• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2006: WHALESHARKS!!! Yes...we WILL see them in Holbox!!! Then off to Cozy!

• Please log in to reply
281 replies to this topic

#256 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

I spend too much time on line

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 10 July 2006 - 09:15 AM

Thanks Jazzdiver. That's great info. Now, does anyone know where in Louisville, Kentucky you can get that sunscreen .... today?

SWMBO is making an academy run today. I'll have her bring extras.

The price may be slightly inflated :birthday:

Sweet....I have a Whole Foods around the corner. I'll run over there today and see what I can come up with.

That's it, increase supply, lower prices.... another retirement scheme - up in smoke!!!
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#257 pocahontas

pocahontas

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:165

Posted 10 July 2006 - 12:17 PM

Kamala,
Are Ray and Liz OK to dive on our boat with us? Do they need waivers or anything like that? Let me know. Otherwise maybe I'll jump on whatever boat they are on for a couple of days? Those guys at Del Mar are prety cool. I think they will be OK with that.
Jesus and I were talking about doing twilight dives. Did you get in touch with him? If not everyone who is in let me know so I can give him a headcount.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Stopping by Woods - Robert. Frost

#258 landlocked

landlocked

• PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 10 July 2006 - 12:27 PM

"That's it, increase supply, lower prices.... another retirement scheme - up in smoke!!!"

I got 4 different kinds of sunscreen. I think we'll be ok :P

Edited by landlocked, 10 July 2006 - 12:28 PM.

#259 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM

Posted 10 July 2006 - 12:58 PM

Jesus and I were talking about doing twilight dives. Did you get in touch with him? If not everyone who is in let me know so I can give him a headcount.

I'm in for twilight/nights - btw, moonrise all week is after midnight.
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#260 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:51 PM

Kamala,
Are Ray and Liz OK to dive on our boat with us? Do they need waivers or anything like that? Let me know. Otherwise maybe I'll jump on whatever boat they are on for a couple of days? Those guys at Del Mar are prety cool. I think they will be OK with that.

Are you talking about me or another Ray? :dance: :birthday:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#261 pocahontas

pocahontas

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 08:45 PM

Kamala,

Are you talking about me or another Ray? :P :teeth:

No - I meant my friend Ray and his daughter who are meeting up down there.

#262 mantarraya

mantarraya

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 11 July 2006 - 08:16 AM

So what is the deal with the pickup by the van drivers in Cancun. Can we expect that we'll see someone with a sign at baggage claim that is looking for us, or should we plan on going to a particular location in the airport?
Back after a long absence - whew, too busy at work!

#263 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 11 July 2006 - 08:52 AM

So what is the deal with the pickup by the van drivers in Cancun. Can we expect that we'll see someone with a sign at baggage claim that is looking for us, or should we plan on going to a particular location in the airport?

Will have this info today after clearing out hundreds of emails that have backed up while traveling on bidness!

I'm almost positive it will be a combo of both...head for a certain spot at the airport and look for a sign!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#264 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 08:56 AM

Thanks Jazzdiver. That's great info. Now, does anyone know where in Louisville, Kentucky you can get that sunscreen .... today?

Fingrabber / Kamala - not to be pesty, but Jerry, Jeff and I leave tonight or tomorrow morning and we don't know where to meet the van for Holbox on Friday. I doubt I'll have internet access from Isla Mujeres so if someone could post something, or email me, I'd really appreciate it. We will be at Cancun airport Friday at 1pm. thanks!

I will have complete updates posted today BUT...we will pick you up at 1pm at the airport in Cancun. We'll find you...don't worry! The airport is not that big! I will also email you as well! kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#265 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 11:18 AM

FINAL VAN ARRANGEMENTS:

We will all congregate at 1:20pm Friday July 14th outside the Cancun airport at the exit area for a 1:30 van departure. Look for van drivers with SingleDivers.com & Kamala signs. They will have a list of all passengers and check you off as we pick you up. We will need to be creative in loading the vans with all our luggage but it will work out fine! I'm NOW starting to get excited!!! -ww

formerly...

#266 pocahontas

pocahontas

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 09:42 PM

FINAL VAN ARRANGEMENTS:

We will all congregate at 1:20pm Friday July 14th outside the Cancun airport at the exit area for a 1:30 van departure. Look for van drivers with SingleDivers.com & Kamala signs. They will have a list of all passengers and check you off as we pick you up. We will need to be creative in loading the vans with all our luggage but it will work out fine! I'm NOW starting to get excited!!! -ww

I crammed all my stuff into a carry-on and a backpack so hopefully that will free up some luggage space.

#267 pocahontas

pocahontas

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 09:48 PM

I'm thinking it would be cool to do a twilight/night dive on the 17th. My friend and his daughter are in. Let me know if that is cool for you. I'm thinking maybe the 17th, 19th and 21st for extra dives. I have to leave some time in my schedule for tequila drinking and latin dancing.

#268 sqzmee

sqzmee

Getting started

• Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Cert Level:OW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:275

Posted 12 July 2006 - 07:57 AM

I'm thinking it would be cool to do a twilight/night dive on the 17th. My friend and his daughter are in. Let me know if that is cool for you. I'm thinking maybe the 17th, 19th and 21st for extra dives. I have to leave some time in my schedule for tequila drinking and latin dancing.

Perhaps I have missed it in this thread....but what is the name of hotel in Holbox and possibly an emergency # to leave with family back home?
Thanks so much.
Whale shark countdown!!!! :)
Jules

#269 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 08:00 AM

Karen (scubadawg) and I already planned on doing a checkout dive as soon as we get settled in so I already contacted the dive shop about arrival day diving, and they're ready for us. - then I'll be more than ready for a twilight dive with a tequila chaser. You're on your own for dancing - I tried once, and no one was happy - in fact, I think Mexico now has a law on the books against it.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#270 sandiegocarol

sandiegocarol

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 12 July 2006 - 09:04 AM

Karen (scubadawg) and I already planned on doing a checkout dive as soon as we get settled in so I already contacted the dive shop about arrival day diving, and they're ready for us. - then I'll be more than ready for a twilight dive with a tequila chaser. You're on your own for dancing - I tried once, and no one was happy - in fact, I think Mexico now has a law on the books against it.

I'm up for a dive when we get there! Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users