• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

New Jersey Happy Hour YES ITS HAPPENING!!!

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#1 solodiver in nj

solodiver in nj

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Cert Level:aow
  • Logged Dives:+/-300 ? (not logged)

Posted 03 May 2006 - 08:57 PM

6-8-06 UPDATE:

Calling all NJ/NYC Divers! :diver:

The first SD HH in the NY metropolitan area is going to be at Arthurs Landing on June 10th, 4PM until? :banghead:

Please tell all your single diver and potential diver friends to join SD and invite them to the HH to meet other SDers, including:

Myself, Jemiah aka got_air?will_dive
Mark, aka solodiver in nj
Ray, aka Latitude Adjustment
Ellen, aka fairybasslet
Dave, aka nyc-diver
Monte, aka BubbleBoy
Stephen, aka sjkocis
Rick, aka Hipshot (hopefully!)
First name?, aka Geek
Chris, aka rekdivr
And other :diver:s!

I'm going to make a reservation for outdoor seating! :dance: This is going to be a fantastic event! :lmao:

The Happy Hour starts at 4pm and here's a link to Aurthurs Landing and there are directions on their site, see you in a few days!

Please post if you are joining us so we can add you to the list!

SoloDiver in NJ and got_air?will_dive

I tried to post this under the Happy Hour forum, unfortunately this big box would not let me (stupid box)..anyway...

I know there is a Northeast HH in Newport,RI (which I plan to attend) however is anyone interested in having one in the New Jersey area?

Edited by WreckWench, 08 June 2006 - 09:34 AM.

#2 Hipshot

Hipshot

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 04 May 2006 - 04:11 AM

Sounds good to me, depending on how far south we have it. If it's in northern or central Jersey, deal me in.

Rick
:)

Everyone has his day and some days last longer than others. - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

#3 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 06:43 AM

Fantastic idea! :) Have you guys thought of a day/time? How about the weekend after the NE HH? Or if you want to dive, when the water gets warmer?

For Northern NJ, I'd vote for the Lightship Barge & Grill in Jersey City Liberty Landing Marina, overlooking Hudson Harbor. Here's some info: http://www.libertyla...links/index.php. Those from NYC and north could get there easily. I don't know Central NJ very well, but I'd go to a HH there. :D

#4 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 04 May 2006 - 07:26 AM

Got Air, isn't 55 degrees warm enough? A north Jersey HH would probably be best as I think Mark and I are the fartherest south of the active members in NJ but there maybe some lurkers. I don't know if any of the Philly crowd would be interested in driving that far though but they could meet us in Ocean County and car pool up.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#5 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 07:58 AM

Got Air, isn't 55 degrees warm enough? A north Jersey HH would probably be best as I think Mark and I are the fartherest south of the active members in NJ but there maybe some lurkers. I don't know if any of the Philly crowd would be interested in driving that far though but they could meet us in Ocean County and car pool up.

Hi, Latitude! :D

Can you dive with a 7MM in 55 degrees? Don't know, never tried. But where would we dive? LI Sound?

Anyone have a date in mind yet? Or another venue? I'm looking forward to the HH, wherever it is! :)

--Jemiah

#6 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 04 May 2006 - 08:23 AM

I'll be there. Sounds like fun. Let me know when and where.

#7 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 04 May 2006 - 10:42 AM

Count me in too. Maybe we can set it up when we all meet in Newport.

A place on the Hudson would be great for the HH. But, I strongly suggest we don't dive there. I've heard the pollution can eat through a 7mil wetsuit in less than an hour. (just kidding) :)
BB

When you make fish laugh, they can't bite you.

#8 solodiver in nj

solodiver in nj

• PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 11:53 AM

Anyone from the Pennsylvania area interested?

#9 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 11:58 AM

Count me in too. Maybe we can set it up when we all meet in Newport.

A place on the Hudson would be great for the HH. But, I strongly suggest we don't dive there. I've heard the pollution can eat through a 7mil wetsuit in less than an hour. (just kidding) :)

I think there is some truth to that. Which is why I haven't done any local diving. :D

Alas, I don't think I'll make it to Newport. Going to Syosset instead. So please fill me in on what happens at the NE HH. Can't wait for the NJ HH! :)

#10 Geek

Geek

• PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Adv. Nitrox/Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:130+

Posted 04 May 2006 - 07:41 PM

I'm interested. Provide as much notice as possible where ever you decide to put it.

#11 rekdivr

rekdivr

Getting started

• Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Board Status:In Town
  • Cert Level:Course Director, Technical Instructor, Trimix Diver
  • Logged Dives:1300+

Posted 06 May 2006 - 08:17 AM

Anyone from the Pennsylvania area interested?

I would certainly be interested, I just need to make sure i can get up there with my schedule, when it is all finalized i will let you know.
a mind once stretched by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions

a survivor when asked, " dont you know when to give up", responds with an emphatic NO!

#12 solodiver in nj

solodiver in nj

• PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 11:45 AM

...So here's the run down of interested people so far:

Hipshot- CT
Got Air? Will Dive- NY
Latitude Adustment- NJ
Fairybasslet- NJ
Bubbleboy- NJ
rekdivr- PA
Geek- NJ
myself- NJ

Looks like only 8 people are interested....hmmm....

Based on above info, would I be wrong to suggest North Jersey wins out for a location. Those of you that live up that way...what are the options???? I rarely venture north of Avon...so I am of absolutely no use to you at this point.

It would be nice to have one soon.....

Edited by solodiver in nj, 08 May 2006 - 11:49 AM.

#13 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 08 May 2006 - 12:33 PM

Hipshot- CT
Got Air? Will Dive- NY
Latitude Adustment- NJ
Fairybasslet- NJ
Bubbleboy- NJ
rekdivr- PA
Geek- NJ
myself- NJ

Based on above info, would I be wrong to suggest North Jersey wins out for a location. Those of you that live up that way...what are the options???? I rarely venture north of Avon...so I am of absolutely no use to you at this point.

Hmm. I'll have to think about this. We're just doing drinks and food, right? I'll ask my partying :cool2: friends.

#14 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 01:09 PM

Hipshot- CT
Got Air? Will Dive- NY
Latitude Adustment- NJ
Fairybasslet- NJ
Bubbleboy- NJ
rekdivr- PA
Geek- NJ
myself- NJ

Hi, solodiver! :lmao:

Thanks for starting the NJ HH thread. I'm glad this many people expressed interest already! :cool2:

As far as options in and around the No. NJ area, I know of plenty of venues for the HH but not too many for a local dive, if people want to include one. To tell the truth, I have not done any local diving. But I can find out some info from my LDS on sites, rentals, etc. I believe they dive wrecks in the LI Sound.

I would suggest having the HH outdoors near water (where we divers like to be, right?). :cool1: Here's a suggestion: Sand Bar. It's right on the channel in the Liberty Landing Marina with plenty of parking. It's nearby the NJ Turnpike, and it's also a NY Waterway Ferry stop for NYers. You can eat, sightsee, dance, lay out on chaise chairs (I think I saw some) and so long as the HH is early enough, we can avoid the meat market slaughter. :lmao: There are other venues nearby that we could hop around to.

I guess you all can discuss further at NE HH and post an update. Looking forward to it! :lmao:

Best,

Jemiah

#15 Geek

Geek

• PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Adv. Nitrox/Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:130+

Posted 08 May 2006 - 07:38 PM

Hipshot- CT
Got Air? Will Dive- NY
Latitude Adustment- NJ
Fairybasslet- NJ
Bubbleboy- NJ
rekdivr- PA
Geek- NJ
myself- NJ

Hi, solodiver! :)

Thanks for starting the NJ HH thread. I'm glad this many people expressed interest already! :cheerleader:

As far as options in and around the No. NJ area, I know of plenty of venues for the HH but not too many for a local dive, if people want to include one. To tell the truth, I have not done any local diving. But I can find out some info from my LDS on sites, rentals, etc. I believe they dive wrecks in the LI Sound.

I would suggest having the HH outdoors near water (where we divers like to be, right?). :cheerleader: Here's a suggestion: Sand Bar. It's right on the channel in the Liberty Landing Marina with plenty of parking. It's nearby the NJ Turnpike, and it's also a NY Waterway Ferry stop for NYers. You can eat, sightsee, dance, lay out on chaise chairs (I think I saw some) and so long as the HH is early enough, we can avoid the meat market slaughter. :cool1: There are other venues nearby that we could hop around to.

I guess you all can discuss further at NE HH and post an update. Looking forward to it! :thankyou:

Best,

Jemiah

If you want to include diving, then the only logical choice is Dutch Springs. Anything else rules out too many warm water divers, but a trip to Dutch Springs would allow the warm water divers to get a taste of local diving if they are inclined to give it a try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users