• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2006: July 6-9...Texas Flower Gardens

• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

#106 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,703 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 12 May 2006 - 06:21 AM

This trip is coming up fast. Is there still openings?

Yep...we still have openings...wanna join us???

I am 6 weeks into recovering from hernia surgery. So I need to figure out if I'll be in diving shape by the time the trip starts. I'll talk to my brother about it to split fuel cost and making the 12 hour drive. I'll keep in touch. I have been wanting to do the Flower Gardens for awhile now. This might be the time to do it.
Just wish I had more time to surf your site and learn more about your members.
Later,
Matt

Ok pls keep us aprised and hopefully we'll still have the spots open if you find out that you are healthy enough! And we'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers that you are! The Flower Gardens are awesome! But I'm sure we'll have a trip again next year although it may not be for 4 days...it may just be the weekend. Depends on how well this 4 day option goes.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#107 yacmandu

yacmandu

Getting started

• Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Cert Level:Advance Open Water
  • Logged Dives:94

Posted 15 May 2006 - 03:48 AM

I am going to Oronogo near Joplin, MO this weekend to do my first dive since my surgery. We'll see how that goes then I'll find out if you have any spots left for Texas Flower Gardens.

#108 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 15 May 2006 - 05:46 AM

I am going to Oronogo near Joplin, MO this weekend to do my first dive since my surgery. We'll see how that goes then I'll find out if you have any spots left for Texas Flower Gardens.

We will keep our fingers crossed that everything goes well for you in MO. Hope you will be able to join us. This is going to be a great trip.

#109 yacmandu

yacmandu

Getting started

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 02:59 PM

Thank you for for your pleasant response. Getting over hernia surgery sucks. It is nice to know that you all hope I get back to the pool soon.
Of course the the money and the trip are the easy part. Deciding whether to drive from Topeka or fly are a toss up since they cost about the same $ wise. Better not get ahead of myself.
I'll let you know haow Saturday go off.
Brrr!!! water should be a refreshing 53 degrees F at the quarry. FUN?!?!?!

Later,
MAtt

#110 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 16 May 2006 - 05:00 PM

Thank you for for your pleasant response. Getting over hernia surgery sucks. It is nice to know that you all hope I get back to the pool soon.
Of course the the money and the trip are the easy part. Deciding whether to drive from Topeka or fly are a toss up since they cost about the same $ wise. Better not get ahead of myself.

Later,
MAtt

Let us know how is goes for you! If nothing else, we can send great, SD vibes your way

#111 JackBSwift

JackBSwift

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, EANx
  • Logged Dives:60

Posted 18 May 2006 - 05:29 PM

I am getting psyched about this one!! About to head to Guam in two days to do some wreck diving. I think I am gonna get my deep diving specialty out of the way as well.
"Love What You Do.....Do What You Love."

#112 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,703 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 11:35 AM

I am getting psyched about this one!! About to head to Guam in two days to do some wreck diving. I think I am gonna get my deep diving specialty out of the way as well.

Cool! Don't forget to post a trip report when you get back...I've always looked at doing Guam as an SD trip! Let us know what you think?

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#113 yacmandu

yacmandu

Getting started

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 02:32 PM

Later,
MAtt

Let us know how is goes for you! If nothing else, we can send great, SD vibes your way

I made though the quarry dives and now I am ready to have some fun some place warm. Now I just need to work out the details with WW. Of course I still need either beg a ride from Dallas or make the whole leg myself.

#114 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 05:21 PM

Later,
MAtt

I made though the quarry dives and now I am ready to have some fun some place warm. Now I just need to work out the details with WW. Of course I still need either beg a ride from Dallas or make the whole leg myself.

Right now, I think I"m about the only one driving down from Dallas the day of...I'm picking up WW at Houston Hobby on the way down..so you are welcome to ride with me if you want from Dallas

I have a Honda so space will be at a premium once we get to Houston and pick up the Wench with her luggage from NC...and I don't know yet if we are planning to drive back to Dallas Sunday night or wait until Monday morning

Kim

#115 yacmandu

yacmandu

Getting started

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 11:17 AM

Later,
MAtt

Right now, I think I"m about the only one driving down from Dallas the day of...I'm picking up WW at Houston Hobby on the way down..so you are welcome to ride with me if you want from Dallas

I have a Honda so space will be at a premium once we get to Houston and pick up the Wench with her luggage from NC...and I don't know yet if we are planning to drive back to Dallas Sunday night or wait until Monday morning

Kim

I know how diver's pack. So I bet your Honda will be packed pretty tight by the time you get 3 divers loaded. I don't know what vehicle I am taking yet or my route. So I'll probably drive solo. But I'll know more later.

Edited by yacmandu, 23 May 2006 - 11:18 AM.

#116 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,703 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 12:21 PM

Payment Update:

Yacmandu...Got your payment today...thank you!

formerly...

#117 yacmandu

yacmandu

Getting started

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 12:24 PM

Payment Update:

Yacmandu...Got your payment today...thank you!

Your welcome! I am looking forward to some great diving and meeting some great new people. This is my first liveaboard. This sounds so fun.

#118 yacmandu

yacmandu

Getting started

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 02:11 PM

Later,
MAtt

Kim

Kim,
Is IAH and Hobby the same airport?
Since I have a to rent a tank flying might be the best option. Maybe I can arrange a flight near the same time you pick up WW. Then ride with you. from there.
What model is your Honda?

#119 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 02:59 PM

Later,
MAtt

Kim

Kim,
Since I have a to rent a tank flying might be the best option. Maybe I can arrange a flight near the same time you pick up WW. Then ride with you. from there.

No, they aren't the same airport...IAH is Houston Intercontinental and HOU is Houston Hobby airport...Hobby is the airport WW is flying into and she is getting in around 730pm. My Honda is a Civic sedan. Also, if you plan to dive Nitrox, the tank is included in the price and is provided by gulf-diving

how many bags will you bring?

#120 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 25 May 2006 - 08:03 PM

Kim,

No, they aren't the same airport...IAH is Houston Intercontinental and HOU is Houston Hobby airport...Hobby is the airport WW is flying into and she is getting in around 730pm. My Honda is a Civic sedan. Also, if you plan to dive Nitrox, the tank is included in the price and is provided by gulf-diving

how many bags will you bring?

I can help out with whatever you guys decide to do. I can pick up WW if you two want to drive down together, or I can pick up Yacmandu at the airport. Let me know.

Edited by ScubaPunk, 25 May 2006 - 08:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users