• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

The Florida Dive of the Month!!!

• Please log in to reply
561 replies to this topic

#46 annasea

annasea

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 11:25 PM

Does anyone know of an April dive planned in Florida? I've been diving almost every weekend. I will be at Jackson Blue and Peacock Springs this weekend, then Panama City next weekend. Anyone else in FL diving in central, north, or west Florida? :P

It looks like there's at least 4 people interested in the Keys in April in THIS THREAD. Maybe it's time to create a dive thread for April? :unsure:

#47 Doc Crawdad

Doc Crawdad

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Cert Level:EAN, AOW
  • Logged Dives:~50

Posted 08 April 2006 - 06:03 AM

So is their to be a April FL dive? C'mon! You know you wanna.
I'm perfectly sane. I can't help it if the world is nuts!

#48 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 08 April 2006 - 06:46 AM

Well, not a dive, but we have a gathering planned at Ocean Fest on April 22nd. You can shore dive or be part of the Treasure Hunt. Unfortunately the last 2 years none of the boats have gone out becuase it was too rough. So after being blown out, this year I decided not to schedule diving and just enjoy the festival. Hope you can join us!
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#49 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 08 April 2006 - 03:09 PM

For what it's worth....I'd recommend Jupiter area for a "Fla dive of the month". Also, the Blue Tang is a great dive boat as well. Site see diving or hunting...they offer the best of both.

www.bluetangdivecharters.com

I'm new to SD and live in Florida. I'd like to try to make one of the trips to meet some folks. :thankyou:
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#50 ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Cert Level:Course Director; CCR Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2000+

Posted 09 April 2006 - 10:54 AM

Yesterday was my last dive for a few weeks. :thankyou: I am having an upgrade done on my rebreather handsets, and I will be sending them out on Monday to have this done.

I hope to have them back, and to be diving again soon. So, it is quite unlikely that I will have the chance to do the SD April dive.

I have to send them out now in order to have them back in time to do some test dives before going on the SD Memorial Weekend Live Aboard Trip to the Bahamas. http://www.singlediv...mas live aboard
"The most important thing is not to stop questioning." Albert Einstein

"For the diligent diver, closed circuit rebreathers are actually safer than open circuit scuba." Tom Mount

#51 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 09 April 2006 - 06:37 PM

I've been diving with a group in Jupiter, Blue Tang, who is great to dive with. Very accommodating. May be we could get that in one month. Suprisingly, despite diving in FL for many, many years, I've never done the manatee dive, so if that happens, I'm in. It'll give me a chance to meet some of you all. :)

I can vouch for The Blue Tang out of Jupiter as well. Maybe we've dove together Scubagalpal? I try to make the Tang's 3 tank Friday dive whenever possible. Jupiter has some great dives!
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#52 Dave Bush

Dave Bush

Getting started

• Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Cert Level:Tech 1/Rescue
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 15 May 2006 - 07:44 PM

Hi there, Been a while since I've been around this forum, but I came back and saw this thread. Sounds like a good idea that may or may not have lost its steam. Is anybody still coordinating the FL dive of the month? I'd be interested if I can work it in to my other dive activities.

Dave Bush
David Bush
Titusville, FL

#53 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 18 May 2006 - 07:24 AM

Jill has been helping us and we'd love to have anyone else interested as well. We have a new HHP (Happy Hour Planner) for Ft Myers so if you are interested in getting your part of the state going let us know!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#54 Travelgal

Travelgal

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:236

Posted 18 May 2006 - 09:19 AM

For what it's worth....I'd recommend Jupiter area for a "Fla dive of the month". Also, the Blue Tang is a great dive boat as well. Site see diving or hunting...they offer the best of both.

I'm new to SD and live in Florida. I'd like to try to make one of the trips to meet some folks. :teeth:

I definitely agree about Jupiter for a dive! How many of us are there is this area? How about a happy hour here as well? Travelgal
Never make someone a priority in your life who has only made you an option in theirs!

#55 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 10:42 AM

My vote would be Key Largo, Ramada Express, Horizon Divers...

Norm

:teeth: I second the motion. Mid-June or early July would be a nice time. Anyone else interested?

#56 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 18 May 2006 - 12:21 PM

I'm new to SD and live in Florida. I'd like to try to make one of the trips to meet some folks. :cheerleader:

I definitely agree about Jupiter for a dive! How many of us are there is this area? How about a happy hour here as well? Travelgal

Not yet...but from the number of new members you've brought to SD...I think you'd be a WONDERFUL one! Sending pm to you now! kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#57 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 05:15 PM

There is one in the works for the 3rd or 4th weekend in Key Largo. Details should be posted soon.
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#58 Dave Bush

Dave Bush

Getting started

• Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Cert Level:Tech 1/Rescue
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 18 May 2006 - 06:26 PM

I'm in for anything on the Atlantic coast as long as I have enough advanced notice and there isn't a Shuttle Launch (this is keeping me from signing up for the NC wreck trip in July :flirt: ). I'm up in Titusville, but I've do the drive to dive frequently. I've been pretty busy with tech training, but I enjoy rec as well and would like to meet some friendly FL divers too.

BTW, who is the coordinator for the "Central FL" area?

Here is an idea for the FL dive of the month. Who is up for the Oriskany (sp?)? I'm dying to go...

Dave Bush
Titusville, FL
David Bush
Titusville, FL

#59 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 07:45 PM

I'm in for anything on the Atlantic coast as long as I have enough advanced notice and there isn't a Shuttle Launch (this is keeping me from signing up for the NC wreck trip in July :flirt: ). I'm up in Titusville, but I've do the drive to dive frequently. I've been pretty busy with tech training, but I enjoy rec as well and would like to meet some friendly FL divers too.

BTW, who is the coordinator for the "Central FL" area?

Here is an idea for the FL dive of the month. Who is up for the Oriskany (sp?)? I'm dying to go...

Dave Bush
Titusville, FL

I used to be, but due to lack of interest from divers in the area I through in the towel. However, for some reason I still seem to organize trips and try to get something going.

As soon as we find out if she is upright, which it appears to be and the mooring lines are set and we have enough interest we can try. I think the issue will be with the depth and the mix of divers we have at SD. From a post from PerroneFord it sounds like the deck ended up at 130' not 100'. I think the tower is probably of enough interest for most divers, but I'm sure it is going to be packed the first few months on weekends. I am not a tech diver so won't be going to the deck.

Edited by nextariel, 18 May 2006 - 07:48 PM.

#60 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 09:04 PM

There is one in the works for the 3rd or 4th weekend in Key Largo. Details should be posted soon.

Fantastic! I'm there! :cool1: Looking forward to the details!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users