• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2004: The singles WARM Northern Trip Sept 3-7

• Please log in to reply
281 replies to this topic

#76 DivingGal

DivingGal

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster.... love looking at critters, but enjoy wrecks when I can't
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 23 June 2004 - 05:31 AM

Don -- I would NOT be flying (except down the highway) :hiya: I can even go on auto-pilot as the car really knows the route.
Sometimes, you just gotta be

#77 Diverlady

Diverlady

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW w/ specialties & drysuit user
  • Logged Dives:175 - as of Sep 18, 2004

Posted 23 June 2004 - 06:15 AM

DL who do you think has been doing "scouting" for Brian? This could be my cheapest dive vacation yet!

Awesome DG!

Thanks for helping out Brian so much with this. You're more local to that area than I am and a great organizer to boot!

DL
FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!! It comes bundled with the software.

What do you mean "it doesn't come in PINK"?!?!

#78 MERMAID

MERMAID

Getting started

• Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, Wreck

Posted 23 June 2004 - 08:12 AM

I wouldn't mind up North either. I'm from Chicago also, so I wouldn't mind helping with the planning if needed. I own a 7mm.

If not the great lakes anyone interested in Bonne Terre Mines in Missouri. Water temp. 54 degrees. My 7mm worked fine with cotton long john lycra and some socks. It sounds bulky, but it was not.
TO DIVE OR NOT TO DIVE........WHAT A STUPID QUESTION

#79 canuckdiver

canuckdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Cert Level:Decompression procedures
  • Logged Dives:>120

Posted 23 June 2004 - 09:22 AM

Don, check with Kamala, I have been talking via PM with her.
Ottawa and toronto are reasonably handy for me to be able to help out as far as transportation is concerned.

Montreal is the other side of brockville, so while it might be a touch closer for you, it would make a long haul for me, unless we have another member out that way???
"what works, works" - shek exley

"the WW Approved 'Unofficial' guardian angel"

#80 hnladue

hnladue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue/Adv Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:enough

Posted 23 June 2004 - 10:37 AM

Or if someone wants to fly into Rochester NY and drive up with me!!! It's still a 3 hour drive but at least I wouldn't have to drive up there alone.
Sempar Partus!!

#81 DandyDon

DandyDon

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 23 June 2004 - 11:48 AM

How far is the drive from Montreal or Ottawa???

{I PMed W-Wench last night on this last night, and she asked me to post this}

I posted this earlier...

Okay, I can fly into Ottawa, Toronto, or Montreal - one about as easy as another. Toronto looks to be 137 miles further from Brockville than Ottawa, though, so why would you suggest Toronto...?

I can currently get into Montreal cheaper than the other two, and while it's 56 miles further than Ottawa, that's not much. It's still 81 miles closer than Toronto.

That is, Brockville is 72 miles from Ottawa, 128 miles from Montral, and 209 miles from Toronto, according to MSN Maps & Directions

And I have a couple of rental cars booked for cheap, for now...
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#82 DivingGal

DivingGal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster.... love looking at critters, but enjoy wrecks when I can't

Posted 23 June 2004 - 12:48 PM

Hmmm OK here **my** take on driving to Brockville.
  • from Toronto -- farthest away, about 4 hours, getting from airport to 401 and driving across Toronto may be the biggest challenge - depending on when you land. But then it's a straight drive all on the 401.
  • Montreal the "in between" distance. I'm not sure which airport you'll land at Mirabel or Dorval. I think Dorval. It's been a long time since I've gone to either airport (at least by car), so I don't know how easy it is to get to the highway leaving Montreal to get on .... the 401.
  • from Ottawa -- the shortest. To the 416, then 401. Travel time just over an hour.
I can help out if you land in Ottawa :cool1:

#83 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 23 June 2004 - 03:20 PM

Things are pretty much set-up. Stay tuned and read the details for an awesome trip. I plan on driving in on Thursday night/Friday morning.
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#84 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,667 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 24 June 2004 - 04:20 PM

Or if someone wants to fly into Rochester NY and drive up with me!!! It's still a 3 hour drive but at least I wouldn't have to drive up there alone.

Oooh that could be another option a possibly cheaper! I'll check into this as well. Gosh you all are so nice!! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#85 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,667 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 04:36 PM

Hey gang...more computer glitches....AAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

Ok so here is what we have! (Brian did an awesome job getting some wonderful help from DivingGal and others to make this all work out!)

Brockville Getting Wrecked Weekend

For the low price of $425.00, you will receive the warm camaraderie of the SD.com divers who attend for all of the Labor Day weekend starting on Friday September 3 through Monday, September 6, (to cover the divers included in the twenty-four hr. no-fly safety rule), if you fly in. If you only need rooms through Sunday night, you pay $400 assuming you and your roommate check out early.

Discounts:

$50 SingleDiver.com membership discount.

As if this weren’t enough, you receive the following:

Included:

Three (3) days of 2 tank boat diving on lovely freshwater wrecks with Bottom Time Charters. One day will be on the US side of the border on US wrecks, so please bring your identification to keep customs and immigration happy. The other two days will be on Canadian Wrecks! The boat will be leaving at 1:30 pm daily so you can rest all you want if our Happy Hours get a little too happy the night before (We are on vacation after all!).

Four night’s of fun lodging at the Seaway Lodge or only 3 if you are driving and wish to leave after our last day of diving. This is complete with places to hang wet wetsuits and BBQ grills. Rooms include a refrigerator in which to hold those favorite beverages and a microwave for the snack attacks. This is also a mere 15 minutes from the docks.

The traditional SingleDivers.com BBQ Saturday night after our dives with all kinds of treats for all appetites. Bring your appetite and maybe a hand or two to help with the grilling and be prepared to have a ball!

Not Included:

Please provide (in addition to your sense of humor and adventure) the following items or in other words, the following items are NOT included in the cost of the trip:

1. Rental tanks and fills (Pricing to be posted soon!)
2. Local Transportation (including to and from the boat docks and the airport)
3. Weights (although many of the driving divers that help with classes probably carry enough between them to weight down the Queen Mary if asked)

NOTE: Fly in divers should be able to ride with various SDer's or rent a car if they so desire.

Optional:

1. Also, if you wish to do a twilight dive on Friday night and pub dinner that will be extra as well. (Pricing will be posted for this soon!)

2. We are currently working on a single room upgrade but as of now all pricing is based upon double occupancy.

Other:

The boat only carries 10 divers so we are limiting the trip to the first 10 divers to sign up! Don't delay...the spots should go fast.

We will be moving this thread to the official SingleDivers.com Trips section and putting it on the calendar!

Payments will be needed very soon as the dive operator requires 50% down at time of booking. I have not put this money down yet but will need to do it tomorrow.

See you all there! I'm planning to be there with bells and whistles!!! And blue lips if I don't get my drysuit in time! LOL!!! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#86 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,667 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 05:33 PM

Ok we have a typo and I need to verify which day we are diving either we dive Fri Sat & Sun or Sat Sun & Mon. I'll see what it is. k

formerly...

#87 DivingGal

DivingGal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 07:58 AM

Ok USD or Cdn hehehe.... count me in, just how are we signing up for this?

#88 Diverlady

Diverlady

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW w/ specialties & drysuit user
  • Logged Dives:175 - as of Sep 18, 2004

Posted 25 June 2004 - 08:48 AM

I was wondering if that was USD or CDN$ too!!

WW says she is going to add it to the booking calendar so stay tuned.

Diverlady
FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!! It comes bundled with the software.

What do you mean "it doesn't come in PINK"?!?!

#89 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,667 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 09:06 AM

Ok we have a typo and I need to verify which day we are diving either we dive Fri Sat & Sun or Sat Sun & Mon. I'll see what it is. k

Sorry for the confusion, here are the corrected dates....it is DIVE Sat, Sun & Mon with TRAVEL days of Friday and Tuesday for fly in people...some of the drive in people may choose to start driving after we dive on Monday!

For the low price of $425.00 USD, you will receive the warm camaraderie of the SD.com divers who attend for all of the Labor Day weekend starting on Friday September 3 (travel day) through Tuesday, September 7 (travel day) diving 3 days...Saturday, Sunday and Monday, (to cover the divers included in the twenty-four hr. no-fly safety rule), if you fly in. If you only need rooms through Sunday night, you pay $400 USD assuming you and your roommate both check out early.

Ok for booking of the trip....

1. I will be posting this trip in the Aqutrix booking system that I use for reservations. If you have not registered for a trip via aquatrix before you can go to the main page of the website Homepage SingleDivers.com and click on "Upcoming Trips". Then click on the calendar at the bottom of the page and it will take you to a trip listing of all SD trips. Click on the Brockville Wreck Trip and you'll see a picture of a boat. In the upper right corner you'll see a box to click that says 'Reserve Now'. Click on that and you'll see the opportunity to enter your password or register as a new member. Please register if you have not done so already. PLEASE have your c-card handy when you do as the system will ask you for your c-card. Please enter complete c-card info and emergency contact info as I will use this info for the trip and the system will print out our dive waivers filled out IF I can get a copy of the dive operators wavier and download it into the system in advance. After you do this it will finish your reservation for the trip and you'll show up on the boat. I will assume everyone is doing the 4 nite package vs. the 3 night package since we will be getting back late in the afternoon to early evening. IF you are diving the 3 night package just let me know and we'll manually adjust your trip pricing and keep tabs on the thread.

2. Please let me know if you are going via the thread so we can keep a count there as well Aquatrix.

3. Please send your paypal payment plus 3% since prices show a cash discount or drop a check in the mail to:

Kamala Shadduck
SingleDivers.com
3957 Gaspar Ste #200
Dallas, TX 75220

We have committed to the entire boat of 10 so I pray we fill it out as we'll need every spot filled! Thanks gang!!! I'll start the list of who's going on the first of the thead!

-kamala aka wreck wench

formerly...

#90 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,667 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 09:48 AM

Woo!!! Hoo!!! DiverLady is officially in!! Don't forget to tell me if doing 4 nights or 3 nights! Thanks, Kamala

P.S. Still working on getting the info into Aquatrix...it should be there in about an hour...if I can stay off the phone that long!! LOL!!! :thankyou:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users