• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

How's a guy to know?

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#31 mantarraya

mantarraya

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 10 April 2006 - 08:40 PM

Dunno 'bout you, but the way most underwater creatures go at it doesn't seem terribly romantic to me.... 'scuse me while I fertilize that pile of eggs you just dropped on the ocean floor. Sniffin' rear ends kinda puts me off, as well.

The board will be happy to know that I will pass on commenting on the "sniffin' read ends" part of your quote except to...no, I'm passing. BUT, there are some underwater creatures that do some pretty good mating dance type displays BEFORE they get to the fertilize-the-eggs part. I've seen octopi and squid do some very interesting things... And how about the fiddler crab "hey, baby" wave? Now that could be a good signal. But I think the bird world likely wins the display award as far as variety and quality of mating rituals.

Edited by lgrahamtx, 10 April 2006 - 08:47 PM.

Back after a long absence - whew, too busy at work!

#32 jholley309

jholley309

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:20-ish

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:23 PM

I have an idea: cue cards. About a foot square, big, bold letters easily read from a distance (at least, from safely beyond arm's reach, just in case things go badly). You know, things like "Ask Me Out", "Buy Me A Drink And Maybe You'll Get Lucky", or "I Just Want To Be Friends; Quit Grabbing My A--".

It's simple, to-the-point, and nearly impossible to misinterpret.

:cheerleader:

Cheers!

Jim
Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is what you do in spite of your fear.

Every man has fear. Any man who has no fear belongs in an institution. Or in Special Forces.

#33 Twinklez

Twinklez

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 11 April 2006 - 10:22 PM

It's simple, to-the-point, and nearly impossible to misinterpret.

See key words in bold! :lmao:

#34 waterworks

waterworks

Getting started

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Board Status:N/A
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:Over 2500

Posted 14 April 2006 - 07:08 PM

Now comes the hard part...timing...tenure...and tenacity.

:diver: In all of what Kamala had to say...boils down (to me)....timing, tenure and tenacity....being I have spent most of my single life pursuing that.....In the last few years I have come to the realization it is simpler and a lot more fun...that.... I could go to Palau...30 dives...and back....while I am waiting for the timing, tenure and tenacity....to fall in place....Chemistry and sparks must be at play from the onset (for me)....or I'll be in Belize, Bali. Tahiti touring or diving...while she is waiting for the...timing, tenure and trnacity to fall in place....LOL

Boy, you absolutely hit the "nail on the head" (at least from another mans perspective)! It took me awhile to figure this one out. :-D

In a capsule, I have come to the conclusion that "the train in going in this direction, and if you are interested, I'd love to have you 'come on board and share the ride. If not, the train is still going in this direction....... :teeth:

#35 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 15 April 2006 - 08:55 PM

Kick her in the shins. If she kicks you back you're golden.

Ooo, what if she kicks you in the wrong place? Not a good thing!

Posted Image
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#36 finley

finley

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW (plus EMT Training)
  • Logged Dives:45

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:15 PM

I know I am different than a lot of other women....I truly don't play games, truly do speak my mind and am truly an open book ...and I have found...men don't really want this and dont like it. So ...naybe it is us (women) that need the cue cards.
who's leading this parade anyway?

#37 seafox

seafox

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Cert Level:Inst for : Recreational, Technical and Closed Circuit Rebreather Instructor, I never stop learning!
  • Logged Dives:4000+

Posted 16 April 2006 - 09:05 AM

I know I am different than a lot of other women....I truly don't play games, truly do speak my mind and am truly an open book ...and I have found...men don't really want this and dont like it. So ...naybe it is us (women) that need the cue cards.

In this case different is definitely good! :D :birthday: :birthday:
The way I see it, nothing beats truth. honesty and integrety.
In love. life, business, everyday.
Yes, you get disapointed more often than not, hurt from time to time, but you always feel good about yourself.
There will always be people of both sexes that play games, can't speak their minds, and hide behind false pretenses for whatever reasons.
But when you find human beings with similar attributes, they sure make incredible friends. :evilgrin:
Protect the SHARKS!

Excellence is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, skillful execution and the vision to see obstacles as opportunities.

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards!

#38 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 16 April 2006 - 09:23 AM

In this case different is definitely good! :) :) :)
The way I see it, nothing beats truth. honesty and integrety.
In love. life, business, everyday.
Yes, you get disapointed more often than not, hurt from time to time, but you always feel good about yourself.
There will always be people of both sexes that play games, can't speak their minds, and hide behind false pretenses for whatever reasons.
But when you find human beings with similar attributes, they sure make incredible friends. :D

Well said!

#39 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 16 April 2006 - 03:42 PM

Finley, you don't need any cue cards. You are terrific just the way you are! Nongame-playing, mind-speaking, honest open-book people are truly special, and as such are far and few between. The hard thing is that a match for this type of person is also far and few between.

I agree with you in that it seems most men don't really like or want this type of woman; at the same time I think there are many women who don't want this type of man. But I don't think its so much of a like or dislike as much as it is a fear ...a lack of understanding ...not knowing how to deal with an honest and strong person.

A man I was once very attracted to told me the reason we wouldn't ever work out is because I was "so nice." He said it over and over... "You're so nice!" Almost sneering as he said it. I thought maybe being nice was a bad thing for a moment. (Now mind you...because I'm nice doesn't mean I can't be naughty when the opportunity presents.)

Down the road I realized that me being nice made him feel "not so nice." He didn't see himself as my equal...but a lesser person for whatever secret reason he held inside. It wouldn't work because I would be a reminder of what he perceived his shortcoming, and he needed someone to tower over so he could feel better about himself. Funny thing is what I knew of him he was truly a nice person as well...he just didn't know it.

You just keep being yourself. Heck, there's no better person to be! One day...Mr. Far and Few Between will pop up when you least expect him. :-)

Edited by Twinklez, 16 April 2006 - 03:44 PM.

#40 Desert_Diver

Desert_Diver

Everyone knows me

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI AOW, TDI Nitrox (does it really matter to you??)
  • Logged Dives:130 something

Posted 16 April 2006 - 05:01 PM

I finally found the cut I was looking for: the 'courting dolphins' scene in Belize from the 'Sensational Seas' DVD on the Reef.org website. Now there's a scene that's cute, romantic, and fun. If you haven't seen it, it's a real joy to watch that segment. Most of the rest of the DVD is pretty good, as well, just too short!

http://www.reef.org/...uct=SENSATIONAL

There's a little bit of info about it at the producer's site, http://www.sensationalseas.com/ but the trailer still ain't up...

There's only a single photo of the dolphins on the sensationalseas site, but that one clip is definitely a 'must see'.

#41 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 18 April 2006 - 12:23 AM

Kick her in the shins. If she kicks you back you're golden.

Ooo, what if she kicks you in the wrong place? Not a good thing!

Posted Image

ok before i say anything else <this is just informational, not suggesting anything by this>

in any situation weather you are male or female if you want to incapacite(again male or female) a attacker a shot between the legs will always work.

Reason be is that there are so many nerve endings/pressure points in the pelvis that a good swift kick will cause a great deal of pain and will stop a person for several seconds (long enough to get away). a kick in the shins be be good but not stunning as long as a well placed kick between the legs

FWIW

Tooth

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#42 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 21 April 2006 - 10:40 AM

(Now mind you...because I'm nice doesn't mean I can't be naughty when the opportunity presents.)

:D
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#43 Blackhawk

Blackhawk

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 07:25 AM

in any situation weather you are male or female if you want to incapacite(again male or female) a attacker a shot between the legs will always work.

Reason be is that there are so many nerve endings/pressure points in the pelvis that a good swift kick will cause a great deal of pain and will stop a person for several seconds (long enough to get away). a kick in the shins be be good but not stunning as long as a well placed kick between the legs

FWIW

Tooth

I'd recommend NOT depending on that, no telling how big the other person's pain thershold is... But that is a different discussion.

As for the women thing. You think it's really that hard? Read body langauge, is she sitting towards you? A good sign is the knees if they're pointed away from you don't bother asking. It's all in their body langauge. Which for some part they don't realize they're doing....

And always be straight and confident... in other words just ask. It's not hard. "Would you like to have drinks?" Really simple :flirt:

If you haven't met before the one pick up line that all us guys should know is "Hi my name is Robert." Except with your name... Just talking does the trick most of the time
I put my right foot in, I put my left foot out, I do the aikipokey and throw you all about :D

#44 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 28 April 2006 - 08:24 AM

blackhawk

i wasnt meaning that in a mena way i was just saying that from a self defense stand point (going alittle off topic on that )

tooth

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#45 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 01 May 2006 - 10:02 AM

If you haven't met before the one pick up line that all us guys should know is "Hi my name is Robert." Except with your name... Just talking does the trick most of the time

Ah, maybe that was the problem! As soon as they found out my name wasn't Robert they'd get all POed and walk off....
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users