• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2006: July 6-9...Texas Flower Gardens

• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

#121 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,719 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 25 May 2006 - 11:39 PM

Thank you punk!!! Our group is soooooooooooooooooo awesome!!! As we get closer we'll figure out the final particulars! But it looks like Yacman and I will have rides!!! :fish2:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#122 yacmandu

yacmandu

Getting started

• Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Cert Level:Advance Open Water
  • Logged Dives:94

Posted 26 May 2006 - 07:41 AM

Kim,
Is IAH and Hobby the same airport?
Since I have a to rent a tank flying might be the best option. Maybe I can arrange a flight near the same time you pick up WW. Then ride with you. from there.
What model is your Honda?

No, they aren't the same airport...IAH is Houston Intercontinental and HOU is Houston Hobby airport...Hobby is the airport WW is flying into and she is getting in around 730pm. My Honda is a Civic sedan. Also, if you plan to dive Nitrox, the tank is included in the price and is provided by gulf-diving

how many bags will you bring?

I can help out with whatever you guys decide to do. I can pick up WW if you two want to drive down together, or I can pick up Yacmandu at the airport. Let me know.

You are all so awesome. I'll let you know when I get my flight booked. Would a 1pm arrival be about the right time?

#123 yacmandu

yacmandu

Getting started

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 07:46 AM

Kim,
Since I have a to rent a tank flying might be the best option. Maybe I can arrange a flight near the same time you pick up WW. Then ride with you. from there.

No, they aren't the same airport...IAH is Houston Intercontinental and HOU is Houston Hobby airport...Hobby is the airport WW is flying into and she is getting in around 730pm. My Honda is a Civic sedan. Also, if you plan to dive Nitrox, the tank is included in the price and is provided by gulf-diving

I can help out with whatever you guys decide to do. I can pick up WW if you two want to drive down together, or I can pick up Yacmandu at the airport. Let me know.

You are all so awesome. I'll let you know when I get my flight booked. Would a 1pm arrival be about the right time?

I'll just have 1 check bag (?) and 2 daypack size carry on's.
Also, I need to rent a tank and lead ,..Do i need to reserve those item at a certain shop?

#124 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 26 May 2006 - 08:22 AM

Kim,

Would that be to Dallas or Houston? If it's Dallas, then that would be ok...if to Houston, then Sandy will have to answer that!

#125 yacmandu

yacmandu

Getting started

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 08:34 AM

Kim,

Would that be to Dallas or Houston? If it's Dallas, then that would be ok...if to Houston, then Sandy will have to answer that!

I really am messing up this board. LOL
I'll sit down with my dive gear and decide what'll pack best.
Then we'll get it all worked out.

#126 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 03 June 2006 - 02:19 PM

Kim,

I really am messing up this board. LOL
I'll sit down with my dive gear and decide what'll pack best.
Then we'll get it all worked out.

Have you decided yet what to pack??

#127 yacmandu

yacmandu

Getting started

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 05:36 PM

I have been so busy with work that I haven't had much time to think about the trip. Ugh!, Work.
I am leaning torawards just driving down. It is slightly cheaper and the big bonus of not have to deal with TSA really appeals to me.

#128 yacmandu

yacmandu

Getting started

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 03:12 AM

I did find some cheap direct flights. I'll know by the end of the week. after I chrunch the numbers.

#129 yacmandu

yacmandu

Getting started

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 03:15 AM

Since I have a to rent a tank flying might be the best option. Maybe I can arrange a flight near the same
I'll check the flights and crunch the numbers later this week. Between you and FinGrabber offering me a ride to the dive boat, We'll get it al figured out.

#130 AXL72

AXL72

Getting started

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:45

Posted 07 June 2006 - 10:18 PM

I intend to join you all on this trip.

Where will we be able to park? Cost for Parking?

I will send out a check tonight.

-I will be driving from Houston
-I will be diving on "air"
-I will need a buddy (just for the sake of redundant air supply and the standard safety)
-I am AOW with experience in the ocean side of keys (Key West, Key Largo, USS Duane). No experience in flower garden area of Gulf.

Ben

OK...I just got Nitrox certified. Kamala, can I send you a check for the difference to switch to Nitrox? I guess I owe you $90?

Please change me to -I will be diving "NITROX" when you receive the check :P

#131 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,719 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:20 AM

Absolutely...we'll get you on Nitrox as soon as I get the check!

Anyone else want to dive nitrox? During the course of 4-5 dives daily over 4 days...you'll need the extra bottom time if you have anything more than a 30 minute dive. -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#132 Designated Diver

Designated Diver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Cert Level:A.I.
  • Logged Dives:310

Posted 08 June 2006 - 10:20 AM

Greetings all! I'm so glad to have found you. I am intrested in the FG trip is there still spots open? Will need nitrox. :thankyou:
Ken... "Designated Diver"

Work like you don't need the MONEY.
Live like there is no tomorrow.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like nobody is watching.

#133 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,719 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 10:25 AM

Greetings all! I'm so glad to have found you. I am intrested in the FG trip is there still spots open? Will need nitrox. :thankyou:

Yes we do still have some spots! If you want one of the last ones simply say "My check is in the mail" and its yours! Then send money of course! LOL!!! -ww

formerly...

#134 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 08 June 2006 - 11:04 AM

Greetings all! I'm so glad to have found you. I am intrested in the FG trip is there still spots open? Will need nitrox. :cheerleader:

Welcome to SD Weademan68! You are also required to attend the Happy Hour on June 23rd, and August 26th, however I haven't posted the Aug HH yet. The Flower Garden's is going to be a Great Trip.

Hey Wenchie, you get my deposit yet?

#135 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,719 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 11:42 AM

Payment Update:

Got Karl aka ScubaFantic's check for $275. You are now paid in full! :cheerleader:

Got Sandy aka ScubaPunk's deposit! WOO!!! HOO!!!! :P

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users