• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

New Jersey Happy Hour YES ITS HAPPENING!!!

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#31 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 08:29 AM

I was going to PM you J, but you said it doesn't work for you. Just wanted to offer any help.
Ray lives kind of south so maybe he can carpool with ddierolf.
Doncha like how I offer your services Ray? :birthday:

:P Ellen!

Thanks for your offer to help. Please chime in with any suggestions for venue or easier directions to our area. Also, since you've been on the board longer, perhaps you can pm some area members to come!

Can't wait to meet you! :birthday:

Jemiah

#32 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 08:30 AM

The class I'm assisting with will be doing its open water checkouts on either 3 or 10 June, and 17 June is out for me. However, if it will work, I'm in.

Rick
:P

I felt unfettered and alive
There was nobody calling me up for favors
And no one's future to decide
--Joni Mitchell

Hey, Rick!

I hope your dives went well! And especially hope you can make it to our HH on June 10th!

Best,

Jemiah

#33 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 21 May 2006 - 08:55 AM

:birthday: Hey...check this out!!! For all you people who say that all the fun only happens in Texas, watch these people in the North East, and see how it's done. :P

Have a great time, and don't forget to post your pictures. :birthday:

#34 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 22 May 2006 - 07:03 AM

Jemiah, Arthurs menu looks good but what can you tell us about the SandBar, I can't be the only one who can't open the Saturday page. Our firewall won't allow flash :P
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#35 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 07:21 AM

Jemiah, Arthurs menu looks good but what can you tell us about the SandBar, I can't be the only one who can't open the Saturday page. Our firewall won't allow flash :P

Hi, Ray!

I was able to view the flash site. And unfortunately, it just says "Sorry, This Section Is Coming Soon."

I do know from having gone there for only happy hour drinks, that the happy hour fare is standard bar food and sandwiches. They do have a full menu for dinner and live music, according to a local restaurant review.

As far as Arthurs, I have personally dined there, and seafoodies or not will enjoy their selections. Yum! :D

You can also PM me now if you want.

Jemiah

#36 nyc-diver

nyc-diver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cert Level:advanced open water
  • Logged Dives:30

Posted 23 May 2006 - 07:57 PM

Hey Solodiver & Co.

Latitude just called my attention to your plans. Count me in as long as I can get there from NYC without a car.

Dave

Edited by nyc-diver, 23 May 2006 - 08:38 PM.

#37 solodiver in nj

solodiver in nj

• PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Cert Level:aow
  • Logged Dives:+/-300 ? (not logged)

Posted 23 May 2006 - 08:39 PM

NYC-Diver,
Jemiah has been doing a great job, looks like we will be right across the river from NYC! Hopefully we get good attendance.....

#38 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 23 May 2006 - 10:42 PM

I'm in for June 10. Anywhere in north NJ works for me.
BB

When you make fish laugh, they can't bite you.

#39 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 06:51 AM

NYC-Diver,
Jemiah has been doing a great job, looks like we will be right across the river from NYC! Hopefully we get good attendance.....

:cheerleader: , Mark!

I'm happy to help out with getting adventurous SD divers in the No. NJ/NYC area together! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Jemiah aka got_air?will_dive

#40 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 06:55 AM

I'm in for June 10. Anywhere in north NJ works for me.

Fantastic! :unsure: Look forward to meeting you! :cheerleader:

#41 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 07:04 AM

Hey Solodiver & Co.

Latitude just called my attention to your plans. Count me in as long as I can get there from NYC without a car.

Dave

Hi, Dave! :cheerleader:

Yes, both Sand Bar and Arthurs Landing are accessible via Waterway ferry. To get to Sand Bar, you take the ferry from Pier 11/Wall St. to Liberty Harbor/Marin Blvd. Sand Bar is a few steps away. To get to Arthurs Landing, you can take the ferry to Port Imperial/Weehawken from 3 locations. It is literally on the landing. You can access the schedules here. I chose those restaurants for the accessibility factor and because they're on the water, where we divers like to be.

Look forward to meeting you!

Jemiah aka got_air?will_dive

#42 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 07:10 AM

All, let's take a vote for Sand Bar or Arthurs Landing or other (fill-in of course). I didn't know how to do the vote buttons. Maybe someone can help me with that? I'd like to make a reservation in a couple of weeks.

I'm excited for the 1st No. NJ/NYC HH! :cheerleader: It seems like we're gathering a good group thus far! Now we just need to even out the male/female ratio. :unsure:

Let's also discuss how we can get Kamala and other SDers to come and join us! :wavey:

#43 Got_Air?Will_Dive

Got_Air?Will_Dive

• PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 07:14 AM

:wavey: Hey...check this out!!! For all you people who say that all the fun only happens in Texas, watch these people in the North East, and see how it's done. :unsure:

Have a great time, and don't forget to post your pictures. :dance:

:cheerleader: I think divers, period, are by nature fun and adventurous. I personally will be taking the pictures, focusing particularly on capturing the winning moments of the countless drinking games we will be playing! I'm just kidding--I don't know about anyone else. :birthday:

#44 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 26 May 2006 - 12:43 PM

For anyone coming up from south Jersey or even Philly, I'm about halfway if you want to carpool.
As for where it's going to be, I prefer Arthurs Landing's menu but I've never been to either.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#45 sjkocis

sjkocis

Getting started

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cert Level: O.W
  • Logged Dives:80 +

Posted 28 May 2006 - 09:16 AM

Sounds great ! let me know when

S J Kocis :birthday:

0 user(s) are reading this topic