

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:56 AM

Wes,

Since half of us logical thinkers *need more info*, I'm reckoning some of us may be inclined to vote "Hell, yes!" were we provided with it.

I guess the question is, without being too personal, what is preventing you from moving to Canada to be with your beloved? You mentioned financial matters, I believe, in another thread, but how does that balance out with such a strong love for another person? :unsure:

#3 blacklatexozdiver

blacklatexozdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Board Status:-
  • Cert Level:OW, Drysuit, Underwater Naturalist
  • Logged Dives:16 (pretty hard to dive where there's no water...)

Posted 31 October 2005 - 12:23 PM

Wes,

Since half of us logical thinkers *need more info*, I'm reckoning some of us may be inclined to vote "Hell, yes!" were we provided with it.

I guess the question is, without being too personal, what is preventing you from moving to Canada to be with your beloved? You mentioned financial matters, I believe, in another thread, but how does that balance out with such a strong love for another person? :unsure:

Ok... for the sake of this poll let us assume that one has no "baggage" in terms of financials etc. The main idea of the poll is to see how many of you would leave family, friends and so on to be with your soul-mate. For some I see it would be a huge culture shock.

(My actual situation is similar - the lady I see as my soul-mate is a French Canadian. Financially I have a car loan to pay off and if I was to move there I'd need a job as I'm too proud to "mooch" off others & the government.)

Hope that helps - it's 2:26am here so if I sound a bit disjointed (for want of a better term), that's why.
"Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love." Albert Einstein

SD's Aussie Connection.

#4 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:17 PM

If you're sure, really sure, go for it!!!!!!!
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#5 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:37 PM

I would only move somewhere warm. :unsure:

#6 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:39 PM

You're already someplace cold, you wouldn't move to another cold place?

DSSW,

WWW™

#7 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:52 PM

(My actual situation is similar - the lady I see as my soul-mate is a French Canadian.  Financially I have a car loan to pay off and if I was to move there I'd need a job as I'm too proud to "mooch" off others & the government.)

I don't think financial concerns should keep two people apart. A car loan? You can pay that off from Canada. Getting a job? Have you looked into applying for landed immigrant status? (A classmate of mine had a boyfriend who was able to emigrate from France even though he was *just* a carpenter.)

Would you not consider marriage? (I'm not a believer in marriage, nor am I a mooch, but if I had to compromise one or the other in order to be with the person I truly loved, I'd marry. As well, once you're married you're eventually entitled to work. Mooch problem solved! :unsure:)

:)

#8 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:55 PM

Hell no. I hate the cold and I can't wait until my kid graduates either high school, or college if he goes to a state school, so that I can move somewhere warm and worry about supporting only me.

#9 normblitch

normblitch

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Board Status:Ginnie Springs 12/17, Crystal River 12/18...
  • Cert Level:Cave
  • Logged Dives:522

Posted 31 October 2005 - 02:09 PM

Hell no. I hate the cold and I can't wait until my kid graduates either high school, or college if he goes to a state school, so that I can move somewhere warm and worry about supporting only me.

Come to Florida...

http://www.pbase.com...34163171/medium

just do it QUICKLY, before we make I-95 & I-75 one-way NORTH, and I-10 one-way WEST!!

:unsure:

Norm

#10 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 02:37 PM

Ellen, it looks like you have a fan................

DSSW,

WWW™

#11 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 02:51 PM

Ellen, it looks like you have a fan................

I have lots of fans Walter. :unsure:

#12 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 31 October 2005 - 03:17 PM

Well my plan is to move onto a sailboat and head for the islands but I've had women tell me I live to far away or in the wrong state so I'm reading into that that they don't want to live on a sailboat in the tropics. Why can't they just say that? :anna:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#13 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 31 October 2005 - 03:36 PM

Yes, if there were no "baggage", I would move. But the reality is there is always baggage of some sort. I've lived/worked in other parts of the country and couldn't wait to get home. My "soulmate", if there is one, would have to either move here or already be local. Since I don't really believe in long-distance courtships, that really only leaves the latter choice.
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#14 TraceMalin

TraceMalin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Cert Level:Junior Jedi Knight
  • Logged Dives:6000+ (combined scuba & extended range freedives)

Posted 31 October 2005 - 04:56 PM

Here you go folks.  This is based upon my situation.  It'd be interesting to see what y'all say.

I voted, "Hell, yes!" but don't go by me. I'd give up everything in my life (including my life) for the taste of one woman's lips.

Trace

Edited by TraceMalin, 31 October 2005 - 04:59 PM.

Trace Malinowski
Technical Training Director
PDIC International

#15 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 05:00 PM

What I find especially interesting about this thread is the fact that (so far) 3 people have voted "This is a hypothetical question that could never happen."

Why couldn't it happen, I wonder? :welcome:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users