• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2006: WHALESHARKS!!! Yes...we WILL see them in Holbox!!! Then off to Cozy!

• Please log in to reply
281 replies to this topic

#226 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 29 June 2006 - 10:41 AM

Hi Kamala, it shows you need flight info from me but I sent it to both TravelBunny and trips@singledivers.com, just checking that it has been received. Thanks Karen

Yes we do have that. We'll fix your profile! Thanks! -ww

I haven't seen your flight details yet, but I haven't been in my SD email for about an hour

I'll check it and let you know

#227 Membership

Membership

People are starting to get to know me

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.
  • Board Status:Corporate Membership Function
  • Cert Level:Very High
  • Logged Dives:Corporate Membership Function

Posted 29 June 2006 - 08:51 PM

Payment Update:

Karen aka ScubaDawg...got your credit card payment for Holbox and Cozumel! :hiya:

#228 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

I spend too much time on line

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 30 June 2006 - 09:09 AM

For all of you who are making this trip, "t.j." - my bride* asked me for a list of the folks going, and their pictures so she could start associating faces and names.

I put this file together from avatars and pictures in profiles, and one sent to me, and posted it here:

Link to Holbox / Cozumel trip members and pictures

Kevin - aka kkutexas, send picture or post it, and I'll re-do the file.

* -- aka SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) -- aka "The BOSS"

Edited by Capn Jack, 30 June 2006 - 04:53 PM.

No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#229 mantarraya

mantarraya

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 30 June 2006 - 10:24 AM

For all of you who are making this trip, "t.j." - my bride* asked me for a list of the folks going, and their pictures so she could start associating faces and names.

Thanks for doing this. I am never good at remembering names - faces, yes, but names??? Esp when we mostly think of the person we know from a message board by a screen name. Looking forward to meeting everybody VERY soon!
Back after a long absence - whew, too busy at work!

#230 Membership

Membership

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.
  • Board Status:Corporate Membership Function
  • Cert Level:Very High
  • Logged Dives:Corporate Membership Function

Posted 30 June 2006 - 02:00 PM

Payment Update:

Trudy Aka Scubastorey received Paypal payment :cheerleader:

#231 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM

Posted 03 July 2006 - 10:06 AM

send picture or post it, and I'll re-do the file.

Buz - aka Airhead - sent a new picture, and I've updated.

Link to Holbox / Cozumel trip members and pictures
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#232 Scubastorey

Scubastorey

Getting started

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:375

Posted 06 July 2006 - 05:06 PM

I'm arriving in Cancun on Wed. July 12th. Should I return to Cancun Airport around noon on Fri. July 14th to catch the van to Holbox?

#233 landlocked

landlocked

• PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 06 July 2006 - 06:19 PM

I'm arriving in Cancun on Wed. July 12th. Should I return to Cancun Airport around noon on Fri. July 14th to catch the van to Holbox?

I don't think the Van times have been solidified. But we're planning to be back to the airport around 1pm. We'll be in Isla Mujeres. If you're looking for something to do and want to dive with us or just hang out let me know.

#234 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 07 July 2006 - 06:45 AM

I don't think the Van times have been solidified. But we're planning to be back to the airport around 1pm. We'll be in Isla Mujeres. If you're looking for something to do and want to dive with us or just hang out let me know.

We've sent all the names and flight arrival times to the operator but I haven't heard back on the van times yet. I'll send an email reqesting this information and then post the info :birthday:

#235 Seahorsewrangler

Seahorsewrangler

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW - NITROX
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 07 July 2006 - 11:16 AM

We've sent all the names and flight arrival times to the operator but I haven't heard back on the van times yet. I'll send an email reqesting this information and then post the info :birthday:

OK..but may I inquire at what time the last person was to arrive ?
AKA Cap'n Sam Roughknuckles The Bernese mountain dog

#236 sqzmee

sqzmee

Getting started

• Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Cert Level:OW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:275

Posted 08 July 2006 - 01:40 PM

We've sent all the names and flight arrival times to the operator but I haven't heard back on the van times yet. I'll send an email reqesting this information and then post the info :D

OK..but may I inquire at what time the last person was to arrive ?

I do not see a videographer listed for this trip. Does the charter for the Holbox portion do a video for purchase?
I can tell I have waited too late to figure out which camcorder & housing to get in time for this trip. Don't want to rush my purchase just to have it in time and then regret what I picked.
I am such a procrastinator! :D

#237 Scubastorey

Scubastorey

Getting started

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 02:57 PM

Thanks for the invite. :D I'm going to spend those 2 extra days looking up some friends that live in Cancun. I'll meet everyone on Friday around 1:00. :D

#238 Scubastorey

Scubastorey

Getting started

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 03:41 PM

Does anyone know the name of our hotel in Holbox?

#239 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 04:15 PM

Does anyone know the name of our hotel in Holbox?

We'll probably have to wait until WW & Fingrabber return from Flower Gardens. I looked through the info and couldn't find it. There are only a few listed on the Holbox website, and they're all within spitting distance of each other.

Probably "El Motel Ningún Dice"..... :D

Edited by Capn Jack, 08 July 2006 - 05:10 PM.

Jacques Yves Cousteau

#240 DrScubaChick

DrScubaChick

Getting started

• Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor - just made 500th dive - still a newbie!
  • Logged Dives:509

Posted 08 July 2006 - 05:06 PM

Regarding the squeezing of folks into the vans.... I'm happy to accommodate and be a good sport... just a disclaimer... I am a 'wide butt' diver... so while some women tend to be smaller... Not me!! :D

However... I DO make a REALLY comfy pillow... (anyone wanna sit on my lap?) and, I'll only bite if asked....

OOoops... I hope I haven't over stepped some line of propriety......

Can't wait to meet you all and get under water!!! :D

Liz :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users