• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

The Florida Dive of the Month!!!

• Please log in to reply
561 replies to this topic

#61 Orlando Eric

Orlando Eric

Getting started

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Cert Level:OW- AOW- Nitrox- Rescue-Divemaster (1982~present)

Posted 23 May 2006 - 06:48 PM

Here is ANOTHER Jupiter Dive Fan. I am up for Jupiter dives! There are always insteresting sea creatures on the Jupiter reef sites.
My days off change every two weeks. If you are diving on the East coast of Florida during the weekday drop me a line I may be off and diving too..

#62 Dave Bush

Dave Bush

Getting started

• Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Cert Level:Tech 1/Rescue
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 01 June 2006 - 09:53 PM

There is one in the works for the 3rd or 4th weekend in Key Largo. Details should be posted soon.

:thankyou: Waiting for details...
David Bush
Titusville, FL

#63 Orlando Eric

Orlando Eric

Getting started

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Cert Level:OW- AOW- Nitrox- Rescue-Divemaster (1982~present)

Posted 15 June 2006 - 06:02 PM

DIVING! Who has been diving in FLorida and not sharing with the SingleDivers!?!

I will start with some ideas for trips.

Someone Said Jupiter! Lets get together and do a Jupiter Happy Hour (Afterlunch) It fills that growling gap bewteen Lunch and Dinner... the much needed sister to the delicious term "Brunch."

Here are the options Revolving around MY scheledule Of Course.

June 19th, 20th. 27th, or 28th.

Then of course WHAT ARE YOU DOING July 4th!?! THIS is a SINLGES forum! Are you going to hang out with your obnoxious Uncle Louie and Nosey Aunt Gertrude??

I say we go DIVING! Celebrate the Nations Independence by Celebrating your Singleness (Independence)!!

So here are my Plans. Jupiter the upcoming June dates. I am open to any Day trip to Anywhere in Florida for July Fourth. More than a Day trip and I will be hunting a Couch to sleep on I hate the LONG drive after a Good Dive.

Input and Feed back will be entertained... if no one has any input (or your ideas just plain suck) then I will be going without you.. in the True Independent SINGLES spirt!

:D
My days off change every two weeks. If you are diving on the East coast of Florida during the weekday drop me a line I may be off and diving too..

#64 Dave Bush

Dave Bush

Getting started

• Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Cert Level:Tech 1/Rescue
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 15 June 2006 - 07:04 PM

I like the Jupiter idea. However, it is a bit of a drive for me and I would prefer maybe a morning or afternoon dive followed by a happy hour dinner or something. And weekdays would be difficult for me. That is my $0.02...
David Bush
Titusville, FL

#65 ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Cert Level:Course Director; CCR Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2000+

Posted 15 June 2006 - 07:16 PM

I can't dive during the work week.
"The most important thing is not to stop questioning." Albert Einstein

"For the diligent diver, closed circuit rebreathers are actually safer than open circuit scuba." Tom Mount

#66 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 08:10 PM

Well, in the past month, I've done Troy Springs, Morrison Springs, Ginnie Springs, and a dive in the Gulf.

Where were you guys?

#67 Travelgal

Travelgal

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:236

Posted 15 June 2006 - 08:26 PM

I am in Jupiter and would love to do a group dive but will be gone until July 16th!!! Between the 16 and the 28th I will be around! I know that is a small window....but I have a crazy summer! Travelgal!
Never make someone a priority in your life who has only made you an option in theirs!

#68 sparky103

sparky103

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:180

Posted 16 June 2006 - 04:36 PM

There is one in the works for the 3rd or 4th weekend in Key Largo. Details should be posted soon.

What month are we talking about? I'll talk to anyone anytime about the Keys :cheerleader: jeff
There's a fine line between stubborn and stupid. Pete Dexter

There's hope,  just not for us. Franz Kafka

When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. jacques-yves cousteau

I rise every morning torn between the desire to save the world, or to savor the world. E B White

In three words I can sum up life: It goes on. Robert Frost

#69 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 16 June 2006 - 04:43 PM

The July dive of the month is in the planning stages. It has been moved to Pompano Beach on July 22nd. I am waiting for pricing from WW and a thread will be posted as soon as I have the info.
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#70 ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 11:44 PM

The July dive of the month is in the planning stages. It has been moved to Pompano Beach on July 22nd. I am waiting for pricing from WW and a thread will be posted as soon as I have the info.

Please make it an afternoon dive so that those of us traveling to get there can do so without having to wake up in the middle of the night. :lmao:

"For the diligent diver, closed circuit rebreathers are actually safer than open circuit scuba." Tom Mount

#71 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 24 June 2006 - 06:31 AM

Information on the Florida July Dive of the month is posted HERE
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#72 Surelyshirly

Surelyshirly

Getting started

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:42 PM

I hope you Florida divers are going to start up the dive of the month again. I would really look forward to it. Would be happy to host a dive in the area I'm in just let me know

#73 ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 10:55 AM

I might sit out this coming weekend to catch up with life after returning from my cave trip, where I was doing two nice dives a day. Of course, someone might convince me to dive if there were a trip running.

#74 reefraff

reefraff

Getting started

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Cert Level:O/W nitrox
  • Logged Dives:32

Posted 04 December 2006 - 08:11 AM

My scuba shop in Spartenburg Sc has just done it's annual trip to the springs area. We dove devils den, Ginnie spring, and Rainbow river during the weekend of 11-25-06. The water temps ranged from 68 to 74. A few people said the water was on the cooler side in rainbow river and felt a little cold after about a 1 hour dive. Local tour boat guides have said that the Manatees are starting to come in, and some have been spotted. We were also told that it would be a couple of more weeks before they move in. We were briefed that you and pet/scratch them if they come up to you, but you can not chase them, they must come to you. Viz was great and early morning dives were not crowded. All in all a great get away and some good :teeth:

Reefraff

#75 Surelyshirly

Surelyshirly

Getting started

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 03:17 PM

OK a January dive of the month. What is a good area? I know Walter is planning on diving New Years Eve but what about after that?

Venice Beach?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users