• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2006: July 6-9...Texas Flower Gardens

• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

#76 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 02 April 2006 - 10:22 PM

Hi BradfordNC,

....hope you can join us 'down here' in Texas......I think it's only fair that if us Texans are gonna pay a visit to your neck of the woods, you should reciprocate the favor and let us show you the Flower Gardens .....aka the ' Texas National Treasure '.

...so, have you committed to either/both trips yet ? ...the Flower Gardens are pretty cost-effective, this trip will have an average cost-per-dive of $ 60, which is all inclusive, including meals/bunk, NITROX and tank (but not including airfare). It's quite a good bargain especially for us 'locals', but still a good deal for fly-ins too.

Karl

NITROX is an additional $90.00 on top of the price of the trip, right?

Do we still have the entire boat?

#77 scubafanatic

scubafanatic

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Advanced Nitrox and Deco Procedures, Cavern
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 02 April 2006 - 10:42 PM

Hi BradfordNC,

....hope you can join us 'down here' in Texas......I think it's only fair that if us Texans are gonna pay a visit to your neck of the woods, you should reciprocate the favor and let us show you the Flower Gardens .....aka the ' Texas National Treasure '.

...so, have you committed to either/both trips yet ? ...the Flower Gardens are pretty cost-effective, this trip will have an average cost-per-dive of $ 60, which is all inclusive, including meals/bunk, NITROX and tank (but not including airfare). It's quite a good bargain especially for us 'locals', but still a good deal for fly-ins too.

Karl

Hi Scubapunk,

You are correct about the NITROX, that will be an extra $ 90, but it includes the AL 80 tank rental...and over the 15 scheduled dives it comes to $ 6 / tank, not to bad as locally we're charged $10 - $ 12 for an AL 80 Nitrox fill alone. The Flower Gardens were built for Nitrox !

I've been in recent touch with Kamala and I've heard nothing to indicate anything's changed with respect to SD.com having the whole boat....31 spots, although the 'list' only has 22 'places', so I'm not sure if the goal is to only sell 22 spots or all 31.

Karl

#78 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 03 April 2006 - 02:04 PM

We have 31 spots...list says 22 initially as I thought we had fewer spots... now I know we have the whole boat! Time to get it filled! :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#79 scubafanatic

scubafanatic

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Advanced Nitrox and Deco Procedures, Cavern
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:24 PM

Hi BradfordNC,

Karl

Hi SP,
......let me clarify my post....... I didn't mean all-inclusive to mean NITROX was included in the basic trip price, I meant that if you did include NITROX in the trip price, the cost per dive was $ 60.......so $60 represented an all-inclusive per dive price.

Karl

#80 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX

Posted 03 April 2006 - 08:39 PM

Thanks for the clarification. I have priced the Flower Garden trip with local dive shops here in Houston, and I agree that the price of this trip is equal or less than any that I have seen. Most are for fewer days and some include NITROX and some don't.

#81 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 04 April 2006 - 12:44 AM

Thanks for the clarification. I have priced the Flower Garden trip with local dive shops here in Houston, and I agree that the price of this trip is equal or less than any that I have seen. Most are for fewer days and some include NITROX and some don't.

There is not much markup in these trips so some shops/groups are tempted to mark them up to compensate. However most divers in our area are savvy consumers and can do just as you've done. What makes our trip unique is that we have 4 full days of diving...including a weekend. I've seen 3 day trips priced for almost as much and they are weekday trips. And I've seen the same 3 day trips with are always M-W priced for much less...as it should be according to the pricing structure of the boat. Sat/Sun is the most expensive as you would imagine followed by Thurs/Friday and then Mon/Tues/Wed as the least desirable. We have prime dates during some of the best diving time and 2 years ago whalesharks were seen during this same timeframe so it should be a GREAT trip!

Spread the word...we do need to fill the whole boat! Come and enjoy some phenominal diving! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#82 Guest_TexasStarfish_*

Guest_TexasStarfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2006 - 12:13 AM

I'm leaning towards yes. I should know within the next couple weeks about my internship.

Victoria

#83 JackBSwift

JackBSwift

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, EANx
  • Logged Dives:60

Posted 11 April 2006 - 05:21 PM

Can I get penciled in? With work, I never know but maybe 4 weeks in advance of what my schedule is. I really want to go, but my dive buddy gets a little too seasick.
"Love What You Do.....Do What You Love."

#84 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 11 April 2006 - 05:38 PM

Can I get penciled in? With work, I never know but maybe 4 weeks in advance of what my schedule is. I really want to go, but my dive buddy gets a little too seasick.

Excellent!

I've added you to the "interested" list!

I really hope you can make it on this trip...the Flower Gardens are so fun to dive

#85 domino22

domino22

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master

Posted 13 April 2006 - 05:54 PM

Well this trip is gonna be good! My prob is I was already booked before it was posted. So I hope you all have clear water and a good time, hope Fiji is ready for me at the same time ya that was a "Dig". Ya'll have already been there my turn. Two weeks and one day.

#86 Guest_TexasStarfish_*

Guest_TexasStarfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2006 - 01:24 PM

Well, I got another internship offer and it looks like I'm going to take it. It is here in Houston, I just have to discuss with them if I can get a couple days off. What time would I have to leave Houston at the latest on Wednesday to get to Freeport on time?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.:birthday:

Victoria

#87 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

I spend too much time on line

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 15 April 2006 - 01:33 PM

What time would I have to leave Houston at the latest on Wednesday to get to Freeport on time?

Big town - depends on where you're leaving from... From Downtown, it's about 1.5 hours ignoring rush hour. If you're in the western / southwestern suburbs, a lot less.
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#88 Guest_TexasStarfish_*

Guest_TexasStarfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2006 - 01:49 PM

I would be coming from downtown. I forget what a big city I live in now!

#89 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 15 April 2006 - 02:01 PM

If you are coming from downtown, it should not take you more than a hour and a half. You just get on Hwy 288 and head south.
-Mitch-

#90 JackBSwift

JackBSwift

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, EANx
  • Logged Dives:60

Posted 16 April 2006 - 04:46 PM

Big is an an understatement.. Welcome to the heat, humidity,and traffic. But, despite it all, it is a great place to live.
"Love What You Do.....Do What You Love."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users